April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural #N50 Aubergine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I've been coveting vampy lipsticks and really wanted a shade that wasn't too red or brown. The Rouge Artist Natural line are semi-sheer lipsticks with nice color payoff and a subtle sheen. This one, #50, is named Aubergine but I find that it is more of a brick red burgundy. It's not really a true purply eggplant color so don't be misled by the name. It is a cool-toned lipstick so it makes the teeth look nice and white. It applies somewhat like a MAC luster lipstick, only sheerer.

Personally, if I opt for vampy lips, I prefer matte formulas so I wasn't crazy about the slight glossiness of this lipstick. It can emphasize lines and dry skin flakes. I also do not care for the synthetic floral smell. I am way too used to the great vanilla scent of MAC and for $19, I want a lipstick that smells decent. Would not repurchase this because of cheaper alternatives like Revlon Black Cherry but a lovely colour all the same.