Ulta gel eye liner

I purchased this on a whim one day. I hadn't used a gel liner in years, but thought I'd give it a try after mastering a cat eye with liquid liner. Let me just start by saying my mind was BLOWN! It's very pigmented! A little can go a very long way, so be cautious. It glides on flawlessly, and is so easy to work with. After playing with it for a few days I decided to finally try a winged eyeliner look. It was very easy to do with this liner! I wore it all day with no fading. I actually accidentally fell asleep without removing my makeup. Woke up expecting it to be all over the place, to my complete surprise it was in almost perfect condition!!!! Slightly faded, but no smudges at all! I have found my holy grail liner! Will absolutely repurchase!

on 2/12/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an average eyeliner. While it is very creamy and smooth, it isn't very pigmented or long lasting. I think it may just be the color I got because other people don't seem to have a problem with this. Mine is quite sheer and takes quite a few layers to build up to opacity. Also, especially in the summer because I live in a humid climate, the lasting power isn't very good. About six hours in, this is almost completely gone and I rarely have problems with staying power. When I hear "gel eyeliner" I expect above average staying power, so that was disappointing. I do give it props for being so creamy and smooth, though. For a much better eyeliner that's just a few dollars more expensive try the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen. For something cheaper, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kajals are really nice and much better than these. Or try an actual gel eyeliner like the Essence one, which is amazing. But I don't recommend these.

on 1/28/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I tend to use these kinds of liners as an accent on the lower lash line. I like Nyx Slide on eyeliners a lot, so I didn't want the bright colors I already have, but I was impressed by the range of colors on this line. There wasn't just one green or blue, there were many. I just bought this in Dove Gray, which is a really pretty light taupey blue grey. I also really liked "Penny" which was a taupey copper that was more toned down than Nyxs Bronze. "Plum" was also very pretty and reminded me of Jewel by Nyx. But I chose the Dove Grey to add a silvery smokey look without being a disco ball color or too dark/black. It really compliments eyes nicely and I just love how you can go more natural or bold with the options they have. The only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't stay on the waterline, you have to do it underneath. Most gel liners are like that though, so it's not really news. I think one of the Nyx ones stayed really well on the waterline but usually they don't, so it's expected. I also noticed that it wore off pretty quickly when I wore it longer term but it might be because it's a lighter color, so I put it on the top lid and while it took a lot more swipes to get it on, it still gave a nice minimal look. I also got mine for free so that kind of effects my opinion. I do like these for the color range but since I use it on the waterline more than an upper lid liner, the staying power really should be better.

on 11/19/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in Golden Egg and I love it! It's smooth, creamy, easy to apply, and lasts me all day. It really makes my blue eyes pop! I get so frustrated with a lot of eyeliners because they tug at my eyelid and actually cause me pain. Not this! I've yet to find a more creamy or easy to apply eyeliner. I've really been surprised by most of Ulta's cosmetics. I will absolutely be repurchasing this when I run out and will also probably be procuring more colors!

on 7/19/2014 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using Clinique quickliners and cream shapers for years. For the most part I liked them, enough to keep paying $14, then $15, now $16 apiece for them.
I had a $3.50 off $10 coupon for Ulta, and I had picked up a $9 item, so I decided to try one of these gel pencils (I got the Smoke color) that were on sale for $2.
When I first applied it, I was pleasantly surprised--it went on smooth and creamy; the color was about what I expected--a nice charcoal. No irritation to my eyes at all, and lo and behold, it lasted all day with minimal smudging (I wear contacts and have somewhat watery eyes), and it removes easily with my Clinique take the day off. I used my regular eye pencil sharpener to sharpen it.
I also purchased the indigo and mink. I haven't opened the mink yet, but the indigo is a nice dark blue color.
I've been using them for a couple weeks now, and unless something changes, I will definitely rebuy these and am finished paying $16 for eyeliner! Yippee :-)

on 5/10/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I swatched a bunch of these at Ulta, then went home and cleaned. The swatches were still there after scrubbing the carpet stains and doing laundry and washing my hands a couple times :-) nice!! so I went back to Ulta and bought tons of colors. I love these, they remind me of the L'Oreal HiP chrome pencil eyeliners

on 6/26/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have to disagree with the person above me- I thought these were incredibly creamy for being a stick liner. Saying that, they didn't last the way I thought they would. I live in a humid climate and have oily lids, so that could come into consideration. I like the colors I got though, in "Blackout" & "Mink".. they were 2 for $6 at ULTA, so not a bad deal.

on 11/1/2012 12:35:00 PM

These gel eyeliners are creamier than the traditional eyeliner formulas. That said they are definitely not as creamy, gel like nor do they apply as smoothly as Urban Decay 24/7 or Revlon Grow luscious eye liners. I have the gel eyeliners in mink (dark brown) majesty ( royal purple) and peacock ( teal).