Bath and Body Works Forever Red

3.5

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

on 8/24/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't consider this seductive, but I do think it smells lovely. It lasts and the scent becomes lighter but remains feminine throughout the time I was wearing this. It smells very approachable.

on 2/3/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Bath and body works had the nerve to charge more for this line when the store has scents wayy better at normal prices. My boyfriend bought me the whole line and i returned it. $85 dollars later...

on 1/20/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Brooklyn, NY

On Memorial Day of 2013, I decided to try out the Forever Red Spray my sister gifted me with. I took a shower and sprayed myself, arms, legs, stomach and neck. The following day, there were a few pimples that I ignored. Later that day into Wednesday, I was a full blown disaster. I looked and felt like someone sprayed me with acid. Doctors said it was one of the worst reactions they've ever seen. Because it was direct contact, I was in constant pain and agony. I went into anaphylactic shock and had to be rushed to the hospital getting an epinephrine shot that left me in seizure state. I was put on every steroid and medication there is for allergic reaction, but unfortunately it had to take its course.

My son wept every time he saw me. So far the healing process is torturous and embarrassing, walking around in 80 degree weather with a scarf and long sleeves every day. The pictures are so despicable; it leaves everyone with mouths open. I'm enclosing the before and after pic of my arm. BBW is so sorry and offered me a $25 gift card, then a $100 gift card. Really BBW, like I would use anything from your store ever again. I know that this summer is shot for me because now the healing process has me looking like a leopard. In spite of it all, I must say, “Thank God, I did not spray my FACE!!!”

on 1/10/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible. I received this as a gift for Christmas. First off, I can't stand anything heavy that smells like old lady perfume, and this definitely smells like an older lady would wear it. what has happened to Bath & Body Works?? Where are all the light, fruity body splashes that I fell in love with? They are long gone and have been replaced by "fine fragrance mist". If I wanted a high dollar perfume, I'd go to Belk. I give this and pretty much all of BBW recent scents a big thumbs DOWN.

on 9/26/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a huge fan of these types of scents. They are very modern yet classic. I recently found this by accident while in Bath and Body Works and fell in love immediately. I bought a small bottle to try and when I am done I will be buying a huge bottle.

This is a heavier fragrance and not something for summer/spring. Of course you can wear it anytime but I find the deep notes in these types of scents come out better in cold weather. The top notes are pomegranate (which I smell immediately), peach & apples. The middle is red peony, red osmanthus (which comes out on me more than any one scent) & night blooming marigold. The base of this fragrance is so nice and warm with rum-vanilla, marshmallows, and oak. It’s truly intoxicating.

My favorite scents are Frederick’s of Hollywood Signature, Flowerbomb, Cashmere Mist, Gold Sugar, and Twilight Woods. I hope this helps.

on 12/19/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

it does have the the sweetness of apple or another red fruit emm maybe berries but I don't like it all that much , it lacks character , smells of fruit and maybe amber but that is it . I can't smell it after a couple of hours and I never get any compliments wearing it...I bought cashmere glow with it and I really like it though , it is sophisticated and classy ...and it does make me feel warm.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

B&BW has been slacking with their recent releases as they all smell the same to me, floral and one-noted! This is the exception though and their sweet redemption in my eyes was creating this yummy scent:) It's definitely a fall/winter fragrance that reminds me of hot, buttered rum and toasted marshmallows with a hint of ripe raspberries and pear. This is a complex frag but imo all the elements balance one another. Great for people who enjoy gourmand scents that smell good enough to eat! My only gripe is that the lasting power is so-so, it starts out strong and fierce but fades away within a few hours. Will repurchase as I'm almost on empty!

on 10/6/2013 4:18:00 PM

To my nose this is a cross between Escada Magnetism and Nina Ricci's Nina. A lot heavier than Escada and a tad sweeter than Nina. I love both and I really like this.

I can't describe it any better than anyone else already has.

I have two complaints. One, the staying power. I understand that when wearing a scent you, yourself, can't smell it all that well after a few hours. But within an hour my husband couldn't smell it either. It could be the balmy weather, though. Two, the bottle itself. It's really chunky and a bit awkward to spray.

Don't think I'd repurchase. I'd rather spend an extra $20 or so and go with my beloved Nina. But it's a great scent at any rate.

on 9/27/2013 3:42:00 PM

A bit pricy, but definitely the best fragrance B&BW has made. It does a have a higher alcohol smell than the others, but it dissipates after a few minutes. Warm and inviting, and definitely something more mature than my childhood favorite, warm vanilla sugar.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Forever Red's first spray is warm, inviting and boozy marshmallow. Unfortunately, the rest goes downhill from there. Forever Red seems promising. The SA's told me wonderful stories of how this EdT is made, and it sounds wonderful, but has a plastic, shallow tinge to it on me.
Something is missing to make this fragrance a full-bodied, creamy scent ready to deliver on its promises. It's as if it's almost there-like a soup in a crockpot that's been brewing and isn't quite ready yet. The buzzer hasn't gone off, it's ready to sample and the chef says, "No, not yet."
Peach in the top notes is prominent, peony delivers a rose quality in the middle, and the rum brings along the vanilla and marshmallow to round Forever Red to a fragrance for Bath and Body Works that's different for their usual fragrances but not quite up to par for what they're trying to deliver.
The booziness lasts a few hours but dissipates quickly to a close skin scent. Good to wear at the office, at home relaxing or out to dinner.
Top Notes: Pomegranate, Peach, Apple.
Middle Notes: Red Peony, Osmanthus, Marigold.
Base Notes: Rum, Vanilla, Oak, Marshmallow.

Popular Fragrances