Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush - Orchid Hush

3.0

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Orchid Hush is a light, cool-toned purple pink with a blue base. I like how light this blush feels and looks, but I was really disappointed with the pigmentation. I have light skin and it takes at least 2-3 layers for any color to appear. It works best for me to use my fingers to apply. I tried with 2 different brushes, buffing and a dense blush brush, with no success. The longevity is okay. It probably lasts about 4-6 hours without intense activity or weather. The consistency is light, fluffy, and right in between a powder and cream. It goes on smoothly and I don't have any issue with blending. The finish is a nice satin sheen with no glitter effect. Overall, I don't hate this blush, but I don't absolutely love it. The price was $5 at Walmart, which is not too bad considering most of my blushes cost $25 or more. I am planning on trying a more vibrant color in the future to see if I really love or hate this blush. If you have really pale, cool toned skin and don't want to overload on color, this blush would be perfect for you.

I already have 1 dream bouncy blush, and i'm not a fan of the texture. But when i saw this unique pinky purple shade, i wanted it as i had nothing else like it in my blush collection.

the color is very subtle, the only way i can apply this blush is by tapping my finger in the pan and then tapping my fingers on the apple of my cheeks and blending(just like with my other bouncy blush). I do have to apply alot to get a decent color payoff, and it probaby only stays on 3-4 hours tops (this is over a primer and foundation)But touch up is easy, especially since the compact is so small it easy fits in purse or makeup bag. I just put a few more taps mid day and i'm good to go.

its so sheer, even when i try to get product on my finger its so light. I would reccommend this for fair/pale skin types and it might work has a highlighter for darker skin tones.

Would i repurchase? Probably not. i love the shade tho, would love to find something similar in a different formula/form

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not a fan. The color itself in the packaging is very pretty,but the quality of it was terrible. I'd stick with powder blush

I think the idea of a bouncy blush is very unique and interesting; however, the blush smears and dents in after a few uses- which is understandable, I suppose. I like this color, but it definately doesn't look like a super natural blushing cheek. If you don't like cream blushes, color sticks, ect I wouldn't suggest this blush. I would instead suggest a powder blush

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Looks pretty. Pigment is shitty. Rubbing it on your fingers shows little pigment. Heavily disappointed.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

PROS
*Feels nice

CONS
*Terrible pigmentation. Can't even use it as a light highlight.
*I feel that the regular price around $6 is way too much for this since there is virtually no color, and I am very fair-skinned.
*Balls up really badly when trying to apply
*Wipes off foundation no matter what method used to apply

Love this stuff! It's a cream blush that is a light pink with more lilac undertones. It gives a nice flush to the cheeks. On me, with or without primer it lasts all day. Love it! And it's affordable. And the fact it all squishy just makes it cuter. Just an overall great blush, one of my Fav!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The bouncy thing is weird. I don't feel like I'm getting product unless I take a hunk out of it, and then I have a hunk and I don't want a hunk. I purchased this because I was looking for a nice light pink shade. I have somewhat fair skin with freckles but feel that this color doesn't even show up on me. Kind of a fail. Maybe it'll be better in the winter when I'm whiter.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like shade, but it is not very pigmented. It's pretty and unique but it just needs more saturation.

I knew this was going to be light when I bought it, but it has absolutely NO color pay-off. I felt like the "bouncy" theme was really gimmicky. Overall, bleh, won't repurchase, but might try a more vibrant shade. It might make a good highlighter or base for other blushes to add dimension. We'll see; it might just go back to Ulta.