Skinceuticals Blemish and Age Cleansing Gel

2.7

I have oily sensitive skin, sadly this cleanser was just too strong for my skin and caused me to breakout. It feels nice using it, but it is very strong, so if you have any sort of sensitive skin, I would avoid

on 11/28/2012 7:13:00 PM

I am obsessed with gorgeous skin!!! I have an oily skin. Tried so many different brands to get my skin looking flawless but not the oily shine. I can truly say SkinCeuticals does it all. I am finishing my first bottle( lasted about 3 months/ used it twice a day) and will definitely re-purchase it. If you are looking for a great skin care try SkinCeuticals. But it is really important to choose what suits your skin type. Ask the pharmacist or your dermatologist first.

on 11/4/2012 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Normally I'm pretty lenient with cleansers, acknowledging that different ingredients work for different people and understand higher costs for marketing and packaging. This cleanser, however, leaves me perplexed about the ingredients and quality as well as the claims. As a Skinceuticals fan, I'm very surprised. This cleaner is expensive (around $40 CDN) and claims "potent cleansing agents combined with even and precise cell-by-cell exfoliation deep clean pores, remove impurities, and soften the skin". A review of the ingredients compared to cheap cleansers is infuriating: sodium laureth sulfate, parabens, menthol, surfactants and emulsifiers on the toxicity scale- ingredients cheap cleansers have been reducing for years. Even sodium chloride is listed as a 5 on comedogenic scales. Sure, it has salicylic acid and glycolic acid, but so do many a 5th of the price. This irritated my skin and didnt help much with my adult acne. I've always found Skinceuticals products to be high-quality and consistent with claims and am pretty disappointed with this irritating cleanser with common ingredients. Might as well check out drugstore cleansers with glycolic and salicylic acid without menthol, sulfates and parabens for a fraction of the price. I personally like Etival Clarifying cleanser if you're in Canada. Too bad! I'll still use the other great products, but not this one.