October 24, 2014 | 1803 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Vanilla Bliss Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This only comes out over the festive season so I thought I'd grab it being a gourmand lover wanted to try out the body shops vannila bliss body butter and here is my view on it it smells horrid in the pot I have no idea why but it really does on my skin it takes a long time soaking in my skin being a lot thicker then the other body butters I have tried I would say it is very hydrating it left my dry skin very soft and supple to the touch.the smell is pleasant its a musky sort of vannila with a sort of strange waxy scent thankfully that dissapears it smells sometimes like caramal towards the end.overall I like it and would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish they sold this all year round.

This body butter is far denser and more buttery than the other Body Shops butters, and as such is the most moisturising one of the bunch I've tried (coconut, olive, and strawberry). It just leaves your skin wonderfully soft.

The smell... Hmmm... Lovely but not traditional sweet vanilla. It's deeper and richer than that. Maybe akin to vanilla musk?!

Will pick some more up in the sale!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

One of my coworkers said this smells exactly like baby powder. I don't see it-- maybe a little powderiness, but IMO not like baby powder. I showed another coworker and she said there was definitely a smell of talc in there.

I agree with the below reviews saying it smells of vanilla and white chocolate. There is another note that I can't quite place, maybe it's that talc/baby powder that my coworkers were saying.

I'm almost finished up with my little tub of this but I would not buy again, because it wasn't the true vanilla scent I'm looking for. on to the next.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was excited to see Vanilla Bliss and was hopeful that the body shop had created a body butter that would be scented the same as the Vanilla Body Mist in the tall, clear, glass bottle. The mist is a bit different that the traditional Vanilla oil, perfume and lotion and I just adore it.

Unfortunately, I think this smells identical to the Body Shop seasonal Spiced Vanilla, which I don't like.

Far too sweet with some sharp spice notes that don't agree with me. When I used a travel size Spiced Vanilla body butter at the office on my hands, a co-worker asked what smells like baby diapers and cloying lotion (clean diapers, mind you) -- that's what Vanilla Bliss is as well.

I saw the first post on this regarding Vanilla Bliss as being a different formula, but, to me, this is the same old Vanilla Spice and later named Spiced Vanilla, under a new name and with new packaging. I look forward to reading what other folks think.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Feliciatjkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been waiting for a long time to buy this product, and finally bought it. When i tried it at the store, the packaging says this product texture is for all skin types. Its not really heavy like the other variants such as shea and mango, but not as light as the body shop purees. It smells like chocolate milk and of course, vanilla which i really love, sweet but smells nothing like the artificial ones. The packaging? Its more simple than the old packagings, but its prettier. It is small enough to fit in the luggage. Ingredients? Thank god there are no parabens in it, since they have vanilla as a natural additive. But the only thing i dislike is.. Its a little bit pricey. Definitely a good buy, though. Much loooove for the body shop :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Vanilla Bliss! Completely different to the original Vanilla Spice, this is a rich vanilla / white chocolate scent. The body shop has decided to try a new approach and after the last Christmas disasters they brought a completely new scent. It's not strong, quite subtle and could actually work all year long. To some it may smell like caramel as well, but to me it's a soft not gourmand vanilla with hints of white chocolate that will complement a lot of winter scents. Good work this year body shop!