January 31, 2015 | 2043 users online

Liquid - Urban Decay - Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2015 9:44:00 AM More reviews by KeliQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation so much! I use the lightest shade and it's gives me the perfect pale look that I like. :D
The only downside to this is that it is SUPER thin and runny....I usually always mix it with a concealer and apply it by patting my hands on my face...making sure to settle it in well. I find that the makeup sponges or the brush I bought with this makeup, kindof smears it around on my face...and leaves it a little uneven. I want to get the matching pressed powder to touch up the shinies when I get them throughout the day. I find that it lasts pretty much all day during my 12 hour work days. Despite it being thin , I do however like that it doesnt feel heavy and cakey throughout the day. I just have tested Kat Von D Lockit Foundation for this past month...and boy how do I miss my Naked!!! This is totally my staple foundation as of right now. I feel like it really compliments my skin....I'm 42 with light lines and larger pores. This doesnt settle into those at all .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2015 1:58:00 AM More reviews by StinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in the shade 5.0. Initially there were some days that I felt this was a shade too light, but I can rectify this with a good powder. And then there were other that I felt this didn't hold up well against my oily t-zone. Because of these reasons I kept this in the back with my other not so every day foundations.

But recently, I have been wearing this for days in a row and I have been loving it. It stays all day on my face ( tho to note: I do set my t-zone but don't feel the need to blot till about 6-7 hours later when I'm less dewy and more like an oil slick) and it looks great on my skin.

Now, I don't normally have "breakouts," but I do get the occasional visitor on my chin or forehead. But even so, I don't have any acne scarring or massive mountains and valleys to fill on my face. I don't think that this foundation is meant for anyone who has a massive amount of problematic areas to try to cover and conceal. I find that this foundations consistency and coverage are better suited to those of us that generally have a Minimal amount of evening to do.

Since the coverage is so light, when I want to wear a dark or bold lip and I need the boost in coverage: I mix in a small amount of concealer. My favorite concealer to mix with this MAC's Prolongwear Concealer. A pump is the perfect amount and the bonus is that it boosts the longevity by billions of hours (exaggerating, but you get me! *make sure you wash your face before bed!*).

I always apply with a Beauty Blender (with or without the addition of concealer). I pump my desired amount on my glass palette and then pick up with my finger to smear on my face. I make sure to apply to the areas I want the coverage, then pounce to blend. I think this foundation applies beautifully with or without primer. But if she when primers makes an appearance in my routine, I prefer lotion-like primers. Siliconey primers make the foundation feel and look thicker in the skin. My favorite pairing the Urban Decay Skin foundation with MAC's Prep&Prime Natural Radian Skin Base Visage.

All in all, I grew to love this foundation when I stopped comparing it to thicker foundations and more like the cross between foundation and a BB cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2015 1:07:00 AM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have dehydrated-normal skin. I have only tried samples of the product but would estimate I have worn about 4 full faces.

I first tried UD Naked Skin last summer but I was between shades at the time with 4.0 being just a bit too light. My skin in the summer is less dehydrated, and when I applied it with a damp beautyblender it gave a dewy finish which settled down to look skinlike in about a half hour.

With my skin lighter in the winter, and having received another sample of UD Naked 4.0 as an extra in an exchange, I gave it another shot. This time it was a better match as far as depth but the undertones are not quite right (I'm quite olive and this is more yellow). However even with copious amounts of moisturizer underneath and applied with a damp beautyblender, it still emphasized flakes and dryness on my skin.

Overall, I'm not sure UD Naked Skin plays well with dehydrated skin or would work for extremely dry skin types. However, for normal skin types looking for a natural finish it may be worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2015 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Psychoscruff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this foundation is HG status for me. The coverage is light to medium, so it's perfect when my skin is behaving. When it isn't I apply my MAC mineralize skinfinish more liberally and the pair is unstoppable. Such an amazing combination! With other setting powders the stay power isn't fantastic but I can't complain since I've paired it with MAC.
I definitely prefer it applied with a beauty blender for a faultless application. The packaging is sleek, as well as sanitary and I love being able to see how much product is left. I wish the shade range was larger, so I took off one lippie for that and the stay power. I'm a foundation hoarder so I can't say I'll never buy another, but this is my go to for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2015 9:54:00 AM More reviews by qatiffany

This product was recommended to me by a friend. I was looking for a light weight that didn't feel too cakey or thick on my face like most liquid foundations. The foundation was a nice surprise as it goes on light to powdery finish in liquid form. When removing the foundation at the end of the day, I found the process to be much easier than with other liquid formulations. The only critiques I have is that colour selection is limited and at times when applying, it can look dry. I'm in between 3.5 to 4.0. I ended up with the 4.0 so that I can wear the foundation throughout summer as well as winter. Even with the 4.0 it is slightly too yellow for my skin town. As for the second critique I found at times, around my mouth and eyes, the foundation would appear more visible and powdery. Everywhere else blended beautifully. I may need to use a primer with this foundation around those areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2015 12:58:00 PM More reviews by slyact

This is perhaps one of the best foundations I have ever used. The color, consistency, longevity and coverage are amazing. Since this foundation is great at mattifying, I would recommend this for normal-oily skin. I have found that that this foundation could emphasize dry patches. Since I have combo skin that can get oily during the day, this foundation worked well for me at first. I was in love with the foundation color. My boyfriend have commented on my make up telling me that I look luminous and glowing. My skin is usually break-out free. I have large pores/scars from previous break outs from trying other products, but for the most part for the better part of over a year have had absolutely clear skin, as I have stuck to a careful routine. However, after 2 weeks of trying this out (during which I was absolutely happy with this foundation), I broke out horribly. Every morning after wearing this foundation, I would wake up to about 10 new growing pimples. It was absolutely devastating. Though it is by far one of the most beautiful foundations, I cannot wear this product simply to cover up the mess that it is creating for my skin.

Foundation reference color:
NC25-- 3.0
NC30-- 4.0 Leans Olive

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 7:29:00 AM More reviews by BrigBee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product as the girl at the counter assured it would help control oilyness and due to it being water based would prevent breakouts. She swore by it and assured me I would love it.

The foundation itself is lightweight and easy to apply however it seems to highlight pores and does no good for my combination skin. My skin can be a little flaky in some areas and whilst other foundations can cover them, this dries out the skin and enhances the flakyness.

It also does not last the whole day. I will use it up as I can work with it for now but I would not repurchase this product as it is definitely not worth the price. There are far better drug store foundations than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 6:00:00 PM More reviews by kathcarterharrogate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is now my go to foundation. It really feels like you have no makeup on. My skin feels silky smooth and fresh. 1.0 gives a perfect colour match for my pale skin. Light coverage, again perfect for my needs. I use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply, which gives a flawless finish. Have been using for 6 months now and will definitely buy again. Lasts for 8-10 hours with powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2015 5:05:00 PM More reviews by xPoohBearx

Not the best foundation out there to use. It's really hard to find my right skin color so I went for the 3.0 (the one recommended for asian skin). It is a little bit light for my skin but nothing too bad. It does have a white cast if you try to take a photo with flash on. I don't use this all the time for my face because it can get really cakey if you try to layer it for extra coverage. If you want to get rid of the cakey look, you can try to use the urban decay all nighter spray (it gives a dewy effect). The pump is really convenient to use because you can pump out as much as you want or as little as you want. It is very pricey and I'm sure that there's much better high end makeup foundation that is better. The product does transfer and smudge if you accidentally hit it against something (for example, if you're laying your face on your boyfriend's shoulder, the product will end up on his shirt). It's also tends to stick on to dry areas and make it look even worse. I do use it everyday for cleaning up my eyebrows and it's perfect for that job. Overall, I like it for my eyebrows but I wouldn't use it daily on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a very light, natural looking foundation. The formula is a thin liquid and comes in a convenient pump. It is easy to spread and blend. If you need a lot of coverage, you might not like this foundation.

If you want a little coverage, this is perfect. It made my skin look smoother and covered up the redness. It didn't settle into pores or creases. It lasts well, but if you have really oily skin, I recommend setting it with a powder. Without a powder, the finish of the foundation looks like natural skin. I'm into the natural look at the moment, so I really liked it :)