July 22, 2014 | 1264 users online

Fragrances - Glam by Kim Kardashian

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I agree with what was written below; regardless of how you feel about Kim Kardashian & the Kardashian family, you cannot in all honesty say GLAM is a bad-smelling perfume! I wasn't sure whether or not I'd like it because it's a lot lighter than the perfume I typically wear. I'm somebody who likes "loud" perfume. I got it on a bit of a whim around Christmastime, shopping for presents at my local mall. I don't remember exactly which department store's perfume counter I bought it at, so I don't know what it costs—sorry! I have the 3.4 fl oz bottle.

In any case, GLAM became my everyday perfume. It's light & smells like flowers (rose?) & citrus fruit to me. This perfume is fresh & clean. It's not at all captivating, sensual, or glamorous. It's subtle & floral. I will admit that the wearing time for this perfume isn't the best. It smells good… while it lasts. Within a few hours, I can't smell any traces of this on me. It wears off quickly! I'm not sure if it's the formulation of the perfume or if it's the soft scent that makes it not last long to me. I wouldn't even say it lasts 4 or 5 hrs. My receiving compliments when I wear it are what keep me wearing it on a daily basis. I'd get this again, but maybe not another full-size bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by michelle5291

Honestly, I know people have these negative stigmas against Kim K, but her products are amazing. Her makeup line could use some work, but the Kardashian Kollection does really well, as do her perfumes. I own all of her perfumes except for Pure Honey and love them all individually. They all smell very different and unique in their own right. Her signature is probably my favorite, but for the spring and summer I think GLAM is amazing. Its light, a little fruity but mostly floral just how I like it. Very clean, the stand out notes are definitely Jasmine, Rose and Tuberose. I think the Rose Absolute ORPUR really makes this perfume very special. Also, I get many compliments when I wear this, both from men and women. Overall, from a marketing stand point, she really hit the nail on the head. From the packaging to the scent itself, it is universally an appealing and usable product for anyone ages 10-25. Youthful, non- offensive and very Glam. I wouldnt say this is "glamorous" or mature, but GLAM is the right term for it. I personally love this scent, just finished my bottle and went out to buy the gift set. Love it! Go kim!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the body mist. It does not last very long on me, but it's a nice scent. I can certainly smell jasmine, which I LOVE! Very light and not too strong. Love it! And I bought a huge bottle of this body mist at the mall for $10. Would purchase again.

***I just purchased the EDT of this. Simply divine!!! This is my go to fragrance now. Smells so pretty, and not overpowering. Wish it lasted longer though. I don't think it smells like Juicy Couture. I can't stand Juicy...way too sickly sweet. Glam is just right. I do not smell any tuberose in this. Goes on really lightly. Bottle is pretty. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by astamm62

I don't think it smells bad,but her fragrances are not original...Her first one smells like Michael Kors Michael,the 2nd smells like Glow after Dark by Jennifer Lopez and this one smells like Juicy Couture..There are too many fragrances coming out that smell that like other scents!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Kim Kardashian definitely loves her some tuberose, because at it's core GLAM is basically the same as her self named debut perfume; it is a floral jumble and the only individual floral note strong enough to stand out individually is the tuberose and, only some of the time, the jasmine. The bitter floral jumble is so powerful that it hides almost everything else that the perfume has to offer.

The fragrance is one dimensional and boring, with very little difference between the top, heart and base; There was a short lived burst of lemon in the opening, then a laundry detergent undertone develops quite quickly, and finally the musk note develops and joins in the mess [I'm not a fan of musk, so that is something else I could do without].

Laundry detergent? I'm not sure what it is, maybe the water melon combined with clean floral notes, such as orange flower, lily or neroli. The individual notes are too closely mixed together to separate and the soapy mix hides the berries, orris and wood notes, so GLAM is rather cold.

Official scent notes: Watermelon, juicy red berries, citrus, star jasmine, tuberose, rose absolute, orris butter, sandalwood and musk.

Considering that GLAM applies strongly, the poor longevity surprised me. It averages between four and five hours,which, considering the impressive longevity of both Kim Kardashian and Gold, is poor. I don't think I've ever given a one star rating to a perfume on a review site. It's nothing to do with liking or hating Kim herself; even if I don't like the fragrance itself, I'll find something else - for example the longevity - to be good enough for a two star rating, but there is nothing here for me to recommend about GLAM.