October 20, 2014 | 2055 users online

Highlighters - By Terry - Colour Skin Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is arguably one of my most favorite products. At $100 a pop, the colour enhancer is not cheap by any means. However, if you have the money to buy it and don't feel ridiculous for shelling out $100 for a pot of fancy moisturizer/coloured gel stuff, try it. I've recently been on a bT kick and have yet to be disappointed with any products. It is a very non-sticky gel/cream hybrid with an undertone. The liquid is very smoothing- but not siliconey or slippy in any way. I use it as a base under foundation- and very very little is needed. Like half a pea size. The pot will last me ages.
I've tried the apricot and the mauve (purple) colors and ended up buying the mauve. The apricot was too orangey and was too dark for my skintone (N/NC15ish). It also comes in a rose color which I plan on trying soon as it would also work with my skintone. This comes in a thick, frosted glass pot with the typical classy bT lid. Packaging is very pretty and not OTT. The product has a very light rose scent as per usual with bT products which is not overwhelming or granny-like, it's just very refreshing and clean smelling. The scent fades pretty quickly once applied to the skin.
As far as usage, I use it two ways. Mostly as a base under foundation. I wear bT lumiere veloutee foundation and armani foundations as well and they are all compatible with the product. It sort of mattifies and smooths out my skin whilst keeping it moisturized. It definitely improves longevity of foundation. My skin stays moist at the same time which is awesome. I've tried tons of primers- ie smashbox photo finish, illamasqua, mac P&P, and many others. They've either dried me out, irritated my face, are way too slippy (smashbox!) or just feel heavy (P&P).
My other use is just using it alone. It refreshes my complexion but doesn't really cover anything obviously. My skin love the product and is not irritated at all by it.
Feel free to PM me with any questions! I know it's hard to find information about bT products because they are out of most people's price range.
If you have the money or have been on the search for the perfect primer/base, try it! I haven't regretted it at all.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by socalsuperstar

I bought he apricot shade. This evens out the skintone and makes it glow. On a good skin day, just throw on a little under eye concealer, loose powder and go. Terry created the Touche Eclat and is quite pioneering in what goes into her products. I admire this and the results are quite evident. This light play technology is in this product. It doesn't look like makeup, doesn't feel silicony like primer, and doesn't feel heavy on the face. It didn't get oily, in fact it actually hid my pores. Usually I put a bit of la mer's powder foundation on top. It makes my skin look perfect. My skin has pinky undertones, and this is enough to neutralize that and happens to add radiance at the same time. This is a luxury product. In fact, it may be too rich for all but the most avid cosmetics lovers like myself. It smells, feels, and looks beautiful. I want to try more from this line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by liviabomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am constantly on search for the perfect illuminator. I believe it is the fundamental product in maintaining the 'healthy glow', 'inner radiance'. When I tried this product (via a make up technician at a large department store), she asked me to 'tilt my head back' to appreciate the true glow it gave. With such stron lighting, I am quite sure it was the iridescence of the globe, not Terry. Sure, there are no macroscopically evident shine particles (ie glitter-like) however I am yet to appreciate the subtle glow that it is promised to give. To be honest, I can't tell the difference with or without this product. Money for water, is my opinion. Keep searching for the hoyl grail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a face highlighter/color corrector that you can use under, over or mixed with your foundation. I have #2 Glowing Rose and #5 Apricot and am not sure if I would purchase them or ever really use them (I have samples). The $2 is a pinky mauve and did not show up on my pale, pink toned skin. The apricot looked orange on me and was not flattering at all. No shiny bits, no funky color effect so I'm not too sure what their purpose it. The quality is excellent, however and if you need this product and it works for you, fantastic.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by vintage_fashionista89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received two very generous samples of this product in Apricot and Sweet Melon. While they are both extremely pretty, I do prefer the Apricot. I use either of these in conjunction with the Light Expert, Touch Expert & Rose de Rose Sheer Blush in Fresh Rose and voila! A gorgeous, radiant, glowing complexion with a natual finish.
The effect of the Colour Skin Enhancer is quite subtle but definitely noticeable. It helps to even out my skintone & provide a beautiful 'glow' for my complexion. Unfortunately it does not provide me with any SPF protection so I have to apply my Becca Mineral SPF30 Primer beforehand. I can't really comment on the packaging as I've only used samples. Having seen it on the website, I'm not a fan of tubs but I can overlook this for the fantastic product :)
I will definitely purchase these once I can actually afford the ridiculous AUD prices (AUD$152!!) By Terry is most definitely my favourite brand in the whole world! I am yet to be disappointed by any of her products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Melon and Rose. The melon looks good on my cheeks. I have ruddy cheeks and this tones it down and still have a slight color to my cheeks. Then I add bronzer and my skin looks great. The rose color I use under my eyes. It makes them look greener and I use it in places that are hollowed. I use both over my makeup. I love all her products. Her lipsticks are great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by la_petite_pipistrelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a lovely product! It performs exactly as it's named: as a skin enhancer; and it performs remarkably well—so well, in fact, that on minimal-makeup days, or on days I'm getting enough sleep, I'm happy to wear this on its own without any other foundation. At the risk of sounding as if I'm in the company's employ, I will say that I found the sheer tint brightens up my complexion, and the light-reflecting pigments give the kindly illusion of fresh and relatively youthful skin. And at other times, when sleep has been a stranger or there have been too many pretty lil glasses of wine (hic!) the night before, using this under my foundation (with a little extra patted into dark under-eye hollows) certainly gives my face a more decently human appearance than it deserves. The silicon content provides some oil-controlling, pore-minimising properties and it serves me well in place of a separate primer—though on the very stickiest of summer days, I still use a little of the Clarins Lisse Minute primer underneath to give my makeup extra staying power in the heat. I could do without the fruity scent, but that's a minor cavil. Yes, this is costly, but it does deliver results for my dryish mature-age skin: subtle radiance without grease or glitter or heavy masking pigments. Further, one needs only tiny bit at a time, and the sturdy glass pot is generously sized. I do think a tube would have been both more sensible and more hygienic; I use my own small cosmetic spatula to scoop out the cream for use. That said, I shall most certainly repurchase as needed, and am delighted to have found a new staple!
For reference, my skintype is dry-to-normal and generally trouble-free; Px Virtual Sand/Chanel 40.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 4:07:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I bought this in glowing rose (No. 2) and I am slightly disappointed. It brightens up complexion a bit and mattifies skin/camouflages pores. However, the effect is very subtle. I cannot see big differences whether I use it or not (I use it as a highlighter or mixing with fdt)... I also find it a bit drying on my dry skin. I think it's a product for people with good normal /combination/oily skin (to use alone/with powder) or who want a very subtle correction. ***Update*** I thought that it didn't do much but recently people have commented that my face looks healthier/more contoured. Maybe this subtle difference is noticeable. It's not glittery at all and stays put all day long. I get the best result when I use it over fdt (T zone, cheekbones). I also tried it alone together with a bit by terry fdt as a concealer, and it looks very natural and nice. Still not sure whether I would repurchase, though mainly because I like a bit more moisturizing formula. It's not as drying as I initially thought but leaves a matt finish. It'll be a great product for people with normal-combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

Another amazing product from the jaw-droppingly costly By Terry line. This product is a sort of cross between a primer and a tinted moisturiser. It smooths out the skin and provides the barest hint of colour.

I have shade #9, Peach Vanilla, a lurid chalky orange in the jar. I thought it would look clown-like on my pale skin, but it's so translucent it just perks up my rather corpsey complexion and makes me look more human. Most shades would suit most complexions - the idea is that you use for colour correction. So the Peach Vanilla I chose is good for pale lifeless skin, the mauve for sallow skin, the Apricot for ruddiness, etc.

The light cream texture dries rapidly on the skin, with a slight mattifying effect. Tiny lines disappear, pores seem less crater like, the overall colour is more uniform. It doesn't look remotely like I'm wearing makeup, even in a magnifying mirror. And it's so easy to apply - just apply with fingers like a moisturiser, but without rubbing in. It's virtually impossible to mess it up. I use this on its own on the rare occasions when I'm feeling naturally stunning, or under foundation or powder otherwise. It has a strong and lingering expensive peachy-floral scent which I love, but others may not. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by miranets

Skin condition - oily, pores, prone to irritation and breakouts, redness in cheeks

After reading many raves on this product on several forums this was the item I was lemming after for several months. The yellow/banane/#4 shades are no longer stocked in Europe/UK/US and I had to obtain at ridiculous prices in Singapore. I have a preference for primary colour yellow enhancers as my skin has no beige undertones and any peach/beige correctors only cause me to look flushed. Many green correctors give a white based finish and again cause my facial skin colour to become dismatched with my neckline.

The texture of this product is superb, I use several dabs all over the face over a silicon based primer (Clarin's smooth touch). Because of my oily skin I always use a dusting of silk/rice powder before I apply any product, liquid or powder. One would imagine this would cause liquid/cremes to ball up or not spread evenly. This was not the case when I first tried the enhancer, perhaps the silicon primer helped the product to spread evenly.

The yellow of this enhancer is not like others that I have tried (namely Pureluxe line corrector and banane powders which are a mute unflattering yellow which I had to put up with for a longggg time, and other MMU pure yellow powders gave a nasty cream white finish!). The yellow is not as bright as some correctors, and does give the skin a paler finish than I expected. It also casts a ever so slight greasy luminance on the skin without the greasy feel. Coverage is very sheer, don't expect it to be like Kevyn Aucoin's enhancer. For increased coverage I imagine one would use a powder on top.

This product is very high in silicones which gave it superior oil control properties. Perhaps it is a combination of primer and the By Terry loose powder, I did not have any oil breakthrough on the face all day. I had one particularly bad experience with the Sofina Nuance sunscreen which is also rich in silicones, it did wonders for oil control but could not be removed with any amount of cleanser. I thought the enhancer would end up feeling the same, but thankfully it came off very easily and did not cause any skin irritations at all. I normally get a slight tingly and itching sensation with new products or layer products, I did not experience anything like this with By Terry.

BT products have a lovely scent, a light musky/smoky fragrance which is not overwhelming at all. The ingredients are not "natural" at all! Despite it costing over $100NZD, the quantity needed means it would last at least a year even with daily use.

Enhancer - water, cyclomethicone, synthetic beeswax, glycerin, sodium citrate, dimethicone copolyol, hydrolysed soy protein, polygyceryl 4 oleate, phenoxyethanol, tocopheryl acetate, polyperfluoro methylisopropyl ether, propylene glycol, methylparaben, parfum, dehydroacetic acid. may contain CI 77019 mica, CI 77891 titanium dioxide, CI 77491 iron oxide, CI 77492 iron oxide, CI 77499 iron oxide, CI 77120 barium sulfate, nylon 12, CI 770007 ultramarines, myristic acid, silica

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No