October 21, 2014 | 2050 users online

Hair Styling Tools - T3 - Featherweight

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by 98vera

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not waste your money on this shoddy product. After paying $200 for a hair dryer, I expected it to work for many years - after only 2 and 1/2 years it broke and to add insult to injury the warranty is for only 2 years from purchase date. This dryer is no better than my conair dryer which is 10 years old and still works. Customer service will not do anything for you - all I received is a form letter informing me I am out of warranty. Don't buy this inferior product - there are much better and cheaper dryers around.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT: I've needed to edit this review for a few months now. I hate this dryer. Dry time takes FOREVER, it looks "cheap", and it's not light enough to be called "Featherweight", especially when needing to hold it for so long. It does make a small difference in the end result for my hair, but I so rarely use it mostly due to the dry time, it's been a virtual waste.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
THE SHORT: Doubtful repurchase...I'm too interested in what other high end dryers will do for me. This is my first high end dryer and the results are good (much better than my "expensive" drug store dryers), but I was hoping for something more, honestly. A few hours after I've used the featherweight, my hair settles down and becomes more healthy looking, but I was hoping this T3 would do better at helping to control the freakout that my hair seems to go through with dryers (poofy, frizzy). Dry time, noise and weight of the dryer are all roughly equivalent to about a $60ish dollar drug store “ion”/”tourmaline” dryer. I do have to add, that for a $200 dryer, I think T3 cheaped out on the aesthetics of the dryer...nice looking, but it just doesn't look as expensive as it is. Ladies with dry/damaged/poofy/frizzy hair, this won't replace your flat iron.

MY HAIR: Damaged, bleached, colored, bleached, colored, BSL (and growing), poofy and frizzy tight waves. Fine/dense etc etc.

THE POSITIVES: The blowout I get from this is decent: frizz and poof are substantially reduced.

THE NEGATIVES: Price, obviously, at $200, this is an investment. It doesn't dry my hair any faster, the weight and noise are about average as well.

EXTRAS:
-Do use the nozzle.
-Do learn how to use a round brush for a blowout (youtube).
-Do buy from a store with a good return policy. continued >>