January 29, 2015 | 1056 users online

Styling Products - Shea Moisture - Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2015 10:31:00 AM More reviews by moth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is winter in Chicago. The weather just cannot make up its mind. One day, it is bitterly cold and dry, the next it is is humid. Then of course you have the fact that it looks like the humidifier on our new furnace doesn't work. Then there's my helmet, which likes to eat the hair on the back of my head. My poor curls. No protein treatment could save them. Going weeks without washing wasn't helping. No amount of jojoba oil was preventing my ends from breaking off like icicles in the Loop. In winters past, I was able to count on the Carol's Daughter hair milk product, but the formula changed a couple of years ago. The new formula burned my hair so badly that I had to have 4" of it cut off. As a rabid reader-of-ingredients, I coulda kicked my own patoot down the stairs.

I don't look good with short hair. But what you really want is my review, right?

I'd been walking past this product for a while, still peeved about the whole Carol's Daughter thing. Doing some research on twists (read: youtube videos), I saw a mom using these products on her kids' hair and decided to just read the ingredients the next time I was at Walgreens. Because you know, I am one of those freaks who reads ingredients.

Beauties, these are good ingredients. And after a few weeks of applying this to my lovingly co-washed curls, my hair feels softer and thicker. And just plain nice. Full disclosure, I did have to trim about 1/2" off in some places, but even the patch in the back where my helmet does the most damage no longer feels like steel wool.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Stillagoodgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells good but I can't tell if it's actually moisturizing my hair well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2015 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Paid $15 for this at Target so I admit I'm disappointed but I shouldn't be surprised cause nothing helps my frizz really. Bought it out of desperation for my frizzy,wavy-curly hair that is a combo of 2A & 2B. My hair is frizzy, dry and wavy-curly and I have a TON of hair. When I say a ton I mean for every 1 strand most people have, I have an extra 5 hairs and my hair is a medium in thickness, goes slightly past my back bra strap. Overall it's a mane of frizzy curly mess on my head. Ugh!
Like every product I've tried to help define my curly waves and help with frizz, this failed. No surprise really. Nothing has helped my frizz and to tame my mane and give me defined curls like I desire.
Smell is great, like a combination of coconut and pineapple, it's a very natural scent and is not offensive for those of you who are scent sensitive like I am. Leaves a non greasy feel on my hair and doesn't weigh it down too much but I have gone overboard with this before and it's left my roots really greasy.
Not too many pros imo but I see this has worked for many users on here. Pros: all ingredients are natural and this product is cruelty free. That's all I can think of really.
I dislike the bottle though cause it's hard to squeeze out cause the plastic is so thick.
My oldest son (age 7) has very curly and frizzy, dry hair thanks to his dad's genetics (his dad's hair is a bird's nest of tight coily hair lol) so this actually works well for his hair when he applies it after his bath. His hair is not long anymore but his hair still needs something extra to help it. His hair is moisturized and frizz free after using this. So I guess it's not a total disappointment? I'll use this up but likely won't repurchase. The hunt continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

I have naturally 3b curly hair that is also color treated. I absolutely love the tropical scent of this entire line!! The style milk works really good on my hair and a little goes a long way!! It keeps my curls intact and looking good even on humid days!!!

Definitely worth checking this line out if you haven't especially when Walgreen's or CVS is having a bogo sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product for my hair. I have very thick, curly hair that gets frizzy pretty easily. This leaves my hair feeling very soft, and frizz free without being weighed down or crunchy. It smells wonderful, and I honestly don't have to use a whole lot whereas with other products I used to have to use more than I would have liked in order to get it to cover all my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

3a/b curls here. I bought this on a whim, and at first I thought it was a major fail like CD Hair Milk was, but if I use the right combination of this with my Paul Mitchell Round Trip gel, it gives a nice, polished finish and smells good to boot. The trick is not to use too much. I only use more on second day hair, to smooth out frizzies. This line is so promising, but there are so many products I get overwhelmed!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first products I used from their line. I have 3b/3c thick curly hair. It doesn't have glycerin so it does not make your hair frizz up in humid enviroments. I find this to be good but not as moisturizing as the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. When I used this I had to reapply every 3 days. Because of that it didn't last me that much (6months). The Curl Enhancing Smoothie lasts me about a year. This could be good for wavy or fine curly hair that doesn't have a lot of hair. If you have a lot of hair like me, not so much. Even worst if you have thick hair and kinky hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick but fine, wavy hair which is also color treated and tends toward frizzy in humidity. I love this stuff! It's the very first hair product I have found that gives me volume without drying alcohol or stickiness. I use a tiny amount on my just above shoulder length hair and dry it a bit with a regular hair dryer, then I use my John Freida Hot Air Brush (which is another glowing review I should write one of these days) to finish drying it, and my hair is smooth, while still being wavy and voluminous and soft and sexy. Sometimes I'll scrunch a tiny bit more on the ends of my hair to bring out a bit more curl. The smell is beautiful, and I have to use so little that so far, this bottle has lasted a year. I also enjoy the curl and shine shampoo and the thicker restorative shea conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice styler that smells nice and helps keep my hair elongated and moisturized. My only irritation is that the bottle it comes in- the plastic is much too tough and cannot be easily squeezed to remove product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by KimidoriNeko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go to styling product. I have very thick, frizzy, tightly curled hair. Until finding the Shea Moisture Style Milk I had a very hard time getting my hair to look presentable when loose. Since beginning to use Shea Moisture that has ceased to be a problem. It eliminates about 98% of the frizziness, turning my curls into neat ringlets for the most part. It also does not weigh my hair down, leaving it soft, light and bouncy. All I have to do is towel dry the excess moisture in my hair after a shower, apply a quarter sized amount of the style milk to my hair and gently comb it through to the ends. I have never used a blow dryer with this product, as air drying it my preferred method for my hair. I love the scent of this product, I love the texture of the creme and I love what it does for my hair. My only complaint is the bottle it comes in. The creme is very thick and it is a pain in the but to try to squeeze out of the bottle, especially towards the end of the bottle.