October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Fragrances - Marchesa Parfum D'Extase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kitterella

An elegant, raw floral-and-foliage type scent with a powdery linear dry down, which could be likened to expensive soap. On me it is light and unintrusive and lasts for up to 5 or 6 hours, maybe more depending on how much you might accidentally have applied on yourself (I have the rollerball; fickle things they are.)

I love it. My boyfriend wholeheartedly approves of it. Given that we're both low-key kind of people I can see why not everyone would find the scent signature of Parfum D'Extase quite agreeable. It does not smell like the roses or licorice or the various permutations of fruity fragrances that younger women tend to favor these days... only I am one of those younger women. And you can find fragrances of the aforementioned categories in nearly every other perfume bottle you try on these days. Having sniffed through almost every fragrance you can find on the shelves of Sephora and Ulta, stumbling upon Parfum D'Extase was like a breath of fresh air. It felt clean and pure, yet mature and elegant. You don't even have to be older to wear this scent. I imagine the lady who wears this to be a poised, no-frills kind of individual. Which, amongst all the other loud and colorful attention-grabbing scents vying for attention, is a force of its own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really surprised by this perfume. I usually do not tend to smell floral perfume but this one is nice! I got some compliments using it and I was suprised because the staying power is great too! I will not purchase because I agree that it smells like a really expensive soap, but it's a nice one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It smells like a very expensive bar of Lever 2000. But to me, that's not a bad thing. Very clean soap. It surprised me because I felt with a name like D'Extase it would be more intense or spicy or.....anything besides this clean floral perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by LyssaMonet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This fragrance is refreshing and I get compliments every time I wear it. For ME, it goes on with a different fragrance that at first I didn't like. I sampled Marchesa and while walking around the mall several people asked me what I was wearing because it smelled so light and refreshing.. I bought the Christmas 2013 Gift Set from Sephora and while I do like the fragrance, I believe it is WAY overpriced (but then again aren't all fragrances overpriced lately?)! Yes, the packaging is lovely, I'm just not impressed by packaging, for me I'd rather have a lower price and less fussing with the packaging that gets thrown away anyway!
I stated I would buy again, let me specify that I would buy the lotion by itself along with the "rollerball" purse size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, I wasn't too taken to try the Marchesa line of perfumes. In fashion, the clothing is top of the line couture. But otherwise, I tried the scent in passing and didn't think twice. However, I recently was forced to choose among free samples with my Sephora order.

When giving it some time to absorb into the skin, the Marchesa perfume actually smells pretty alluring. I would dare to say that I am enjoying this sample a lot more than I anticipated. The smell is not the piercing floral, rather more of an fresh laundry and masculine perfume. It smells, in a way, similar to Giorgio Armani Code. That is one of my favorite perfumes ON MEN.

Overall, I do recommend this perfume for the women that likes a more masculine swaying perfume. It is strong and sexy, but in a different way than persay Jimmy Choo. I will not purchase a full size since I am trying to use the perfumes that I own. And this is not my type of signature scent. Geared toward women in say 40s.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous review. On me it smells like jasmine soap. Not my cup of tea and not worth the investment. Glad I only have this as a sample. I will not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not understating it when I say this simply didn't work on me. Smelled overwhelmingly soapy with a number of distinctively unpleasant notes. One in particular smelled like dust to me - you know the scent when you empty the vacuum? That grainy, dusty, almost burnt dirt smell? Another note smelled like musk and rotting fruit. I don't know what the heck the notes were MEANT to be in this perfume, but they sure didn't work with my skin's pH!

I love Marchesa as a fashion house, but their perfume? Not so much.

(09/24/13, 8:45pm) Update: For those of you who LOVE this perfume, you'll be very pleased to know once you've sprayed it on yourself, it stays put! I tried removing this with all manner of lotions, removers and wipes. I finally went upstairs to the bathroom to scrub this off my arms - had to use a firm bristle scrubbing brush & antibacterial soap. My arms are sore but at least the horrible perfume is finally GONE!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

God, I want this !!! I received a sample of this at Sephora and used the whole, little, spray sample in 2 days! I LOVE the way this smells! I can't even describe it- I am much better at describing makeup than fragrances- because I don't know what specific flowers smell like! (Except for roses, of course.) All I know is, Marchesa is a soft floral and it smells better after you give it a chance to dry down... but there is a downside to this. I find that the fragrance only lasts about 4-5 hours on me, and I would like it to stay with me all day because it is so pretty! It kind of reminds me of a fresh, laundry smell... mmmmm. My only dilemma is... do I splurge the $60 and buy a whole bottle if it has such a weak performance? Or should I try and find something that smells similar that has greater staying power? What to do, what to do... but I still rate it with 5 stars (lipsticks) because the scent of Marchesa is still quite lovely IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I smell lots of iris in the beginning. Second notes brings out loads of sweet white jasmine petals all the way to the dry down. Marchesa smells very alluring. So far i like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not getting the complexity or green/earthy tones from this that other reviews have mentioned. Marchesa is intensely soapy and artificial smelling, like a mix of laundry soap and sharp, chemical white florals. It actually smells rather cheap on my skin, and is so strong that it starts to give me a headache after a few minutes. Nothing about it smells really unique or unusual to me.