October 23, 2014 | 1682 users online

Treatments (Face) - Yves Saint Laurent - Forever Youth Liberator

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by WindyJoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so angry that I let the nice little old gal talk me into buying this junk. 7 awards...for what?! Packaging! Even that was a pain in the butt it was a balacing act closing without dripping the goopy serum down the bottle.

I was excited to try out my new serum that was going to magically make my face more youthful & tight! Yippy!

Well it made my face tight as leather & dry! The only liberatoration was after I returned this peice of crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The MUA at YSL gave me a generous number of samples of this product as well as the light creator serum. I find them both to be lovely. I ended up purchasing this one in a gift package containing the eye cream and the moisturiser, which to me made it value for money.

This serum is exceptional. After a few applications, there is a difference. I notice a visible reduction in the pores on my cheeks as well as a huge reduction in the crepiness and puffiness of my eyelids, to such an extent that I can now wear shimmery eyeshadow, and I don't feel the need to wear a face primer. It also passed the parter test, when he who hardly ever notices, commented that my skin looks lovely. This product is a game changer for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Jaimiedollar

I love this despite the alcohol ingredient. I find it very difficult to get a serum/ cream that does not break me out, leave my skin like an oil slick or dry my face. I have tried creme de la mer, eve lom, elemis, cheap high street creams & they just don't work for me! This i would recommend for fussy, combo skin like mine who can normally only use Boots Intense & Perfect serum. Trust me, i have a bag of opened pots & tubes to say that this stuff is actually worth the price

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This won't do anything for your skin thanks to the alcohol and fragrant ingredients it contains.And the price is ludicrous.I had a sample of this.I wouldn't put it anywhere near my eyes due to the high alcohol content so what's the point? The eye area is where I need hydration and this won't help, that's for sure. Alcohol at this level is no more than an irritant.Even if you can't see or feel it. the damage is being done under the skin's surface.It's a shame because without the alcohol and fragrance this could be ok, although I still wouldn't buy it because of the price.Olay regenerist regenerating fragrance free serum runs rings round this at a FRACTION of the cost,.as do various other serums.The bottle is pretty,that's about it.But ,really your skin derserves so much better than this.overpriced nonsense.,I'd skip this one ladies and gents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Tamarachehade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to y mum as a gift this summer and completely forgot that i did. A month or so after I noticed my mum was "glowing", her skin looked so young and smooth. I thought she was weraing foundation but she wasn't she told told she was using the serum religiously and that it was the best she ever tried! I just bought her a new bottle for christmas :)

PS: she also got some samples of the face cream and eye cream and said they seemed to work pretty well too!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Ernesha

After changing my skin care products I started to receive positive comments about my skin. I believe this product may be the one to thank! It cleared my skin up a bit and made it look plumper. The real bummer though is in application, I don't like the dropper and it is hard to get out the last few drops.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by DesertRabbit

Don't know why there's not much reviews on Makeup Alley? Maybe because of the price? Although this is a anti-aging serum and I'm just 24, but the MUA highly recommended this to me and I gave it a try. I've been using it day and night about 3 weeks and it works great. First of all, it doesn't break me out, my skin is quite sensitive and easy to breakout (irritation of beauty products and hormones), but it's safe for me and it stabilized my skin condition. My skin feel soft, more glow and smoother than before, less breakout. It have a wooden scent and the texture is kinda watery, absorbed quickly, not sticky. When I finish this bottle I may try out the forever light creator serum!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by sssilvia

I am 51 years old and I stared to use this product in December last year. After four months I have to say that this product is really good; It's not the best one because not minimise my pores, but my skin is soft, moisturised and some wrinkles almost vanished.
I've bought both: the Serum and the SPF15 Fluid and I regret not have bought for the eyes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I got some generous samples of everything from the range bar the eye cream, which i hear is lovely. However, i'm not loving this, the second ingredient is alcohol, can someone tell me why?! Is there a reason or is it just to make it dry into your skin quicker to give the 'appearance' of smoother plumper skin, like the chanel hydra beauty serum? I think this is a gimmick product, works lovely as a primer under foundation as the alcohol absorbs all your oils but does it really have anti ageing benefits as opposed to similar priced serums out there? I don't know, but in my humble opinion i'm going to say no, i think estee lauders advanced night repair, nudes pro genius oil or something else would be much more beneficial. I'd say try this before you buy it, alcohol denat is a cheap alcohol too and can be very irritating to acne prone or sensitive skins so beware, it's also in the eye serum and night cream too which i find alarming as you really shouldn't put drying alcohol under your eyes when there's so few oils there already! I did it purely for testing purposes and saw no benefits, again kiehls midnight recovery or the new lauder ANR serum would be better choices i think.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this serum for about 10 weeks. First of all I must say that this serum does live up to its claims about 80% when it comes to results but the reason I gave it 2 lippies is because this results are just temporary and I will explain this.
I am only 24 and do not have any deep wrinkles, but I do have very dry skin and the weather here in Ireland during the colder months make my skin even worse. I received this serum as a gift along with other YSL products for Xmas and gave it a go religiously every day, day and night for about 10 weeks.
Results: Skin seemed a tiny bit tighter, fine lines under my eyes seemed a bit smoother and smile lines were much smoother. Complexion was fairly clear with the odd random spot. Skin looked smooth enough but definately not "glowing".
Now the reason why I gave this 2 lippies is because this serum doesn't actually improve your skin condition whatsoever. As soon as I stopped using my skin went from very dry to Sahara desert, my skin looked old and thirsty and I was left with little bumps on my forehead. Complexion looked even more dehydrated and dull since I started using the serum.
So you pretty much have to keep using this for the rest of your life to keep your skin looking decent, else the temporary effect you get is reversed and comes back at you even bigger.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No