April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by YourMajesty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to use this product when it was called Tone Correcting Moisturizer (no "CC", no "7 in 1") before it was re-formulated to "7 in 1 CC Cream". It was easy to use, had just the right amount of buildable coverage, and blended into my skin perfectly (light to medium). Best of all, it did not irritate my skin. When I opted instead to use a foundation with a bit more coverage (L'Oreal True Match), I stopped buying it for a while.

Last week, I bought what I thought was the same Olay product I had liked before--it looked the same in the bottle, with a little bit different wording on the label. I didn't think it would be so different, but this time, it felt much "goopier" going on. The product gave me a red rash everywhere I had applied it. I had used it a couple of times before I figured out that it was the Olay (duh). Of course, I stopped using it, and a day or two later, my skin began to flake and peel. Not nice! It isn't an expensive product, but I felt ripped off all the same. I think I will contact Olay and tell them why I won't buy their products again: they cannot be trusted!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by fleurne

Got this at Costco when it was in a pack of 2 for $25. It's alright, the colour correction is very subtle. Like the SPF though. I only use these on casual days when I just want a little bit of cover up and hiding my redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by xina08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this because of the "all-in-one" concept - a moisturizer, a touch of color, SPF 15, etc. I like the bottle, nice and small. But when you put it on, it feels kind of greesy at first, till it dries, and you can build the color up (which was nice for me "light to medium"). However, the problem with this lotion is that the colour smears off easily. It doesn't seem to want to bind to your face! It could be hours later, you think it has dried, and it still smears off. Very disappointed. This is why I only gave it a two - it has potential, if only the stuff stayed on your face!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well. This isn't as bad as the others say it is but in fact it's really good. It does what it says: Tone Correcting, but it only lasts for a few days.
It doesn't smell like anything and it gives a medium level of coverage (still doesn't cover all my acne) so maybe you'll need some concealer to give it more coverage.
During the day it DOES turn a little pinkish but hardly noticeable since I got powder on top.
Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by KimA219

I have never had such a harsh reaction to a product before. I bought this cream after believing the hype. I used it on a Monday morning, applying it to my face, neck and upper chest. (Lets face it, we all want our skin to look its best, not just our face). I figured since it has the sunscreen, it would be a good way to help my skin, not only on my face.
The next morning I found the area on my neck and upper chest was red, inflamed and looked like I had a major sunburn. Thank goodness I didn't have the same reaction on my face! It was truly horrible. I had to go and ask a doctor what I could do to alleviate the rash covering my neck and chest, and I ended up having to take Benedryl and use a cortisone cream. I'm still suffering with this rash 48 hours later.
It gets worse. I call the 800 customer line and explained my situation. For no other reason than to let them know. I was told that the directions on the package only state to use on the face and since I used it on my neck and upper chest, they feel that I mis-used the product! However, in their opinion, I could continue to use the cream on my face only because I did not get a rash on my face. WHAT!? I have a bright red rash on my neck and its suggested that I continue to use the product?? Truly inexcusable. I have since returned the product to the pharmacy and received a refund. I have warned all my friends about this product and I will NEVER use it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Pamela617

I wanted to like this so badly but i hate it their is no coverage does not correct anything the first time.I used it it broke me out got reely greesy and settled so dark in my pores I thoght it might b to dark so I got the lighter shade I would set it whith a powder to c if that helped it did a bit however it still breaks me I have tried for over 3 month's to use this and let my skin get used to it its not happening so don't waste your money their are way better cc creams out there but I will say I love the packaging

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by LisaC14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a disappointment. The first day I used it, the color was great. Really did provide coverage for my red spots. Second morning was okay. Third morning I used it, and by mid morning my face was dry, red, itchy and swollen. Will never ever buy it again. Thought Olay had more natural products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the packaging/presentation but like others here wanted a better product.

I bought it because I wanted a cc cream for my neck & d├ęcolletage and it's just too expensive to use the Chanel I use on my face. Like others here I thought it was poorly pigmented and kind of greasy looking. It's also supposed to fade dark spots. In fairness I just have not used it enough to tell if it works for that.

If you are looking for a good CC cream for your face I would pay the extra and use Clinique or Chanel. It's your face after all and it's just not worth it to look bad no matter the price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this with a magazine. It is almost colorless. I found the formula to be very greasy and uncomfortable. It just sat on the top of my skin. I ended up using it as a primer, because it had no coverage. I would never buy this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product several weeks ago, thinking it would be great to have something with SPF in it. At first it seemed o.k., although I didn't wear it much. The lightness of it was very pleasant.

But this morning, I put it on before going shopping. At one point I looked into the flip-down mirror in our car and it looked like I'd smeared my face with pumpkin! My whole face was orange, not just yellow, really orange. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off and put it into my donation bag. Or maybe I should have just put it right into the trash. But who knows, it might work for somebody somewhere.

Don't waste a penny on this product! It's beyond awful.