Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum

2.6

Active Ingredient: Hydroquinone 2.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-10, Dextran, Hexapeptide-2, Rice Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Zinc Gluconate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Propyl Gallate, Nonoxynol-10, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Chitosan PCA, Allantoin, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Hydroxide, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product did absolutely nothing for my skin. For reference, I have dry skin with hormonal acne on my chin. Because of this, I have a lot of PIH. I get hyperplastic scars so it takes slightly longer than normal for my PIH to go away. This made no difference whatsoever- I can't say it made it worse, but after using this for 1 month I had spots that were exactly the same as when I started using it. This also caused a bit of flushing and irritation toward my last week of use, but ymmv.

Another big issue with this product- it comes in a clear bottle. Who designed this? Both Hydroquinone and Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), the most beneficial active ingredients, are light sensitive. I only had the small jar of this so they didn't have time to go bad, but these ingredients are very light sensitive and will become ineffective quickly. At this kind of cost, you would expect the packaging to at least attempt to preserve the product inside.

Don't waste your money on this. There are much cheaper options that are properly packaged and are probably more effective.

I have been dealing with acne for last 4 years on one side of my face and that whole check was like a huge patch of blemish . I could not go without foundation as its so pigmented. I used this and just in days I noticed and my family noticed how light it had got. I have only been using it once every night as a spot treatment but reading other reviews I will start putting it all over and update with the review

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

this product lighted my skin too much! it's looks like I have vitiligo!

I have noticeable over a decade old sun spots on the top of my cheeks and an acne scarred right cheek hollow. I've been using a deluxe sample of this on those areas for three to four months and have noticed a slight lightening of my older sun spots. Granted I was only able to discern the lightening results after closely scrutinizing older photographs of me, so this isn't something I'm really excited about. I guess I am pleased that I can more easily conceal the spots with moderate coverage foundation these days . Also, I had been haphazardly applying this serum on the top of my cheeks, so it actually lightened a small area unblemished by sun spots, so I guess it is effective at lightening to some degree.

As for my dark acne scar (caused by dirty Razr cell phone key pad in college), I don't think this serum did too much, but again, this is a rather old scar (that does flare up with blackheads and acne every so often).

I'm curious as to why Murad packaged this in a transparent pump bottle. I've noticed the once clear serum gradually darken into a light orangey brown color - not sure if this could be remedied by packaging the product in a opaque container? Same thing happened with the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel sample I received awhile ago. I gave that one to my mother to try on her sun spots and it actually eroded away the top layer of her skin after a week's use.

I would not repurchase, unless I'm suddenly afflicted with a number of new sun spots (which shouldn't happen now that I'm better with SPF) but it was nice to try.

No, this does not work. The ingredients aren't concentrated enough and this should come in an opaque bottle to preserve the vit C. This is a mass market product such that if you have moderate to serious pigmentation correction needs, this won't do a thing. Also this is tacky and sticky and clogged my pores. You can just tell the difference in quality of this product say with the Skinceuticals Advanced Pigment corrector, which is smooth in texture and sinks right in. I would say 20% vit C does a lot more. This is honestly a waste of time. I have not found anything in this brand to be anything beyond drugstore level performance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product burned my skin worse than anything. I couldn't sleep it was so bad. It contains hydroquinone which I highly recommend you read about in terms of warnings before considering even a one time use of this product.
It took almost a month for my skin to heal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Woke up on day 3 with tons of whiteheads all over. Like 15 of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was using this for my acne scars (dark spots) and I didn't see no change at all whatsoever. So I decided to just give it a month tops and see how it goes but still no change, it hasn't lightened anything. Not to mention this made my skin red and gave me bumps. Even the Ponds Clarant B3 which im using now is working so much better/faster than this ever did.

This serum is a total waste of money. It hasn't lightened my hyperpigmentation at all, not even half a shade. I've had better results out of store bought lightening cream that also contains hydroquinone. It there really is HQ in this serum, it's seriously underdosed or something. Don't waste your $$ on this garbage.

I used this daily for almost 4 months and have not noticed any lightening in my sun spots. I only have a few spots on my cheeks and am hoping this would at least lighten them a little. But nope...nothing happened, at least my skin didn't break out from it. Don't waste your money.

Top Rated Murad Products