E.L.F. Mineral Eye Brightener

3.9

on 6/30/2015 6:37:00 PM

I really like this little product to set my under eye concealer. It doesn't give much coverage, or any at all, but it sets my concealer beautifully without looking powdery or dry.
The package is not so great, it's really tiny and the little sifter cap can be a bit annoying, but I honestly can't think of a better solution for such a finelly milled loose powder.
I'm repurchasing it and I definitely recommend trying it!

on 1/4/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I hate the be the downer on this, but this does absolutely nothing for me. It is so sheer that I can't make it show up at all. It doesn't brighten, it doesn't melt in or help anything set - it just really does very little. Giving it two lippies instead of one because while it is a total waste of money (albeit little money), it didn't irritate or harm me. Packaging looks nice but can be infuriating to get much product out of the few little holes in the small screen.

on 11/21/2014 4:57:00 PM

holy crap I love this stuff!! I just got my whole e.l.f order 2 days ago and I'm obsessed with this brightener! first off...the size was dissapointing I was like what is this when I first opend my package:( but oh well I already orderd a back up lol abywayyss...I do have dark circles in the corners of my eyes and underneith and sun spots but I apply this after my concealer under my eyes as a setting powder but dang it really does leave you looking healthy and awake I love it so much it also helped my concealer from creasing and lasts all day:) I apply this with my e.l.f small taperd brush (which I also love) already repurchased:)

on 11/15/2014 12:15:00 AM

This product is seriously amazing! I don't have problems with "dark circles" per se, but the skin around my eyes seems to be super thin and transparent, no matter how well I sleep or how well I take care of myself. I thought I was doomed. I bought this on a whim, since it was super cheap. At first I wasn't convinced, because it looked really weird and cakey. Luckily, I was staying in that night, so I let it ride. After about 10-15 minutes, this stuff MELTS into your skin so beautifully, without actually settling into the fine lines (unless you over apply it). This seriously made my eyes look gorgeous, and somehow seemed to actually make my eyes seem whiter. The only beef I have is the packaging, which is a bit awkward, for the price...you can't go wrong! I will buy this for the rest of my life / until it's discontinued / the company goes under. If any of the last two happen, I might have to cut someone ;)

on 7/6/2014 4:15:00 PM

I love this. I use this on my "no makeup" makeup looks because it looks so natural. It covers slightly but I recomend using elfs mineral concealer first if you have circles. a little of this goes a long way

on 10/3/2013 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I don't have very dark circles, on the grand scheme of things, but I am self conscious about the gap and I don't get a lot of sleep a lot of the time, so my under eye definitely needed some help that I just never got from concealers. I was a little skeptical this product would help, but with most ELF products I was willing to spend the two dollars to find out.

This really blew my expectations out of the water. It fairly seamlessly blends my under eye area into the rest of my face without being cakey or even more noticeable than the dark circles. I use a stripling brush to apply it, then do a little buffing with the rest of my face. It also stays in place with the rest of my makeup.

The packaging is typical ELF plastic. You don't get a whole lot, but you only use a little so it's really about a two month supply if you use it every day. It also has a "powder guard" cover, which is helpful because it gets a little bit clumpy if you don't shake it regularly.

This might not work for people with more serious undereye issues, but it suited my needs perfectly.

on 8/9/2013 12:56:00 AM

Fantastic as an undereye setting powder and brightener. Really offsets my dark circles when used in combination with a brightening undereye concealer.

on 7/9/2013 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this on a whim with an ELF order and didn't expect much. This is one product that works if used properly. It is a translucent brightening mineral powder that is super sheer but bright enough to perk up the eye area. I use this for the most subtle brightening effect. Although I had to take off a star because it got in my eye twice during the day when I rubbed my eye and it really irritated my waterline so much that I was left with puffy itchy eyes.

When used properly and carefully it's a staple in an everyday simple look.

on 5/20/2013 10:54:00 PM

Got this for $3 off elf website. Just doesn't work for me, for some reason most things that are suppose to "brighten" end up making me look tired. As odd as that is! The package is tiny but really a little goes a long way. I won't use for under eye anymore but it does work nicely as a eye brow highlight. I've been experimenting with more ELF products. I have run into ones lately that I don't love but for the price I could care less. If I had paid more then $10 for this I probably would have been upset at wasting money.

on 3/26/2013 12:41:00 AM

This product is a nice bone shade, perfect for a very natural shadow, as a base, or as a highlighter on the brow bone.

I just don't like the packaging of this product. I understand that it's mineral and in a loose powder form. I just think it's a little messy, and the powder has a lot of fallout when applied.