October 20, 2014 | 1566 users online

Styling Products - Shea Moisture - Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

I have naturally 3b curly hair that is also color treated. I absolutely love the tropical scent of this entire line!! The style milk works really good on my hair and a little goes a long way!! It keeps my curls intact and looking good even on humid days!!!

Definitely worth checking this line out if you haven't especially when Walgreen's or CVS is having a bogo sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product for my hair. I have very thick, curly hair that gets frizzy pretty easily. This leaves my hair feeling very soft, and frizz free without being weighed down or crunchy. It smells wonderful, and I honestly don't have to use a whole lot whereas with other products I used to have to use more than I would have liked in order to get it to cover all my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

3a/b curls here. I bought this on a whim, and at first I thought it was a major fail like CD Hair Milk was, but if I use the right combination of this with my Paul Mitchell Round Trip gel, it gives a nice, polished finish and smells good to boot. The trick is not to use too much. I only use more on second day hair, to smooth out frizzies. This line is so promising, but there are so many products I get overwhelmed!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first products I used from their line. I have 3b/3c thick curly hair. It doesn't have glycerin so it does not make your hair frizz up in humid enviroments. I find this to be good but not as moisturizing as the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. When I used this I had to reapply every 3 days. Because of that it didn't last me that much (6months). The Curl Enhancing Smoothie lasts me about a year. This could be good for wavy or fine curly hair that doesn't have a lot of hair. If you have a lot of hair like me, not so much. Even worst if you have thick hair and kinky hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick but fine, wavy hair which is also color treated and tends toward frizzy in humidity. I love this stuff! It's the very first hair product I have found that gives me volume without drying alcohol or stickiness. I use a tiny amount on my just above shoulder length hair and dry it a bit with a regular hair dryer, then I use my John Freida Hot Air Brush (which is another glowing review I should write one of these days) to finish drying it, and my hair is smooth, while still being wavy and voluminous and soft and sexy. Sometimes I'll scrunch a tiny bit more on the ends of my hair to bring out a bit more curl. The smell is beautiful, and I have to use so little that so far, this bottle has lasted a year. I also enjoy the curl and shine shampoo and the thicker restorative shea conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice styler that smells nice and helps keep my hair elongated and moisturized. My only irritation is that the bottle it comes in- the plastic is much too tough and cannot be easily squeezed to remove product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by KimidoriNeko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go to styling product. I have very thick, frizzy, tightly curled hair. Until finding the Shea Moisture Style Milk I had a very hard time getting my hair to look presentable when loose. Since beginning to use Shea Moisture that has ceased to be a problem. It eliminates about 98% of the frizziness, turning my curls into neat ringlets for the most part. It also does not weigh my hair down, leaving it soft, light and bouncy. All I have to do is towel dry the excess moisture in my hair after a shower, apply a quarter sized amount of the style milk to my hair and gently comb it through to the ends. I have never used a blow dryer with this product, as air drying it my preferred method for my hair. I love the scent of this product, I love the texture of the creme and I love what it does for my hair. My only complaint is the bottle it comes in. The creme is very thick and it is a pain in the but to try to squeeze out of the bottle, especially towards the end of the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Even though the bottle says "for thick, curly hair", this works great for my medium-thick, colour-treated/highlighted, straight flat, and lifeless hair too! I like and use a few Shea Moisture products, the baby body lotion, and also the Deep Treatment Masque with Sea Kelp and Argan Oil. My sister uses this Curl and Style Milk on her very curly hair and I loved the smell and wanted to try it for myself.

Most days I just air-dry or blow dry and leave my hair alone, while other days I use heated curlers. This works for both styles, and most shockingly (well, to me) this DID NOT weigh my hair like pretty much every other product does. ..my hair was actually fuller looking and bouncy, easy to comb and all that good stuff. And I didn't need to use any of my usual volumizing products. Normally, I use those silicone-based serums that give you very smooth, silky hair but they make it impossible for my hair to hold any type of curl/wave and make my hair too "slippery" - which is fine for when I wear my hair straight, but annoying if I want it wavy or curly. The Style Milk gives me the perfect light hold I want, with just enough moisture to keep my hair in good condition and protected from the heat styling, combing, weather and general "wear and tear" on hair. My sister combines it with a few drops of leave-in, I don't need too - so I can see this working for a range of hair types and textures depending on how you use it.

The only con for me is the packaging, the cream is so thick it's hard to squeeze out of the bottle but it's not a huge deal, just takes an extra 5 seconds to slap it out. Highly recommend trying this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Gabyayo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was extremely helpful to my hair. It moisturizes, and keeps the hair relatively tamed. The scent is quite nice, and I've received many compliments on it. The ingredients in this product are more natural than the ones in other products that you may find in a drug store. I definitely recommend this product to anyone with mixed- race curly hair, it works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is incredible. It's the perfect product for me because it defines and moisturizes my curls without leaving my hair feeling weighed down or crunchy. I use this product with a styling creme from Garnier before bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my hair looks tousled yet polished. And for the first time in my life, my hair feels SOFT after being styled. No more gels or mousses for me! (Thank goodness.)