July 30, 2014 | 1995 users online

Moisturizers - Amore Pacific - Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this deluxe sample from Sephora - about 10 uses. Testing during winter days, day and night. Did not apply any makeup over the product.

absorption - fast for a cream, but not super quick - a few massages to the face and a few seconds to completely sink in.
scent - very heavy perfume scent, so this may not be good for those with a sensitive nose
texture - very light "whipped" cream, almost gel-like. Not thick & dense like other creams.
application - a small amount spreads quite well over my face.
packaging - in a tub/jar, so you will have to use your fingers to dip in for contents.

effects to face - Unfortunately, no major improvements to the face, besides keeping it moisturized. Hydrating, but left my face feeling slightly oily after five hours on one of the days I tested. My little wrinkles I'm trying to keep at bay, are still there. For $150...I really expected an a-ha moment after a few uses or an "omfg this is amazing" reaction. With some Sulwhasoo and Shu Uemura skincare products, my heart did cartwheels after using their products. I still have some product left so I will continue to test it this week and perhaps update with any changes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by aimela

Applied it over the serum at night. It did feel a bit heavy and a tad greasy, but hey shouldn't night cream be? It does have a strong, like grandmother's floral scent, but it dissipates pretty quickly. My skin looked hydrated and smooth in the morning. I'm a happy camper. But it did feel too heavy for daytime, though. Not sure if it would work under makeup. And since it does not have sunscreen, better to be used at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lisita55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

An amazing product, love it - especially the smell. It makes me feel nostalgic, romantic and positively lightheaded... The feeling is good, too - it hydrates the skin well, never greasy, absorbs quickly. Very elegant packaging, though, it's hardly relevant to the quality of the cream itself.
Once again, feels and smells like luxury, a little but (ok, it's a pretty big but) - costs like like luxury, too. Will hardly repurchase, prohibitively expensive. But if someone could recommend me a perfume with this smell, would be immensely grateful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by yumyum915

I was fortunate to receive a deluxe sample of this by my facialist. I have to say that it's a pretty good moisturizer although I'm not crazy about the laundry detergent scent. After applying it, my face feels hydrated. However, I definitely don't think it's worth the price, and would not purchase it. There are much better quality moisturizers out there for this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an incredible product. I rarely tried something where I could see an almost immediate effect. My skin feels so great with this cream, no more dryness or flakes, skin is smooth and feels healthy. I also love the smell (but can be a bit strong if you don't like it).

Only drawback, as other mentioned, is the price. I will probably buy again though, since so far I have not tried anything like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Serenigem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. About 2+ years ago, my cheeks did a 180 and it went from normal skin to super extremely dry skin. I suffered about a month of so trying to find products that would help moisturizes it and nothing works. I don't know how many products I tried. Over 15? One day, I got a sample of this, and let me tell you: it changed my skin overnight. My skin stopped being itchy and by the 4th day, it completely healed. No more flaky, dry skin. My cheeks felt so smooth. I then ran out and bought this product. I was definitely shocked by the price. $150 at Sephora. OMG. BUT bc of what I went through, I suck it up and bought it. While using it, I got so many compliments about how my cheeks look. Even without makeup, people were saying how it was glowing. (nothing about my t zone. lol). the product doesn't last long for me. maybe 3 months? it is only 1.7 oz for $150. I had to find an alternative because I cannot afford to be using this product every 3 months. If I ever felt like splurging, I would splurge on this. Love it. It does have a fragrance smell to it but I love the smell. I normally stay away from products with fragrance for it will break me out but this one did not at all. I love the smell. I can smell like all day long. It's like perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ok, to get this out of the way first: this product smells. It reminds me of...slightly off champagne. The entire line has this smell, so you cannot avoid it. It's not unpleasant, but it can be a bit strong.

That being said it's very moisturizing even though the texture of the cream is light. Using it morning and night was too rich, so I only used it at night. In the morning my skin would still be hydrated and feel smooth. I was using it in conjunction with the Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum, and the deep lines on my neck would seem less pronounced in the morning and over the course of a month they were visibly diminished. Nothing I've used has really had a similar effect. However I have a suspicion it's mainly the serum's doing. I never used the serum without this moisturizer, but I've used the moisturizer without the serum, but both really consistently over the course of two months.

Then I stopped when I ran out and the lines returned, so I had to repurchase. But now the smell is too much for me.

I'm torn. I love the results, but they are not lasting without continued use. The product is also very expensive, and because I am using it on my neck and décolleté I go through it fast. And the smell.
Sample before you purchase!