Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush - Fresh Pink

3.4

on 1/12/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a very nice sheer blush. The colour has a very slight peachy undertone to it and looks great on my very fair skin. It brings warmth to my cheeks and adds a nice glow.

The product has a bizarre consistency. It's not quite a "putty" like others describe, but it's not like your typical cream blush either. It's nearly impossible to apply this consistency with a sponge or brush, so it's best to apply it with your fingertips. Once it's on your cheeks you may be able to use a stippling brush to buff it out, but it would be best to use your fingers still.

The colour payoff is quite sheer and light, but the blush can be easily built up. It doesn't fade very quickly, and it has a powderey texture once settled. I would buy again and I would reccomend.

on 1/22/2014 10:39:00 PM

This is the only shade in this product I own, but I really like it. I want to list the pros and cons, that way people can make an informed decision.

*PROS*
~Easy to apply, but use your fingers. I'm not even sure if a Beauty Blender would apply this as well as the fingertips.
~Cute packaging.
~Fascinating concept.
~Pretty colors.
~Readily accessible at nearly all drugstores, Ulta, and Wal-Mart.
~A little goes a long way.
~It doesn't have any offensive odor to it.
~The texture goes on very smoothly, blends well, and then dries to a soft powder finish.
~Mine lasts several hours. Many people have reported this fading after only a couple of hours, but it lasts at least six on my face.

*CONS*
~This color is fairly sheer, but is easily built up to desired intensity.
~Because it has a putty texture it picks up every speck of dust and fuzz from your fingers.
~The packaging gives no clue as to what this product is. "Dream Bouncy" would have never tipped me off that this would be like a putty blush with a sproingy feel. There is no description or any application tips on the label.

All in all I like this product. I would buy it again and I would recommend it to others.

on 11/5/2013 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the color, I like that it gives a dewy look. I wish it lasted a little longer but it give me the look and color that I like.

I love the colour orchid hush, as for this one, too much! It's too bright with even the littlest amount. Go out and buy Orchid Hush!

on 8/18/2013 10:36:00 PM

I have a few of the bouncy blushes and I do like them a lot. This one, however, is not my favorite. For some reason, this color only seems to accentuate my pores. I have tried a few different primers underneath it and I think it has a little bit of a shimmer which is why I don't like it. It doesn't look shimmery in the packaging, but something is just a little off when I apply it. Shame, because I love these blushes! I will continue to try to love this blush and try a few different application techniques with it, but I am not in love. :(

on 7/6/2013 5:30:00 PM

This is a really beautiful colour, I love the texture of this and how it feels on the skin. The packaging broke after one fall off my vanity, I still use it but it is more of a pain to use and store. I think they need to work on the quality on the packaging, but besides that it is really cute. It is my go-to blush for spring and summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the fresh, matte, naturally flushed look this gives my skin, and the texture is fun to play with. It exhausted me and I was ready to write it off until I read another reviewer suggest you use a stippling brush instead of your fingers, and that completely changed this blush for me. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, since I think there are better creme blushes out there, but I will continue to use the one I already purchased.

on 5/29/2013 8:09:00 AM

Where is the pigment in this product? I can't get it to show up, I tried a 188 and a 168 brush and still couldn't get it to transfer from the pot to my cheek. Useless.

on 3/29/2013 10:42:00 PM

Again, recommended by beauty blogger, Emily Eddington of Beauty Broadcast on YouTube. Packaging is nice and compact, price was average here in Canada ($8?). I like the color. On my fair-med skin it is a nice wash of color, definitely a "fresh" pink, easily buildable. I really like the texture of this blush, actually. I feel like it transfers and blends on the skin like a powder, and it's not exactly a cream either. It's really cool! And you don't have to worry about this shattering if you drop it on the floor in your bathroom (hate when that happens!)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't find there to be anything AMAZING about this blush. I bought it on recommendation of Macup101. The blush does give you a natural glow. It is an expensive blush, but I only bought it because it was at winners discounted nearly $3!! I would not repurchase because I am sure I will be able for find something better than this along the line.

Popular Blush Products