Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

4.1

Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Sugar Starch , Silk Protein , Essential Oil Blend , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Caprylyl Glycol , Sorbitol Esters , Algae Extract , Hlyssopus Officinalis Extract , Salvia Officinalis Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract (Sage) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

To my beautiful mamacitas with thick, luscious curls which no product has ever had the privilege of holding - beHOLD. This product will be your holy grail.

I have curly and frizzy hair, which is super voluminous (which my curly girls probably know can be a blessing and a curse). After washing my hair, I apply this product evenly throughout my hair, focusing on the body and ends. The key is to use the perfect amount... too little won't do the trick and too much will make it look too oily. I use a quarter sized amount (that is, a Canadian quarter) and it seems to do the work. And then I take a little more and focus on the ends. And Voila! My hair looks beautiful. It even lasts the next day without touch ups! The only thing is, they don't sell it in Canada anymore and I always have to get it from the States, so it's around $12.00. Totally worth it. And oh! I forgot the best part. It's paraben and sulfate free!

Enjoy ladies!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for a couple of years, off and on. It was a hard product to like; some days my hair turned out great and others it was awful. I finally figured out how to best use it, though, and I am happier with it now.

The secret, at least for me, is that I have to apply it when my hair is sopping wet. Then squeeze gently with a microfiber towel, and plop in the same towel for awhile.

The result I get is thick, defined sausage curls. I have to be careful not to apply too much, because it *can* be too heavy and weigh my hair down.

The only big negative about this product is that it does NOTHING to prevent frizz for me, so I am looking for something that will. I still use this though. I rated the packaging low because I would really prefer it in a pump bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good leave-in conditioner. I have thick, wavy hair, and I apply a bit of this to damp hair after a shower. This leaves my hair feeling moisturized, shiny, and soft. I still have a bit of frizz that I smooth down with some gel. This defines my wavy hair, in fact it's kind of weird--it leaves me with natural looking beachy waves, like you would expect from a sea salt spray. Some of the waves actually had a cast on them, as if I had put in gel, and appeared almost stringy. So I feel like I'm going to have to experiment with this to really find a way/method that I like. This is why I'm giving it a three instead of a four.

I also bought the coconut & hibiscus smoothie--which was way to heavy. The milk is definitely better if you have thinner/finer hair. The difference is the milk is water based, while the shea butter really makes the smoothie heavy. I also think the scent for the milk is more tolerable than the smoothie--the fruity smell of some of shea moisture's products is just almost unbearable sometimes.

Edit: I tried this again, and I think I was way too nice in my initial review. My hair feels drier, is frizzier than normal, and though there is a defined curl pattern, it looks BAD. I'm lowering this from a three to a two. Clearly this works for some people, but for my thick, slightly wavy/curly hair it does not.

Holy curls! I'm a Caucasian girl with naturally wavy/frizzy hair. I decided to buy this stuff randomly bc I have to admit, the packaging, the smell, and the word milk drew me in. This stuff brought out curls in my hair that I didn't even know I had, and eliminated frizz and made my hair look healthy and shiny. I have tried everything from Big Sexy Curls to Aveda Be Curly. Those products don't hold a candle to this stuff. If you have wavy or curly hair, you need this in your life.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This didn't do anything for my 4b/4c hair. Left my hair feeling hard to the touch. It smells good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product works wonderfully on my straight, fine, medium length, color treated hair. It helps to keep it healthy and shiny. LOVE IT!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After first time using this... Wow what a difference. Picked up in cvs while across the border out of desperation for some moisture for my wavy 2b coloured hair and am so glad I did. This stuff smells amazing and moisturizes my coloured and bleached ends incredibly well. Hair is soft as butter after scrunching in while wet and allowing it to air dry. Love the ingredient list!

Only word of advice is that this is not a frizz prevention product, for that a gel might be better, as it did frizz up on me on a particularly humid day in Ohio. Def recommend though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My DH uses this for his coarse, curly hair. He uses about a nickel size dollop for his below shoulder length hair (which he wears in a ponytail, a la Karl Lagerfeld). It controls frizz and defines his curls and adds natural looking shine. It's very concentrated so a little bit is all that's needed. The bottle will last forever, lol! It doesn't have much hold, but that's not what he's looking for, so for him it doesn't matter. It smells really nice and leaves a fresh scent behind for several hours. It's the one styling product he uses and he really likes it. Nothing else he's tried has worked as well. I highly recommend it because it leaves his hair soft, supple and shiny.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product, it smells so good and the smell stays in your hair for a long time until you wash it. My hair type is 2b/2c i have VERY, thick/voluminous hair; almost like a lion. With this product it leaves my hair ultra soft and my curls are very soft and shiny looking. When i run my fingers through it, it is silky soft. I never find this product to weigh my hair down, and it does control frizz depending on when you let it dry. I use this on damp hair and i let it air dry, not wind blown, or blow dried. Afterwards i get great results. Keep in mind i have random loose waves and then other parts that are super wavy, it doesnt provide that "perm" look if thats what youre going for. Id say not to use too much though or else itll leave your hair feeling greasy. I have done bantu knots, and flexi rods with this product before and i can say that it controls the frizz very well, looks defined, and is soft. The only problem is that theres not much product in it so id have to keep buying more. Overall amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this a couple of years ago after reading great reviews on this site. I needed something that would give me soft curls since gels tend to make my hair frizzy. I was skeptical at first because it has coconut in it, and my hair seems to freak out when I put any kind of coconut product on it, but I was surprised at how nice my hair felt afterward. It doesn't really hold the curl that well, my 2C hair turns wavy after a couple of hours. But it goes keep my hair soft and frizz-free, so I use it as a leave-in conditioner.

Popular Styling Products