April 19, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural #N50 Aubergine

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful dark berry color on my pigmented lips. I tend to have dry lips, so I put on some Aquaphor and then a layer of this on top, which ends up with a more lip gloss look than lipstick as that's what I prefer. The color is buildable, so you can put on as much as you want to get the look you desire and it doesn't feel drying. Would definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I've been coveting vampy lipsticks and really wanted a shade that wasn't too red or brown. The Rouge Artist Natural line are semi-sheer lipsticks with nice color payoff and a subtle sheen. This one, #50, is named Aubergine but I find that it is more of a brick red burgundy. It's not really a true purply eggplant color so don't be misled by the name. It is a cool-toned lipstick so it makes the teeth look nice and white. It applies somewhat like a MAC luster lipstick, only sheerer.

Personally, if I opt for vampy lips, I prefer matte formulas so I wasn't crazy about the slight glossiness of this lipstick. It can emphasize lines and dry skin flakes. I also do not care for the synthetic floral smell. I am way too used to the great vanilla scent of MAC and for $19, I want a lipstick that smells decent. Would not repurchase this because of cheaper alternatives like Revlon Black Cherry but a lovely colour all the same.