August 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Nourishing Lotion-unscented

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I wish this had a better scent!! It's too weird smelling & at the full price (to repurchase) I should love it, so I'm going to pass on this one. The rest of Burt's Bees things ESP Baby Bee smell amazing!! I got this on clearance at walgreens but I've seen it at Kroger too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lotion because it was natural, and I like a few Burt's Bees products. This lotion is not one of them. It smells horrid. At first, I didn't mind the smell. I started off using this a hand lotion and although the scent is not pleasant, it didn't bother me, either. But I found that the more I used it, the more I disliked it. I rubbed my whole body down with this after a shower one day, and I smelled like it for hours. My husband caught a whiff of me as I walked by and asked me what I was wearing that stunk. It's never a good thing when other people can smell you, and they also think that you stink.

As for the lotion aspect of it, it's not so great for hand lotion. It moisturizes going on, but when it absorbs, it makes my hands feel dirty and dry, as if they are covered in a fine powder, or dust. It absorbed pretty quickly on my hands. When I used it all over my body, it felt very greasy and did not absorb quickly. I woke up the next day still feeling sticky. Yuck.

I think I will stick to my JASON hemp lotion for a body lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had Baby Bee Nourishing Lotion for about a week now, and use it on a daily basis (usually 2-3 applications per day). My tattoo artist recommended my making the switch to Burt's Bees for aftercare, so I picked up Hand Salve for the initial care and Burt's Bees to provide extra moisture. I have sensitive skin, and this is one of the few lotions that provides moisture without any side effects. After I shave my legs, they are constantly itchy/flaky (very sensitive and dry skin!) I decided to give this a try to see if it could work for me, and was really impressed with how well it did! It provides intense moisture that my skin absorbs within minutes. Seriously! I'll slather a thick, creamy layer of this stuff on my skin, and am always impressed with how easily it absorbs into my skin. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by jewlz_4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this lotion for my face. I am acne-prone and surprisingly this does not break me out at all. It does not prevent pimples but it does not cause them either. I love that it is non-greasy and leaves a matte finish. It has a nice, creamy texture. While I don't think it smells bad, it's not my first choice of fragrances, but because of how well it works, the smell has grown on me and I now enjoy it. I also really like that it has lactic and citric acid in it, so there is a bit of an exfoliation factor, which is great for me since my skin is so clog-prone... it helps keep it smoother and less bumpy. If you go on the Burt's Bees website, this lotion has horrible reviews which I really do not understand. I think it's great! It is a tad on the pricey side but a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

It has the general smell for burt's bees baby product. The smell just doesn't go away!

Lotion works well with my eczema skin. Great. So I've used a few tubes and now have switched to the lavender scented one. Smells way better and does not have that strong smell that unscented has.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lindam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

For an unscented product this had a nasty chemical smell. The texture is good but I can't get past the reek.
Going back to Whole Foods.