October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Styling Products - Rusk - Thermal Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I found this in Marshall's recently for $8.99 and was like, ok, why not. I am always on the hunt for new Thermal serums and heat protectors. This stuff, wow. It makes my hair smooth and shiny and protects from flat irons, blow dryers, and curling irons over 400 degrees.

If you don't want to use a heat tool on your hair, you can still use this for smoothing and shine. Amazing stuff and worth what it retails for!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

Works really good. Helps with frizz. Makes hair look straighter and healthy. Doesn't make hair too greasy. I removed a lippy because I don't think it makes your hair healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Amandajudy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has seriously CHANGED MY LIFE! I have always had problems with puffiness and waviness even after using a plethora of different products...some quite $$$. I picked this up on a whim at Marshall's for $4.99 and it is literally the best hair product I have ever found. I have seen it at Kroger as well for about $15. Check Marshall's or TJ Maxx first though.

You put it on your hair dry or wet. The only drawback is that it is a little thick and leaves a film on your hands after you spread it through. I have received SO MANY compliments on my hair since starting to use this. I typically blow dry my hair on warm heat then flat iron with a GHD I do this at night and when I wake up just do touch ups. I only wash my hair every few days and it stays well tamed the whole time. It can make your hair a bit greasy in the roots if you go more than a day without washing. But I just typically use a little dry shampoo (PSSSST brand) on the roots and it freshens it up nicely.

Would enthusiastically recommend!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by postmodernist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for Rusk Priming Crème (Resurfacing Texture Crème). I purchased this discounted from Strawberry Net (about AUS $12) to replace my thermal spray. It is excellent. I have started swimming in a pool lately and my hair had been quite coarse afterward despite using moisturising conditioner. A small amount of this, left in, has made my hair soft and shiny even the next day. I'll be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have thick, slightly wavy, sometimes frizzy hair that I straighten nearly every day. This serum has made my hair noticeably less frizzy and shinier. Even my roommate, who had no idea I was using a new product, remarked that my hair has been looking good lately. To use this, I put a few drops in my hands, rub them together, then rub it through my hair before I straighten my hair. I've also used it on wet hair prior to blow drying and it seemed to work well for that too. In terms of reducing frizz and increasing shine, this definitely beats the Tresemme heat spray, which I used previously. The one drawback to this over Tresemme is it leaves my hands greasy, however this goes away if I wash them. I bought this at TJ Maxx for $8.99.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I'm surprised this is the first review for this product!
To begin my story....ever since using my last heat protectant spray, I've been on the hunt for the perfect, HG heat protectant for my long, asian hair. I do not have a lot of damage as I do not use heat products often, and if I do, I always ensure that I use enough heat protectant to protect my strands from the heat.

I wanted something that was free of alcohol (alcohol can dry out hair even more) and was of salon-quality. I did not really care if it would be a spray, cream, or a serum as long as it did the job. On my trip to Winners, I decided to look through the hair care section as Winners has a great selection of salon-brand items for a cheaper price.

I came across this, Rusk, Designer Collection Thermal-Alcohol-Free Serum (with pure Argan Oil). Winners had it for $9.99 for 125mL. That may seem so much for such little product...however, the consistency of the serum is SUPER thick. I have thick, long asian hair and I only had to use 3 drops to evenly coat the ends of my hair. I honestly think that 1 bottle of this will last a year, if not longer.

It claims that it is "a highly concentrated frizz eliminator containing argan oil for great conditioning and incredible shine" for anyone who wants a smooth, frizz-free look. "The unique combination of ingredients transforms dry, dull, damaged hair into smooth, silky hair with incredible shine and helps eliminate, frizz and dryness. Perfect primer for any thermal styling tool, protecting from heat stress caused by daily use of heat appliances." The directions call for applying 2-6 drops long the strands of your hair (I would stay away from the scalp as it can easily make you greasy-looking) ON DAMP, AND/OR ON DRY HAIR before ANY heat treatment (ie. blowdry, curl, straighten).

The fact that I can use this product both dry and on damp hair is a plus, IN ADDITION, the Argan Oil within the product also provides hair with further moisturizing content. I tried this before curling my hair and the end result was ultra-smooth curls with little fly-aways and a healthy, shiny look to my ends. I only applied it to the ends of my hair and so my scalp remained grease-free.

I would definitely recommend this to ANYONE (literally). I do not know how much it retails for at salons but I think your best bet is to check your local Winners to see if they have it for a cheaper price!