November 27, 2014 | 1629 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Gold Sugar

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Chianti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to Nordstorm, Macy's, and Sephora to get a sniff before buying Gold Sugar, but I couldn't find it. Finally, I went to TJMaxx and bought the only bottle there-3.4 oz for $19.99. Gold Sugar reminds me of Jessica Simpson Fancy Love, which is a big no-no for me! It's not as bad as Fancy Love but the drydown is very similar, even hubby agrees. I detect coconut and citrus on initial spray, then it's Revlon Colorsilk hair dye...I know this because my mom uses it-ugh, then it turns to Fancy Love. Sigh...big disappointment because I've been enjoying Pink Sugar, it's my fume before I snooze.
The bottle is really ugly n cheap looking! Aquolina needs to work on the packaging. I highly recommend sampling Gold Sugar before buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by FETUS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MMMMMMMMMMM!! This smells like warm crème brulee with a hint of orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

I thought I would like this because of the creme brulee & coconut notes. I like most of the notes, EXCEPT the citrus ones. DO NOT, like that. Oh well, they always have to stick a couple of notes in a perfume to ruin it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I got a 3.4 oz at a deep discount and I like this perfume it reminds me of intimately beckham yours for women but with caramel. It is lasting and I've gotten compliments I would repurchase. I find that all the fragrances from this line are all lasting I have pink sugar, chocolovers, pink sugar sensual and I like them all this is a good product line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Predominantly neroli blossom with lactonic / milky notes (vanillic creme brulee, coconut, and a cream accord in the basenotes), soft florals; musk & sandalwood. There also are citrus notes (orange & mandarin) in the opening, which add brightness and lift; they are, however, quickly dispersed, leaving only neroli, the blossom of the bitter orange tree, to carry a citrus-like aroma through to the drydown, where it combines with the basenotes, forming what smells like a lemon cream accord.

A favorite of mine, this is THE most realistically milky fragrance that I personally have come across to date. By the heart phase this fragrance pretty much smells like a rich vanilla ice cream with a neroli blossom garnish.

Sillage and lasting power are excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of Prada Candy and thought that this couldn't possibly be a viable rival for such a smaller price. But you know, it really is. It does have a somewhat sharper opening, but oh, my goodness, the dry down is delicious, warm caramel -- in this case, listed as "creme brulee."

What's incredible is the strength an longevity, given that this is an EDT. It outshines Prada Candy in that respect, which is an EDP.

Like Prada Candy, the sweet factor is not overdone here. It is a lovely, cozy fragrance. Two or three judiciously placed spritzes is all you need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My husband bought me this for Christmas, just getting around to writing a review now. He very rarely buys fragrance for me, but happened to be in Ulta when I tried this out, and he knows I love Pink Sugar. So it was a nice surprise to get it as a gift.

I am terrible at describing fragrance, so I won't give it too much of a try. I admire how some people can give a detailed description, but I can't. I just know I like it. It's sweet and definitely has a lot of vanilla going on, but is not just vanilla. I enjoy wearing it, and have had some compliments while wearing it. It is not a sophisticated fragrance, so if that is your thing, then this probably wouldn't be for you. I'm a 50 year old who likes Britney Spears Fantasy, so that should tell you a thing or two! :)

It's simple and pretty, and I like it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying: I LOVE sweet scents. I do. I wanted to love this one so much. I enjoy both Pink and Blue Sugar, and with the coconut angle on this one, I thought "Bingo! Winner!"

Well...the opening is A LOT of artificial really really heavily sweet coconut and sugar. I think the faux coconut note is what caused my headache. :(

I got no neroli in the opening, but I do get the strong lemon sugar (similar to Pink Sugar) and I was ok with that. I prefer the lemon sugar goodness of Al-Rehab Soft for that particular type of scent. As for the Creme Brulee...yes, I caught whiffs of that, which was very nice, but it is much better done with Britney's Curious In Control.

All in all, the faux coconut is what really killed it for me. The drydown is sweet and fairly tenacious...and it is VERY lovely at the base, but I will not be purchasing a full bottle of this. Your mileage may vary, this might be just the sweet coconutty dessert fragrance you're looking for. They have it billed as an 'oriental vanilla'--no, don't let that fool you. This is full on gourmand.
(crosspost)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a coconutty summer scent and this was real cheap on ebay so I did a blind buy. I really enjoy pink sugar so I figured I would like this one too for I really enjoy foody fragrances. This didn't disappoint at all! So yummy and it reminds me of coconut cream pie with extra whipped creme. I love this for summer and it also has great sillage, like pink sugar. I even like this more than the pink for it's a bit less sweet and has a warmer scent. This will be one of my summer staples!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This was a blind buy for me. Gold Sugar sounded like a true gourmand delight and once I saw it compared to YSL Cinema on Fragrantica, I was sold. Gold Sugar bears no resemblance to her older sister, Pink Sugar. I get a lot of coconut and creamy sugar in the opening. After a few moments, it is reminiscent of a much creamier, more vanillic version of B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena. The coconut stays very sweet throughout. I wasn't a huge fan of the opening, but the drydown was absolutely heavenly. It is the perfect creamy marshmallow scent and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. You definitely need to enjoy sugary-sweet fragrances to like this one; I could see some finding the initial burst too sweet. That said, the longevity is terrible. It's shocking that an EDT lasts only an hour or two. I will probably seek out JLo Miami Glow next time I want a tropical gourmand.