Avene Extremely Rich Compensating Cream

4.5

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER). CETEARYL ISONONANOATE. GLYCERIN. CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL (CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS SEED OIL). BIS-PEG-12 DIMETHICONE BEESWAX. ISODODECANE. CETYL ESTERS. POLYACRYLATE-13. RACHIDYL ALCOHOL. ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE. BEHENYL ALCOHOL. BENZOIC ACID. BETA-SITOSTEROL. BHT. CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE. CHLORPHENESIN. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). GLYCERYL STEARATE. GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT (GLYCINE SOJA SEED EXTRACT). PEG-100 STEARATE. PEG-32. PEG-400. PHENOXYETHANOL. POLYISOBUTENE. POLYSORBATE 20. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE. TOCOPHERYL GLUCOSIDE. WATER (AQUA).

on 6/1/2015 6:14:00 PM

I am on my way to buy my third bottle. Clasic Avene product. I love this creme!

on 4/4/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

After months of trying to find a good moisturizer I decided to give this one a try. I know my skin reacts well to Avène but all the other ones like Hydrance didn't manage to hydrate my skin as I would hope.

I have atopic skin and I needed a moisturizer that would leave my skin soft and supple during the winter months. My skin reacts badly to the wind and cold temperatures but with this Extremely Rich Compensating Cream I felt that I could leave the house in the morning and not be worried about getting dry skin until the end of the day. I feel like it protects my sking against the chilly air. During winter I use this at night and in the morning and I noticed it was a bit greasy just after I applied it but now I just pull my hair up in a ponytail and let it dry a bit before going to sleep or leaving home in the morning. It works wonders and I like that the perfume is barely noticeable. It feels fresh and very nourishing on my skin.

The packaging is nice. I like that it's made of glass. It comes with a spatula that should be used every single time to keep it clean and hygienic. Also, it helps to regulate the amount of product to apply.

I'm on my second jar and I might continue using and buying it again. I bought my first jar in November and it lasted until February. Now that weather is getting warmer I feel it might be a bit too heavy and greasy to use during the day but I will still use it at night to give my skin a boost of hydration. It did not cause me any breakouts or clogged my pores. The price is a bit high but you do get what you pay for.

I love this cream, I've never used any Avene products before but needed a new night cream and sort of bought it on impulse as it was cheaper than my usual (but still fairly expensive).

This cream is very thick, I have oily/combination skin but I still like a rich cream at night. It doesn't sink in completely, there's still some residue after rubbing in which I don't mind as I'm only going to bed but might not be so great for the day. It's very mild and soothing, I think it's designed for people with sensitive skin so that may be why. It doesn't have a strong fragrance, just a mild 'baby' smell lol which I don't mind.

I'd say the name sort of says it all, it's very very rich, my skin feels lovely in the morning. My skin looks lovely and plump and hydrated in the morning - no tightness or irritation, I've also had no spots even though this is really rich.

Also a note on the packaging, it's in a jar which I love as you can get every last bit out! It also comes with a little spatula which is handy and more hygienic.

I think this will be a great cream for the coming winter months, and I will be re-purchasing.

Update: Stopped using this in morning as it made my skin very greasy all day - still great at night though and doesn't clog pores, just re-bought this.

on 11/3/2012 12:23:00 PM

I have super dry skin (1 year post-Accutane) and moved to a cold climate recently, so I am always on the hunt for the perfect winter moisturiser. I also have facial keratosis pillaris, so moisturising is always a must. Avene is a brand that I really trust as most of their products have worked very well for me. However, this cream has let me down a bit. I'll probably use it up but not repurchase it.

PROS:
- thick cream - which is a pro if you have very dry skin and deal with cold weather, wind and heating. However, if your skin is only slightly dry or if it's combination, it is probably not the best formula for you.
- absorbs in a few mintues and does not leave a shiny residue

CONS:
- unhygienic jar packaging (it comes with a spatula, though)
- does NOT leave my skin feeling moisturised after 1 hour or so. I normally have to reapply it or use a moisturising mist a few times a day
- now the biggest con: it balls up A LOT if you layer it over or under other products. I normally use a hydrating toner/lotion (like Hada Labo moist lotion) and/or rosehip oil (during winter, just a moisturising cream is never enough). Most moisturisers do well with this, but NOT Avene Extremely Rich Compensating Cream. After applying it over a toner or serum, I get lots of little flakes almost immediately. This is a huge problem since I have to layer sunscreen over it during the day, and this is the reason why I won't repurchase it after I run out of it
- After using it for 2 weeks, I don't really think it performed any better than most moisturisers for dry skin that I've used before it. So definitely not an outstanding performance.