December 21, 2014 | 1233 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaShield Lip Color SPF15 - Within These Adobe Walls (372S)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A beauty bargain lippie that shows up as a soft pinky coral on my NW20 skin tone. Applies like butter but I have noticed that the formula settles into lines on my lips and accentuates dryness after a few hours of wear. Decently moisturising.

The packaging is not great. As other reviewers have mentioned, the lipstick does not retract all the way back into the tube so it is vulnerable to knicks.

I have this in Its a Girl as well which is a brighter shade, similar to this color.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this could have been a dupe for YSL #13 Peachy something lipstick. You know, the really pretty famous one? Shade wise, it kind of is.
I love the color. On me, the color is an opaque, milky coral shade. So long as I wear a peachy blush, it goes well with my NC25 yellow undertones. If I were to wear a hot pink clush, the colors clash a bit.

HOWEVER this lipstick, regardless of how unchapped and moisturized my lips are, settles into the little crevices and lines of my lips. And somehow, after like 10 minutes of wear, I get dry skin patches that are highlighted by the lipstick. Like suddenly there's flaky skin. What once was smooth now has a giant square of apparent lip skin (you know what I'm talking about). I got this at CVS during a 40% off sale, paid about $1.40, so price point is great. Otherwise, I'll only wear this if I'm bored or know that I won't be seeing anyone up close.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Parioftroy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Generally, I haven't had a problem with MegaShield Lip Colors (I have about 5 shades), but this one seems a bit off with regards to consistency. Like a previous reviewer stated, the color seems to concentrate on different areas of my lips as I rub my lips together. The color is also a bit too bright and doesn't quite look good on me. I might try it with a brownish lip liner and see it that will help with the color issue. Overall, not such a bad product for only $1.99. I got it on sale for 40% off at my local Rite Aid, so I can't complain.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by thephoenixqueen

This is a great color but I'm not a big fan. I liked it initially but it started gathering towards the inside of my lips and looking clumpy as the day went on. I would definitely not recommend building up too much color with this since it can definitely get uneven and splotchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was definitely not expecting this lipstick to be as wonderful as if is! I got it solely because I like WnW lipsticks and I liked the idea of the SPF. I picked up this colour because I like light pinks and it isn't shimmery (I don't mind shimmer, but I thought it'd be good to have a lipstick without shimmer). I was expecting this to be more like a balm when I put it on, but I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of pigment. This peachy pink is a wonderful colour on me and I've had it look both more pink and more peach, I'd imagine depending on the light and how my lips are doing. I do find that it sinks into lines/around any dry skin a bit, but it's not that bad for me so I don't mind. It is definitely not drying, which I love! I like how long the tube is, but it's otherwise unremarkable. Overall, this was a pleasant surprise! Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

This is one of my favorite lip colors right now. I definitely reach for it more often than any other. It's a lovely warm pink shade and I just love the look of it on my skin. I have sort of a neutral light skin tone. Think fairly light neutral in EDM, I used to be MAC NW20, but that's when I'm using constant spf so it's a bit darker now.

The color payoff is pretty awesome, one of the other reviewers called it sheer, but it's pretty pigmented to me. My lips are a berry shade naturallly, so this a a very different color, but it doesn't look strange. Sometime lighter pink colors can look very strange on me, but while this is a lighter pink color, it's actually looks good on me :) It makes my lips look nice and smooth.

It also wears well, while it doesn't last all day, it wears evenly so I can leave it alone and forget about it until I'm ready to reapply. I just picked up NYC butter gloss in maple blondie and it looks great layered over this.

A con for me is the tube, like most WnW tubes, it's got issues, I rarely carry it around since the top doesn't like to stay on. Thankfully it hasn't broken though like my other WnW Megashield lipstick top has.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

I'm very very surprised by this lipstick. I bought it at a local drugstore when I left my makeup bag at home and I have been wearing it every day for 2 weeks. It reminds me a lot of a Chanel lipstick I used to have. I didn't wear this product alone, I don't know many lipstick that works well completely on their own. I usually scrub my lips and use lip serum or vasoline on my lips at night, so there won't be any patches when I wear lipstick. I wear a little bit of chapstick under the lipstick and it'd go on smoothly.
I absolutely love this shade. It's a nice light peach/coral that compliments my warm skintone very well. I used to be obsessed with Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon, but because it has a thicker/opaque consistency, it can highlight imperfections on my lips.
This lipstick goes on sheer, and more opaque if you layer.
What I like most about this lipstick is that I usually don't have to worry about it wearing off and looking scary on my lips. I usually use a dab of lip gloss over and I wouldn't even touch up for the rest of the day. It doesn't sink in the lines of your lips(as long as you prep your lips) and it doesn't dry in patches. For me, it always just wears off without anyone even noticing. I am definitely going back to buy a couple more to stash in my bags and I'm definitely going to buy them for my friends too. The shade is so wearable, it just gives your lips a tint. It looks very natural. I even wore it with smokey eyes on nights out. If you're looking for a sheer summer lipstick, I highly recommend this one. It also has spf15, which is really a cherry on top of the sundae.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wrote a glowing review of "It's Berry Beautiful" from this same Megashield line, but the formula of this shade seems a bit different and the way it wears is not nearly as good. this shade goes on fairly light and uneven, so I needed to swipe it a few times. Immediately the color started to gather in my lip creases, and when I rub my lips together, to color gunks-up in some areas and thins out in others. Perhaps this is because this shade doesn't contain any glitter, which ironically is the reason I was so excited about this lipstick to begin with. Because of the consistency problem, I blotted the lipstick down to a light layer, but that also stripped off the moisturizing qualities of the lipstick.

Another reason this lipstick is getting a lowish rating from me is the actual color. I heard from a few Youtubers that this was a great "your lips, but better" color, but that isn't the case on me. It's a pale peach color. My skintone in NC20 and my natural lips are a rose color darker than this lipstick. Once I'd blotted most of the lipstick off, I found the color to be wearable, but NOT natural looking.

Bottom line: I'm not sure it's worth keeping a lipstick that's only wearable if you apply it and then take most of it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by amandatumpach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First let me mention this is my first impression of this product and my thoughts may change but I will update if they do.

I was so excited to try this out after hearing YouTube guru Shaaanxo mention this color in a video of favorite Wet 'n' Wild lip colors. I absolutely love the Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast lip colors so figured this would work just fine The color is sheer but buildable pale baby pink in a typical lipstick tube. Right after purchasing this I went to the mirror, popped it on and liked the color so I thought it was safe to run out and do errands for about an hour. NO BUENO! Within that hour to hour and a half I was out this lip color completely faded not only did it faded but it decided to leave a nasty white film around the inner part of my lips. I knew when purchasing this was not going to be the same as the MegaLast as they are intended to target different things but I had no idea the quality would be so different. I really believed the white film is from the SPF in this product but I cannot say 100% for sure. This might work for someone with dry lips which I normally have but the one time I tried this I had previously scrubbed my lips and moisturized them. Sadly I don't think this product will be something I will be reaching for or repurchasing (even in different colors/shades). There was about 2 other colors I wanted from this line and I believe I really dodged a bullet and didn't waste my money. Now if you are someone who this product happens to work for that is wonderful I wish I could say the same. Also for those whom this works for if you are thinking of buying this color and are iffy GO FOR IT. The color is pretty and I have no complaints there.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by playmate420

i currently own three of these, i find them very inexpensive and wanted to try them out.
they are very moisturizing
you can build up color although they are pigmented
they do not have much of a smell
creamy and quick to apply

overall: like them lots