April 17, 2014 | 1428 users online

BB Cream - Sleek - Be Beautiful Blemish Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't quite work for me, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's a fantastic product. I have very oily skin, and the moisturizing properties of this BB cream are just a touch too much for my face to handle. It requires a lot of blotting or a lot of powdering to make it work. So it's just not for me. But here are the things I do like.

I have very pale skin in the winter. So pale that it's impossible to find anything pale enough at a drugstore price. This is the first time that a product is almost too pale, even for me. I purchased Fair, and it is so light I couldn't possibly use this in summer. That's impressive. The shade selection is so great that there has to be something in there to suit you. They also have a mind towards darker skinned beauties, and the shade range goes very dark in both warm and cool shades. I love this.

The packaging is a sturdy squeeze tube. Very hygienic and easy to dispense the right amount of product.

The product itself feels rather thick and creamy, though I'd call the coverage light to medium. I have a lot of pigmentation issues, broken capillaries, and redness that were not easily covered by this product. If you have less of those issues and average to good skin, this would be a nice option for daily wear. It blends out easily and can be built up, though never to medium to full coverage level.

Like I said, it's very moisturizing. Because of this, it provides a dewy and fresh faced finish to the skin. It looks fantastic when I first apply it! Sadly, my skin eats away at it, so it doesn't look nice for long. If you have normal to dry skin, try this. If you have dry skin, definitely try this. If you're a bit oilier, it's not ideal for a full day of wear but you might be able to make it work. If you're really oily (which is me) you might want to skip it.

I still use this on days where all I'm doing is popping out to get some groceries and don't ask much of my foundation. But on a regular day, where I really need a good 6 hours of uninterrupted decent makeup time, this just won't do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow what a fantastic product! I am so glad the wonderful reviews here led me to this. I use the Fair and it's pretty perfect for my NC15 skin tone, though it's a tad cool for my warm undertones. This causes no problems at all for my highly reactive, dry, acne-prone, rosacean skin and it covers my ruddiness beautifully. It even seems to give me a little glow. It doesn't highlight flakes and it doesn't separate or get greasy by the end of the day. I apply it over my moisturizer and my sunscreen and it's perfect. This has even replaced my HG Skin79 BB hot pink label. I LOVE this stuff and can't say enough good things about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by geemalai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

although when i first tired this product it made my skin completely break out and i had several dry patches all over my face, but i was determined to get use out of it so i continued to use it and im so glad i did because i absolutely love this product!
after about a week of using it my skin had completely cleared up and my dry patches had gone.
I find it works really well as a BB cream but also as a primer for my foundation, I found the price to be extremely good seen as a lot of BB creams can be quite expensive and also very disappointing (ive tried the maybelline bb cream and the loreal bb cream and found both to be very shiny and light)

I would defiantly recommend really staying with this product even if it doesn't work the first few times you use it because i am so glad i did as i use it every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by nnab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am totally in love with this product. I first bought the colour light and was disappointed about the colour. But because I love the texture and over all product I kinda used it anyways while I was waiting for the lightest shade - fair. And OMG I love it. I use it everyday. I don't use it when I want a full face makeup look though but in a daily basis this my (only!) go to product.

For me I haven't find anything bad about this product. It lasts me all day, looks natural (since I got the right colour) and my skin looks happy. I usually use it with bodyshops tea tree pore minimizer and too faceds primer but I think the product will do wonders by its own aswell.

and btw, it feels like it's never running out! .. but when it eventually do I will definitely buy another tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mdorese21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first BB cream purchase as there aren't that many shades for darker skintones. So I have nothing to compare this to. I do love it though. I'm NW47 and I use the dark shade and the color match is great. I mainly use this on the weekends but am starting to use it more and more because I love the natural look I get with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pleasantly surprised by this BB cream!

I'll be the first to admit I can be a makeup snob, tending to avoid drugstore brands, but I am SO happy with this purchase!
I've read so many positive reviews of a number of Sleek products, so I thought I'd give their BB cream (my first!) a try, and I'm very glad I did.

To me, it seems a fairly thick formula, and takes a little more effort to blend than my foundation does, but gives a beautiful result. It's not too matte or dewy, and set with a powder (I use Chanel), it gives such a natural look - your skin but better.
For me, it didn't cling to dry patches, it covered minor inconsistencies in my skin, was long wearing, and didn't settle into lines or cake - nor does it make my concealer cake or flake when applied over it. It actually felt like it locked in moisture from my day cream, which I was very happy about, as it usually seems to evaporate under most other makeup, leaving my face really patchy.

As for price, you can't beat it - super cheap! You get a good amount in the tube, and it has a good little nozzle which makes it so easy to control the amount. Another plus - "Fair" is the perfect match for my super pale skin :)
I will see if I develop any qualms with it over time, but I'm so happy I gave it a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really got on the whole BB and CC trend wagon... mostly because every one I tried was basically just a tinted moisturizer and not very good ones as that.
This, however, is fantastic.
Affordable, I think I paid about $22NZD for a 50mL tube, great pigmentation and coverage - this is more like a foundation than anything else and I love it for lazy weekends when I want to look like I've made SOME effort but in reality, spent less than 3 minutes on my face.
Packaging is simple, slim, tidy black tube with a flip top. Small enough to slide into an overnight bag with a concealer, lip & cheek cream and maybe a mascara and you'll have everything you need for a simple, polished look. I don't usually bother setting with a powder and this lasts about 6 hours on me, with a lovely velvety finish that looks very natural.
The balm itself is very thick, almost like a cream, but it blends very well. I usually warm a pea sized blob between my palms and then gently press and roll it into my skin with my hands, patting with my fingers to blend. You can layer it for added coverage if you want, just let the first application dry for about 20 seconds first. It's not fragranced as far as I can tell, maintains moisture levels and is easily removed. It doesn't feel thick or heavy or sit on a layer on top of your skin (cough,Garnier,cough!) so it's a winner in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Us pale girls usually have a hard time finding BB creams that are light enough for us - so this one is a god-send. The 'light' colour is really fair - great! I have a yellow-toned, very fair skin and this is a great match

This product has a lot more coverage than most BB creams - more like a foundation. Like the look but it can be a touch shiny and needs powder to set

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lot of people were raving about BB and CC creams. After trying a few, I really failed to understand what the fuzz was all about. But, as it turns out, I wasn't using the right ones! The 'Full Coverage' promise did the trick for me. I'm using 'Light', a perfect match for my skin. I'm a NW15/20 at MAC. At first I had a bit of trouble blending it but after a few times it worked just fine. My skin looks radiant, there's no obvious makeup and it doesn't make my skin break out. I still need a bit of concealer as it doesn't cover bigger blemishes. Good staying power and it doesn't make my skin look oily of shiny. I use a bit of powder on my t-zone because that's where I tend to be oily. I think it's good value as the price is very reasonable. I tried more expensive ones but this one beats all of them. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Heaven in a tube. Perfect for my very pale skin - I use Light. My skin looks completely flawless with this yet it doesn't look mask-like. And zero breakouts in 6 months of wearing. Plus it's cheap as chips, even with postage! Will cry if it ever gets discontinued!