April 18, 2014 | 1742 users online

Styling Products - Shea Moisture - Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is incredible. It's the perfect product for me because it defines and moisturizes my curls without leaving my hair feeling weighed down or crunchy. I use this product with a styling creme from Garnier before bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my hair looks tousled yet polished. And for the first time in my life, my hair feels SOFT after being styled. No more gels or mousses for me! (Thank goodness.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Always come back to this

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by PirateKitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've FINALLY found the perfect leave in product for my wavy/curly hair. After trial and error, a little goes a long way. I usually let my hair air dry and apply when damp and it adds so much softness and shine. Definitely helps battle the humidity in the south too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by dgenise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have coarse curly hair and my son has loose wavey hair and I just started using this because a lot of hair lotions contain alcohols but this one doesn't and smells so good...I love the consistency of it and makes my hair and scalp feel moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. I'm unable to use the Smoother in the winter due to the glycerin, so I now use this alone. It's really great for frizz and hold. Unfortunately, you don't get as much (but pay the same) with the Smoothie, so I don't think it's going to last quite so long.

It's also a little difficult to get the product out (squeeze bottle), but nothing major.

A must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG leave-in conditioner for my curly 3a, fine and somewhat porous hair. It makes my hair so healthy and smooth - love the natural ingredients and the smell. I always need to layer products on the style milk for truly tamed and defined curls, however, this is my base that I cannot do without!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Abstraction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've just recently started using this as my daily moisturizer and I love it! I use it once a day at night before bed to help set my twists and it makes me twist out the next day look beautiful. I seal in the moisture with a tad of shea butter and my hair stays moisturized through out the day. It's not heavy at all, absorbs nicely into my strands and adds shine. Makes me hair look great and feel soft and smooth! The smell is coconut-y and sweet which I really like and a little bit goes a looong way so that little bottle lasts me a while. This is a product I will continue to buy

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on recommendation of a friend who also has naturally curly hair. I have been using Carol's Daughter Hair Milk. I am not a fan of the CD's scent and it is more expensive. I had heard so many people rave about the Shea Moisture line and really wanted to like it because it is a natural product.

It is relatively inexpensive at $10 but it did nothing for my hair. It has a nice scent but it is heavy and instead of enhancing my curls, it weighed them down, unlike CD which really defines the curls. As a result, my hair was matted down and sticky. I definitely will not be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this hair, but unfortunately it was not for me. My hair is really thick and can be pretty curly, but can also just be regular wavy with random flat bits. Therefore, I need a curl enhancer to give it a boost otherwise it just looks like a poofy mushroom.

This product was a little too thick for my hair, and left a weird residue. I prefer light products so will be sticking to Redken Fresh Curls Curl Definer.

Pros: smells great, does moisturise, environment and animal-friendly (huge plus!)
Cons: too thick for hair, leaves a slight residue, doesn't enhance my curls

However, I do use the Shea Moisture Shampoo (Hibiscus and Coconuts) and LOVE IT! It's super moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by carolina93

Pros:
-Gives great moisture
-Gets rid of Frizz
-Defines Curls
-Pleasant Smell

Cons:
- Used up bottle quickly (8oz)
- I usually need to use a product alongside it for styling. It works great with the shea moisture smoothie.
-Shrinkage
-Takes a long time to dry

Mixture of 3c/4a hair