August 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Pressed Powders - Rouge Bunny Rouge - "Precious Velvet" Flawless Face Powder in "Piano Forte"

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would like to preface this review by saying that I have somewhat oily skin that tends to absorb powdered products, like eyeshadow and face powder, quickly if I do not use primer. I have been looking for a product to absorb excess oil as well as provide some coverage and add color without needing to use primer. While the Shiseido translucent setting powder worked ok, it did not last on my skin, tended to look patchy, and looked chalky despite how well I blended it and how pale my skin is. I decided to give the RBR face powder a try in the piano forte shade on a whim and have been very happy with it for about a year. It provides exactly the right amount of color and coverage. It is said to be a medium coverage product but it can be easily built up to be full coverage without looking cakey. I love how it evens out my skin after I put a little concealer on and how it does not settle into pores or creases without primer. It does a great job of controlling excess oil and I touch up about twice a day with it. The only downside is that, I find, it needs to be applied with a brush. The little puff/sponge that it comes with simply does not work with the product and will smear my concealer when I try to use it. Just use a brush and this product works beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I wanted to buy RBR's "Precious Velvet" Flawless Face Powder I looked for reviews everywhere and yet did not find the information I was seeking. Hence: I am NC15 at MAC and "Piano Forte" is a perfect match! There, I said it.

RBR say about their powder: "Effortless radiance and sophistication in a pressed powder, with a texture so light it melds with your skin, making it naturally flawless. An advanced micronisation process guarantees a combination of a velvety and creamy texture for ultimate comfort, perfect adherence, smoothness and an even finish. Innovative ingredients include Papaya Fruit Extract as a natural “face lift” and skin softener, plus Hyssop Extract with soothing properties. Rice Powder imparts a perfectly natural, non-shiny finish. Compose your own concerto of impeccable loveliness." Now, as for the radiance & melting into the skin part: yes, it's true. This powder is so finely milled that you won't see it anymore after you applied it. I mean, none of it. It evens out the complexion, adds radiance, yet absorbs shine and leaves the skin looking its best – it's just that you don't see the powder anymore. It's ridiculous, really. I know all face powders are supposed to be invisible & still make your skin look picture perfect but only "Precious Velvet" delivers. After 15 years of buying and trying make-up this is the only face powder I ever came across that is invisible on your skin, no matter how much you put on – no matter the layers. I wish I had gotten my hands on this sooner – it would have saved me a lot of money & frustration. I apply this powder with my Body Shop Powder Brush. I wear it solo, mind you, not on make-up. I also don't use concealer underneath my eyes anymore. I simply use a very fine concealer brush, dab it into the powder and apply it instead. Works miracles. My skin behaves rather well, except for the occasional hormonal break-out I have no problems, so I cannot say how it would do on acne-prone skin. The coverage is medium so if your skin is not as good as mine it will most likely not be enough. But still, the only downside I can find is the fact that it doesn't absorb oil all that well. I have combination skin and my t-zone tends to get really oily around noon and that will show, unfortuntely. Anyway, I'm going to let that slide because I found no powder ever that could keep oil at bay for a whole day and I think I'd rather find unicorns one day. But then I also never had a face powder that became invisible on my skin the moment I applied it so who knows? Alas, this little miracle has its price: I paid a whopping 44 € for 12 grams(!!). For that you get a beautiful little black box, in which the powder compact is hidden and underneath it is a little white sponge applicator. The powder compact is solid & heavy, a pleasant, luxurious weight. And all of it, the black box, as well as the compact itself, are beautifully decorated with white flowers & rabbits & whatnot. A royal treat for any queen. So to sum it up: This has got to be the bestestestest face powder ever.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No