April 16, 2014 | 1017 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Dramatic Encounter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This looks a bit like something you would wear to the Monster Mash, surprisingly it is actually a very wearable Fall/Winter shade. Reminds me of a 90's grunge era lip color. It's vampy eggplant/ burgundy goodness. It's the perfect balance as Tinkerbelle mentioned.You can really take it over the top if you layer it on, or sheer it down, it looks great either way. Make sure you exfoliate your lips first, MAC's Night Moth liner would be fab w/this too. It's silky and applies well.
Has a somewhat glossy finish. I did not notice a drying effect.
There is a subtle silver micro shimmer that is quite understated. This is great, glad I snagged two of them. I want to gift one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I have been looking for a vampy fall/winter colour that isn't too purple or red or brown but a synthesis of all three. Dramatic Encounter is a deep eggplant shade, no red or berry tones, just deep rich cool eggplant. I always found Cyber a bit too brown on me, so I find this colour to be more flattering. It did accentuate some of the lines in my lips so I would definitely take care to moisturize/exfoliate prior to applying this one. Slightly bummed that the Glamour Daze packaging is just a shinier black than the regular lipsticks, but this is a nice colour to have. If you can't get it in time, I recommend Vamp It Up by Wet 'N Wild.