December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Powder - Lioele - Volume Cookie Pact

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by damuko

I absolutely love this. I needed a powder to take with me for touch ups, something that had a little bit of coverage, but would still look natural. I tried MUFE Duo Mat Powder foundation, and it was way too cakey for me. I went to a makeup counter and told them what kind of powder I wanted - and that I'd be willing to get something sheerer if it was more finely milled. She told me there was no such thing. Imagine my surprise when Lioele's Volume Cookie Pact looked almost completely natural on my face!

It covers decently enough - less than the MUFE powder, but enough for me. It evens out redness, and controls oil well. And it looks surprisingly natural. Of course, if you looked hard enough, you'd be able to tell that I had powder on, but it didn't show any more than my translucent Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. It's also SPF 25 PA ++. There's a little bit of a sunscreen scent, but I actually like it.

The packaging is really gorgeous - classy, and in silver. There's a carriage on the front, and even a little rhinestone. It's also kind of bulky, but I can deal with that, as it seems pretty sturdy. I've had too many pressed powders shatter on me due to cheap, flimsy compacts.

Lastly, it's affordable and a great deal, considering everything- much cheaper than other powders I've tried, powders that were very much inferior. This sells for around 25 dollars on Ebay (I bought this from the seller bigclothcraft - I highly recommend them! They have free shipping from Korea that is relatively quick, and prices that aren't jacked up) for a whopping 15 grams.

One downfall is that it only comes in two shades - 21 and 23. I'm usually around NC 25-30, and 23 is just a tad light for me (although I can still work with it) so if you're any darker, or much lighter, it'll be a problem.

I absolutely love this compact though, and I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out.