September 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Forever Red

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it does have the the sweetness of apple or another red fruit emm maybe berries but I don't like it all that much , it lacks character , smells of fruit and maybe amber but that is it . I can't smell it after a couple of hours and I never get any compliments wearing it...I bought cashmere glow with it and I really like it though , it is sophisticated and classy ...and it does make me feel warm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

B&BW has been slacking with their recent releases as they all smell the same to me, floral and one-noted! This is the exception though and their sweet redemption in my eyes was creating this yummy scent:) It's definitely a fall/winter fragrance that reminds me of hot, buttered rum and toasted marshmallows with a hint of ripe raspberries and pear. This is a complex frag but imo all the elements balance one another. Great for people who enjoy gourmand scents that smell good enough to eat! My only gripe is that the lasting power is so-so, it starts out strong and fierce but fades away within a few hours. Will repurchase as I'm almost on empty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To my nose this is a cross between Escada Magnetism and Nina Ricci's Nina. A lot heavier than Escada and a tad sweeter than Nina. I love both and I really like this.

I can't describe it any better than anyone else already has.

I have two complaints. One, the staying power. I understand that when wearing a scent you, yourself, can't smell it all that well after a few hours. But within an hour my husband couldn't smell it either. It could be the balmy weather, though. Two, the bottle itself. It's really chunky and a bit awkward to spray.

Don't think I'd repurchase. I'd rather spend an extra $20 or so and go with my beloved Nina. But it's a great scent at any rate.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Dmspears1117

A bit pricy, but definitely the best fragrance B&BW has made. It does a have a higher alcohol smell than the others, but it dissipates after a few minutes. Warm and inviting, and definitely something more mature than my childhood favorite, warm vanilla sugar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Forever Red's first spray is warm, inviting and boozy marshmallow. Unfortunately, the rest goes downhill from there. Forever Red seems promising. The SA's told me wonderful stories of how this EdT is made, and it sounds wonderful, but has a plastic, shallow tinge to it on me.
Something is missing to make this fragrance a full-bodied, creamy scent ready to deliver on its promises. It's as if it's almost there-like a soup in a crockpot that's been brewing and isn't quite ready yet. The buzzer hasn't gone off, it's ready to sample and the chef says, "No, not yet."
Peach in the top notes is prominent, peony delivers a rose quality in the middle, and the rum brings along the vanilla and marshmallow to round Forever Red to a fragrance for Bath and Body Works that's different for their usual fragrances but not quite up to par for what they're trying to deliver.
The booziness lasts a few hours but dissipates quickly to a close skin scent. Good to wear at the office, at home relaxing or out to dinner.
Top Notes: Pomegranate, Peach, Apple.
Middle Notes: Red Peony, Osmanthus, Marigold.
Base Notes: Rum, Vanilla, Oak, Marshmallow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Day 14 in my fragrance project brings me to BBW Forever Red:

Fragrantica describes this as: pomegranate, French peach, apples, red peony, red osmanthus and night-blooming marigold, rum-vanilla, marshmallow and woody shades of oak.

On first spritz I get very juicy pomegranate, peach and apple...and I know it's marketing but I swear this one SMELLS red. :) It remains a very sweet fruity fragrance, even as it moves into the slight floral heart of the scent. I mostly get osmanthus mixed with the fruity top notes, and the dry down of rum-vanilla and oak are STILL tempered by the fruit, even 9 hours after I sprayed it on.

This is a gorgeous fragrance and a keeper for me, although I have the smallest size they offered and can't see needing to buy a larger bottle, although I WOULD spend the money on shower gel and lotion to layer the fragrance for greater longevity. I'd say sillage is low/medium and moderate longevity (although I know others that say this one DOES NOT last on them at all)

I WOULD replace this if I ran out, and would recommend it to others that like fruity-woody scents. I find it delicious. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. I, too, am surprised by all the negative reviews. Well, I'm not the most avid Bath and Body Works person. I go there for bubble bath, but that's about all. I haven't really been into their scents in a long while. So maybe because of my lack of knowledge of their products, this scent was new and fresh to me. I couldn't believe I paid only $5 for this. I love the smell, and couldn't stop smelling it. I just hope I don't wear this around people who want to puke because of the smell. That would bum me out.

Like others say, it's a blend of fruit and musk. And the way that it's blended simple smells perfect to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I, too, am surprised by the lack of love for this scent. I find it really sophisticated - sultry, with notes of vanilla and rum, but balanced with the perfect amount of fruity sweetness. It's a terrific scent for fall and winter - warm and quite sexy. My husband is not typically a scent kind of guy, but he commented on how much he likes it.

When the line debuted, I bought every product that was available, from sugar scrub to dual rollerball/lip gloss. I was pleased with most of the products, with the exception of both of the aforementioned ones. I found the scrub far too abrasive - I've got Fresh's classic Brown Sugar Body Polish, but I stored it on its side briefly and some of the oil leaked out. The next time I tried it, it felt like rubbing coarse sand on my skin, and really that's what the BBW Red scrub was like to me.

The lip gloss was just a personal thing - it looked like a deeper wine color in the tube, but when I swashed it on, it was more of a bright, pearly pink, which does not work on my complexion.

My other quibble is with the packaging: First, the big gold plastic bow looks cheap and is frankly a nuisance; it gets in the way when you're trying to take off the cap. Worse than that (in my humble opinion) is the graphic of a woman's legs on some of the bottles. I mean...really?! It looks like it came straight out of an 80s drugstore brand perfume - cheap and corny - and seems to completely contradict the ethos BBW was going for with this scent (read: upscale and sophisticated).

One of the things that I do love about this line is the fact that it works as a home scent as well. I have the candle, and it's lovely (though I keep it in the bedroom - this strikes me as more of a private sphere kind of scent). I also noticed that now there's a scented oil available as well, which I absolutely plan to pick up next time I'm in BBW.

I do understand some of the complaints about lack of staying power, but I've found that the rollerball does last longer (as another reviewer mentioned). The other option, of course, is layering the product - using the shower gel (which is lovely), the lotion (also nice), and topping that with either the body mist or the EDP. Speaking of, I love it that this scent comes in a body mist that can be applied more liberally (and better than that, is less expensive!), as well as an EDP. So if you're not happy with the staying power, you can always stock up on the gel, lotion, and mist during one of BBW's awesome sales, and you'll be set.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE Forever Red! I'm surprised by the amount of low reviews! Forever Red is one of my favorite BBW scents ever released. I tend to like darker scents (not very into fruity sweet scents) and this is one of my go to perfumes/lotions. I actually way prefer this over Midnight Pomegrante, as I do not like that scent very much at all. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out. Love the red packaging as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This smells like a combination of Midnight Pomegrante and Sweet Pea, with a bit of vanilla. The staying power is very good, but to me it's not something that sticks out by any means. It is a very pretty fragrance... but nothing about it is super special. It reminds me more of Sweet Pea which, don't get me wrong, smells great, but I was hoping that this would be truly different. I have the body cream and the small edt, and I will continue to use them until I run out, but I will not repurchase.