October 24, 2014 | 1742 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Le Grand Kohl Perfectly Soft Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by NeverFull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this kohl pencil. I use it to line my waterline or for smokey eyes and it works brilliantly for both purposes. Please don't waste money on LancĂ´me kohls- the L'oreal one is exactly the same thing only much, much cheaper. I have very sensitive eyes and I also wear contacts. But even then, I haven't had any negative reaction to this kohl pencil like I have to some other drugstore brands. I like wearing a "kajal" on my eyes, and this is my favourite one. There's always one of these on my bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by shallet

This is the ONLY eye liner I have used for the past 15 years. I keep trying new liners about once or twice a year and go back to this one every time. It stays on, doesn't smear or bleed, its great. The only bad thing is L'oreal quit making it so I have to go hunting to find it now....and on ebay people want about $15 for each one. Its ridiculous, I wish they would start making it again. So this is a great price for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by wvbeetlebug

I got this liner "free" with the purchase of a mascara. This eyeliner did not work out for me. It had minimal staying power which is to say that it smudged under my lash line before noon.

It would be okay for maybe a smokey eye but not good for a really define long wearing eye. HTH!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by HappyHooker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic pencil for drugstore. Comparable to MAC kohls in consistency IMO but not in color payoff. They're not quite as pigmented so I do use my black one often since I'm out of and waiting on Smolder but my brown not quite as often since I do have some of my Teddy pencil left over. They get an "A" for accessibility since I have to order MAC online or get to a mall that's at least a 25 minute drive.

**Update** In black, I like this pencil way more than MAC Smolder. It stays put and lasts WAY better but I do darken it up with Carbon (w/Smolder I just try to increase the staying power with Carbon). In brown I prefer my MAC Teddy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying out the liquid pencil from L'Oreal (too messy) I gave this a shot. It isn't the softest pencil I've ever used, but it isn't hard to apply or rough on my eyes. I wish the brown went on a little darker (I suppose if the pencil were creamier the color would be more buildable) but overall I'm happy with it.

EDIT: Colorstay far outlasts this on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by CopperNails

Pros: Cheap, lasts a long time
Cons: Minor smudging, not good for usage on waterline
I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner and have been using it for the past 2 years. I apply it every 1 to 2 days on my lash line and lasts for ages, although I do find that with a fresh application it will smudge the tiniest bit under the bottom lash line. I don't particularly mind this as it makes my brown eyes seem deeper and actually looks quite good, but for those who require perfection it can be easily fixed with a little bit of water and a tissue. I assume to stop the smudging occurring in the first place a little swap of eyelid primer would be adequate. As it it is a soft kohl it glides on easily but it is not recommended for the the waterline as it wears off quickly. Considering the price it is quite good as a little goes a long way!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kallalily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color of this product was quite interesting (I bought Black Sable btw) because it would go on as a matte black and then fade to a smudgy coffee color, which I rather liked but I'm not sure if everyone would....so it was pretty nice smudged on the lashline. It is in fact "Perfectly Soft" as it promises, which is a yay, BUT the reason why I gave this product a 3 is because of its lasting power, which is next to nothing! Forget about it on your waterline---I mean it glides on like a dream but stays like a nightmare--meaning it's vanished in about five minutes. Even on your lashline you end up in two hours having panda eyes, this liner requires CONSTANT reapplication, which is admittedly effortless but still, and you ALWAYS NEED Q TIPS which should not be necessary!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by malini2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This will sound weird, but I've used Le Grande Kohl in Raisin for years as a lipliner. The deep purple works very well with my skin tone (NC42) and it has phenomenal staying power. I use it almost every day -- my SOP is to line the lips, smudge inwards so the color is more distributed and there's no visible "line," and then top with lip gloss or plain old Aquaphor. I've found that it works as a good base for many different shades lipsticks and glosses.

I haven't had to repurchase it for a while, but I'm bummed to see the posts saying it's been discontinued. Boo.

Note that I've never used this as an eyeliner, nor would it be advisable to ever use the same pencil on your eyes and lips due to the infection potential and general yuck factor...seems obvious enough, but a quick PSA just in case...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

Ew. This pencil was not soft at all. I was expecting it to be soft like the MAC kohl liners. It was hard to use and the color wasn't dark enough brown for me either. I was highly disappointed in this and returned it immediately. After reading reviews, I thought I had found a cheaper alternative to the MAC kohls, but I sadly did not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally use liquid or gel liners. I did like this though. Not as dramatic but great for a smokey eye. Pencil is just right, not too hard but not creamy. edited 5 to 1 stars: about 3 hours into wear started fading badly so I reapplied and it faded again in 2 hours...no good if it's not there