Ulta Double Duty Primer & Foundation

on 8/20/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is incredibly thick. Thicker than tarte Amazonian clay or rimmel stay matte. The coverage is pretty good though, and I find that it applies best with your fingers or a damp beauty blender. It will get caked up in the bristles if you use a brush. It works well with oily skin, but I still need a setting spray, and a little powder throughout the day for it to last past 8 hours.

on 10/29/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a surprisingly excellent full-coverage, oil-free foundation. It has the thickest consistency of any foundation I've ever used--more of a paste than a cream. I squeeze some out into the crease of my palm and close my hand in an attempt to distribute the makeup more thinly (it's so thick that this doesn't do much), then dab my Sephora #55 brush into it and brush it over my face. A small amount covers extremely well. I buff the foundation to keep it from looking pasty, and it lasts all day on my very oily skin. It has a matte finish.

Shade guidance: Nude Beige is a perfect match for my skin, and I also wear NW20 in Mac SFF, 120 in MUFE HD, and 103 (True Ivory) in Rimmel Lasting Finish.

Price: the official price is $12, but Ulta has sales on its own makeup line very often. I got mine for $5.