September 19, 2014 | 1000 users online

BB Cream - Sleek - Be Beautiful Blemish Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

Firstly, I *LOVE* Sleek. No animal testing, their shade range goes from light to dark, AND their prices are so reasonable!

I don't love this. It's very thick & dry to the point of being cakey. Even when applied lightly it had a drying/flaky effect. I also tried moisturising first (presumably you shouldn't have to moisturise before applying a BB?) which didn't really help. When I bought this there were only 4 shades available - the lightest was a bit too light & the next shade up was waaaay too dark.

This particular product was not right for me but other people have reviewed it favourably. I've just ordered the Sleek CC Cream which I'll review shortly - fingers crossed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I purchased on my last Sleek haul since I was already ordering and paying for shipment to the US I thought I would give it a try.

The texture is thick and coverage is medium to full. I purchased light and this was a tad bit dark for my light/medium skin tone. The product also oxidized terribly about 10 minutes after application. Before oxidation, I thought the coverage was nice and it made my skin look flawless, which it isn't!

I will try it again in fair when I make my next purchase with Sleek, hopefully that will be a better match and keeping my fingers crossed, I won't experience oxidation with the lighter color.

UPDATE: I placed another order when Sleek was running their 30% off sale the first weekend in July, purchased the Fair color and I absolutely LOVE it. It is a little thick so I dot on my face and let it set a minute to warm up and then blend out with my finger tips. I let it set for a minute and then buff with a blending brush just to blend out along my hair and jaw line and then across my forehead, cheeks and chin...this gives me a beautiful air brush finish. All day my face just seem to glow and look radiant. I think it's a nice change from my other foundations and I did like wearing this while experiencing some hormonal acne on my chin, it really covered the redness on its own without the need of heavy concealers so my chin did not look cakey and unnatural.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So first things first-- this is the second bb cream I've tried, the first being Dr. Jart's Black Label. My skin is very dry, sensitive, and acne-prone.

PROS:

Coverage is pretty buildable
A tiny little bit goes a long way
Looks very natural, nice every day finish

CONS:

Takes a looong while to apply to my satisfaction. Comparitively, Dr. Jart's took about two seconds, spread on, pat down and done.

It's really really thick, so application is definitely not as easy as a bb cream should be

BIGGEST PROBLEM: If you sweat, this will break up and look awful. I checked myself in the mirror after gym class and had a foundation moustache-- not cute! If you want to pat your face with some water to cool off, that will also ruin it hard.

Overall, good bb cream for winter. I wanted one for summer, but I just can't pick a bb cream that will break up in sweat, I sweat way too often! Note: I just started wearing Lucy's Mineral Foundation over it, and it's great! Looks super flawless and the sweating is much less of a problem. For whatever reason though, it does make my skin itch a bit.

Edit: I've begun putting diorskin nude sculpting powder just over this, and it is faaab. Looks really natural and pretty. I've also been having issues with dry skin and peeling lately (just started using a retin-a) so I've been putting this bb cream on top of my hollywood beauty tea tree oil and it has worked great for concealing the dry spots.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by madi1993

I wanted to love this product but sadly it just didn't live up to the hype for me.
When applying this it felt fairly heavy on the skin but initially looked really nice. I was impressed by the coverage and 'dewiness' this product achieved.
Half way through the day I noticed I was looking very shiny and sticky. My face also felt a little cakey and uncomfortable.
At the 7 hour mark, my face looked like a patchy, oily mess. The product had broken up on my face and had caused my blush and bronzer to look just awful.
In fairness, I didn't powder over this product which is perhaps where I went wrong. That being said, a BB cream in my opinion is marketed as an "all in one" type of product and should be perfect for makeup on the run. If it were necessary to powder and prime I would prefer to just reach for a good quality foundation instead.
This would suit someone who was maybe just looking to pop down to the shops and wasn't planning on having their makeup on for long. Not suited for a long days work for people with oily to combination skin,

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best bb cream I have tried so far. It has an easy to apply texture and gives a medium coverage which evens out skintone and looks very natural. It is also quite moisturising which is great for my dry skin. The packaging is ultra stylish too. I use shade 'fair' as this is the only option for fair to light skintones. The next shade option is 'Light' but this is a big jump in shades and is a lot darker than you would expect. It would be nice if there was an option inbetween.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by DaughterofJanus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it!! Isn't orange at all, not cakey and has good coverage for a BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't quite work for me, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's a fantastic product. I have very oily skin, and the moisturizing properties of this BB cream are just a touch too much for my face to handle. It requires a lot of blotting or a lot of powdering to make it work. So it's just not for me. But here are the things I do like.

I have very pale skin in the winter. So pale that it's impossible to find anything pale enough at a drugstore price. This is the first time that a product is almost too pale, even for me. I purchased Fair, and it is so light I couldn't possibly use this in summer. That's impressive. The shade selection is so great that there has to be something in there to suit you. They also have a mind towards darker skinned beauties, and the shade range goes very dark in both warm and cool shades. I love this.

The packaging is a sturdy squeeze tube. Very hygienic and easy to dispense the right amount of product.

The product itself feels rather thick and creamy, though I'd call the coverage light to medium. I have a lot of pigmentation issues, broken capillaries, and redness that were not easily covered by this product. If you have less of those issues and average to good skin, this would be a nice option for daily wear. It blends out easily and can be built up, though never to medium to full coverage level.

Like I said, it's very moisturizing. Because of this, it provides a dewy and fresh faced finish to the skin. It looks fantastic when I first apply it! Sadly, my skin eats away at it, so it doesn't look nice for long. If you have normal to dry skin, try this. If you have dry skin, definitely try this. If you're a bit oilier, it's not ideal for a full day of wear but you might be able to make it work. If you're really oily (which is me) you might want to skip it.

I still use this on days where all I'm doing is popping out to get some groceries and don't ask much of my foundation. But on a regular day, where I really need a good 6 hours of uninterrupted decent makeup time, this just won't do.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow what a fantastic product! I am so glad the wonderful reviews here led me to this. I use the Fair and it's pretty perfect for my NC15 skin tone, though it's a tad cool for my warm undertones. This causes no problems at all for my highly reactive, dry, acne-prone, rosacean skin and it covers my ruddiness beautifully. It even seems to give me a little glow. It doesn't highlight flakes and it doesn't separate or get greasy by the end of the day. I apply it over my moisturizer and my sunscreen and it's perfect. This has even replaced my HG Skin79 BB hot pink label. I LOVE this stuff and can't say enough good things about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by geemalai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

although when i first tired this product it made my skin completely break out and i had several dry patches all over my face, but i was determined to get use out of it so i continued to use it and im so glad i did because i absolutely love this product!
after about a week of using it my skin had completely cleared up and my dry patches had gone.
I find it works really well as a BB cream but also as a primer for my foundation, I found the price to be extremely good seen as a lot of BB creams can be quite expensive and also very disappointing (ive tried the maybelline bb cream and the loreal bb cream and found both to be very shiny and light)

I would defiantly recommend really staying with this product even if it doesn't work the first few times you use it because i am so glad i did as i use it every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by nnab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am totally in love with this product. I first bought the colour light and was disappointed about the colour. But because I love the texture and over all product I kinda used it anyways while I was waiting for the lightest shade - fair. And OMG I love it. I use it everyday. I don't use it when I want a full face makeup look though but in a daily basis this my (only!) go to product.

For me I haven't find anything bad about this product. It lasts me all day, looks natural (since I got the right colour) and my skin looks happy. I usually use it with bodyshops tea tree pore minimizer and too faceds primer but I think the product will do wonders by its own aswell.

and btw, it feels like it's never running out! .. but when it eventually do I will definitely buy another tube.