November 24, 2014 | 1225 users online

Cleansers - Erboristica - Facial Cleansing Milk

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail of face wash. I had been using Philosophy's Purity religiously. This has converted me. The price is cheap for the large amount you get (10.5fl.oz.). Erboristica is a little-known company from Athens, but it's actually been around for 40 years! I bought this because I know how great argan oil is for your skin. This product is made in Italy. This cleanser is described as a "Face cream with argan oil and hyaluronic acid." The bottle describes it as moisturizing & velvety, with instant brightness & luminosity. This is definitely true. I'll also share the full product description:

"Delicate cleanser for the face and eyes. Formulated with 100% natural active principles which have a perfect affinity to the skin and maintain its delicate balance. This fondant-textured cleansing milk is made pure argan oil, a genuine elixir of beauty, and alpha hydroxy acids extracted from flowers, which bring a regenerative and purifying action."

The INGREDIENTS are:

"Composition: Aqua [Water], Isoamyl laurate, PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, Glycerin, Coco-caprylate, Betaine, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Ethylhexyl palmitate, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Oryza sativa (Rice) bran oil, Argania spinosa kernel oil, Calluna vulgaris flower extract, Centaurium erythraea extract, Rosa canina flower extract, Verbena officinalis flower/leaf extract, Hibiscus sabdariffa flower extract, Viola tricolor extract, Lactic acid, Citric acid, Malic acid, Glycolic acid, Tartaric acid, Diglycerin, Inulin, Hydrolyzed wheat protein, PCA, Lysine, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl acetate, Sorbitol, Urea, Allantoin, Sodium gluconate, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Benzyl alcohol, PEG/PPG-8/3 laurate, Sodium hydroxide, Parfum [Fragrance], Ethyl lauroyl arginate HCl, Cinnamic acid, Hexyl cinnamal, Linalool."

This face wash is:
- 100% natural
- free of all mineral oils, silicones, parabens, colorants, and animal substances
- not tested on animals
- dermatalogically tested
- BIODEGRADABLE PACKAGING :-o

(I'm not making this up lol)

On to the the review... the cleanser is beautifully packaged. Gorgeous packaging that I enjoy displaying by my sink. Guests can tell it's from Italy because it's written in Italian! (there is english translation). It also is made from environmentally-friendly packaging.

As a cleanser, this is WONDERFUL. It does everything I could ever want, and more. It definitely does give you "instant brightness & luminosity." When I first got this I brought it home and tried it on the back of my hand. As soon as I rinsed I could see a huge difference in the brightness and tone of my one hand compared to the other. I use it twice a day. It removes ALL my makeup, leaves my skin bright, hydrated, and smooth. I have very acne-prone and sensitive skin (prone to cystic acne) and this does not break me out or irritate me.

The one thing people may not like is the smell. Be warned... it is a VERY strong flowery, perfumey smell that I assume is from all the extracts. Like I said, it's strong and you may be able to smell it on your skin afterwards. I personally like it. The smell has grown on me, much in the same way Hope In A Jar's scent did, although it does not smell like HIAJ.

I managed to find mine at TJ Maxx for around $8, and I've been keeping my eyes open for another one ever since. If I ever find it again, I'll be stocking up. In the meantime, I know you can find it online.