October 2, 2014 | 1035 users online

Cleansers - Embryolisse - Lait Creme Moussant (Foaming Cleansing Milk)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by rawrlikeakitty

This cleanser is amazing! I was very much surprised by the lack of reviews on MUA, seeing that the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre is pretty much cult status, but whatevs. This cleanser is free of cetearyl/cetyl alcohol and SLS, which is kind of hard to find, so I thought, why not? I needed a new cleanser anyways, and this seemed like a great option.
Upon initial use, I was struck by the scent...it smells SO GOOD, in a very fresh, light, and delicate way. The texture is great, too: very soft, almost whipped. It's such a pleasure to use; I was struck by how it just seemed to glide over my face. I appreciate that it doesn't strip my skin of its essential oils and leaves my face so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't see any mentions of this cleanser on MUA (or the rest of the internet, really) so I thought I'd add it so others can find more information on it.

One of the best discoveries I've made about my skin is that avoiding stripping cleansers really makes a difference. I used to use liquid facial cleansers with acne-fighting ingredients. My face would feel squeaky clean but I would see no improvement. I first tried a cream cleanser during the winter, probably three years ago, from Neutrogena, only because my face was suddenly dry. It was incredible how one product - a cleanser, which sat on my skin for a minute tops! - made my skin softer and a little clearer. Of course, right after I'd repurchased the Neutrogena for the second time, it was discontinued. So began my search for a new cream cleanser.

I first heard of the Embryolisse cleanser from camiloveskiwi on YouTube. I'd heard of Embryolisse, of course, but only for their moisturizer, which had always sounded too heavy for my combination skin. I ordered a tube from Beautyhabit (it's also available on Amazon).

It was fantastic. It was soothing, it rinsed well, it took off most of my eye makeup except for waterproof mascara. It didn't clog my pores. I'm convinced my skin became less red. I repurchased it. It came with a "New formula!" sticker this time. My heart sank.

But I decided to give it a try, and also ordered the Earth Science and Korres cream cleansers, just in case. I still haven't gotten to those two. I'm still using the Embryolisse.

I can definitely tell that the formula is different - it feels slightly more slippery and a little less creamy/more soapy, but it's still fantastic. It may not be moisturizing enough for winter anymore, but I used it all summer and was very happy. If you're looking for a good cream cleanser (which always seem to be difficult to find) - give Embryolisse a shot.