November 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural #N50 Aubergine

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Schejtan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Way too sheer for such a dark colour. Way too expensive considering what it does (not do). Does not last at all. It's kind of like a very (too) tinted lip balm. The only upside is it does not dry your lips. Apart from that it sticks to dry patches, sets into lines - all within minutes after application. And it's practically impossible to achieve an even application. Even if your lips are perfectly prepped, this lipstick somehow manages to go on almost opaque at some parts and almost transparent at other parts of the lips. The only way to use it is as a sort of a tint - apply a very thin layer onto your lips and blend it with your fingers. When I buy such an expensive lipstick, I expect to be able to apply it from the bullet, but in this case that is unfortunately simply impossible. Total disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful dark berry color on my pigmented lips. I tend to have dry lips, so I put on some Aquaphor and then a layer of this on top, which ends up with a more lip gloss look than lipstick as that's what I prefer. The color is buildable, so you can put on as much as you want to get the look you desire and it doesn't feel drying. Would definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I've been coveting vampy lipsticks and really wanted a shade that wasn't too red or brown. The Rouge Artist Natural line are semi-sheer lipsticks with nice color payoff and a subtle sheen. This one, #50, is named Aubergine but I find that it is more of a brick red burgundy. It's not really a true purply eggplant color so don't be misled by the name. It is a cool-toned lipstick so it makes the teeth look nice and white. It applies somewhat like a MAC luster lipstick, only sheerer.

Personally, if I opt for vampy lips, I prefer matte formulas so I wasn't crazy about the slight glossiness of this lipstick. It can emphasize lines and dry skin flakes. I also do not care for the synthetic floral smell. I am way too used to the great vanilla scent of MAC and for $19, I want a lipstick that smells decent. Would not repurchase this because of cheaper alternatives like Revlon Black Cherry but a lovely colour all the same.