October 30, 2014 | 1637 users online

Lips - Yes To Carrots - Color Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like it. Moisturizing and subtle tint to the lips. Not very long-lasting, but much more pleasant than EOS (due to the color).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by complete

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in rosy bloom and soft plum. The texture is nice and I like the concept, but neither of these colors work for me. They are kind of odd and look nothing like what the tube suggests.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product brags about being 100% natural and containing vitamin E, so, naturally, I was interested in this product. I has a nice packaging and a great rosy bloom color. The product applies smoothly and doesn't feel very heavy or greasy. I was, personally, disappointed that this product dried my lips out over time. Burt's Bees tinted lip balm is much better on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

Totally love it!!! I bought the shades of rosy bloom and match perfectly with my lip color. It has vitamin E so it very moisturizes my lips from dryness. It didn't give any sticky feeling like another lip balm, I feel this lip balm absorbing to your lips nicely, so yeah, I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not really anything to rave about.
I got this from a discount bin at Priceline, as I wanted something for winter chapped lips with some colour instead of all out lipstick.
I got the colour Peachy Keen, which is like a muddied peach nudish colour. Sort of shows up on my lips, doesn't sink into the lines which I appreciate, but definately doesn't moisturise.

Ok if you want a balmy 'feel' and some tint, but nothing that any other tinted balm can't do, if not better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by julie252

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Peachy Keen color and I really like it. It has been my go-to nudey every day lip color. It has just the right amount of pigmentation for a natural everyday look. I have tried others such as Burts Bees or Fresh Sugar, but this continues to be my favorite. Burt's peach color was just OK and Sugar's was so pigmented it was more like lipstick. Not necessarily bad, but not what I was looking for. This is the best of both worlds. The only downside is that I'm having a hard time finding it in stores I frequent. Other than that - thumbs up!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by illbefloating

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Say no! I have this in rosy bloom. What little color it has is funky looking on - sort of drab and weird. I can't describe it. And it feels worse - thick and pasty when it goes on, drying as it wears. I have nothing good to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by toastedlembas

This is for the Yes to Carrots Color Balm, NOT the C Me Smile Lip Tint (that's the minty one similar to Burt's Bees lip shimmers, d/c). I'm surprised this hasn't been reviewed yet!

There are three colors of this: Soft Plum, Rosy Bloom, and Peachy Keen. I own the first two, haven't grabbed Peachy Keen. The tubes are slightly longer than a regular lip balm tube, but a similar width, and the packaging gives a good idea of the kind of tint you'll be getting from the balm (although to me Rosy Bloom isn't quite as light as the packaging would have you think). They're a little pricey, coming in around $6, but there aren't many comparable natural tinted lip balms around, so I'm cool with it.

This is a simple tinted lip balm from a mostly natural line that's available in drugstores, which I appreciate. Burt's Bees does not have a similar product; I would say their tinted lip balms are more pigmented than these. The YTC color balms give a nice wash of color without being overpowering, perfect for mirrorless applications. Rosy Bloom is a great color that I can wear all year, just giving me the bit of extra pigment that my pale lips need so I don't look washed out. Soft Plum is a bit darker and slightly cooler-toned to me; I don't love it as unconditionally as Rosy Bloom, but it's good for fall and winter.

They feel good going on initially, but dry fairly quickly and generally aren't super moisturizing, so you might want to put a layer of something else on first. That applies more to Soft Plum than Rosy Bloom; I don't feel the need for a second balm as much with that one. I'm not sure how long the color lasts; you'll probably have a slight tint for a few hours if you aren't eating and drinking.

I'm a little worried that they're discontinuing these, as I grabbed Rosy Bloom on clearance at Target last week, but they're still full price on the Yes to Carrots website, so I'm hopeful that it was just that particular Target deciding not to carry them anymore. Buy them if you can find them, especially on clearance!