July 23, 2014 | 1308 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Pale Cashmere

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by msfrost

Well, I do like this and I'm shocked to see that everyone thinks this is streaky. It works fine for me. I only use this on the tips of my nails for a French manicure that's not glaringly white. Ick, too white and it looks trashy. Pale Cashmere is light enough to be a French tip, pink enough to look soft and not contrast too much with the rest of the nail.

I use one thick swipe on the tips, then wait for it to dry a bit, then add a top coat. It chips after about three days, but that's the average on my nails, whatever the brand.

I don't think the color is good for the whole nail, it is too light. I'd purchase again if I ever finish the bottle (French tips take very little amount of product)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by misanders

When I first applied this I thought I would hate it. After 2 coats it was still sheer and streaky as others have said. But I attempted to do a 3rd coat (which I have never done with another polish) and it looked good. The streaks were gone and the color was finally opaque. The color was a good match for my light/medium with yellow undertoned skin. The absolute best thing about this is I've had it on for 7 days and I've had no chipping at all. Amazing. If I could change anything it would be to get the color with 1-2 coats, 3 is just too much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Full disclosure: I'm not a big fan of pinks, or of sheers. I bought this (before reading any reviews here; this has been in my collection a while now) in my long quest for a sheer pink that worked with my complexion and which could be used in a French or American manicure. I have actually found a couple of sheer pinks that work well and which I like. This, unfortunately, is not one of them.

First thing: STREAKY! No matter what, this polish goes on unevenly. I'm fairly experienced with polish application and know a lot of tricks to make even tricky formulae work, but not this one. I cannot do just one coat, because one coat is always streaky. Ugh.

And, unhappily, two coats is just too pale and too milky. Not flattering to my pale, cool skin, and it makes my nails looks very strange, with too-pale nailbeds. Again, ugh.

I thought, well, this is very pale and only slightly pigmented, maybe it will work for tips in a French or American manicure? Nope. Too pink for that.

So, for me, this polish was a big waste of time and of money. Terrible formula, colour is bleah (milky, milky, pale, pale), nothing redeeming about this one but the nice, wide brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love all of the other polishes in this line, but sadly Pale Cashmere is too light. I have been looking for a polish in this color, but it is streaky (even with the awesome brush) and barely covers my nail line with 3 coats which is too much for my oily nails. I have not had a problem with chipping excessively on any polishes in this line, but I only wear polish for about 2 days. It seems to dry pretty quickly though, which is always a plus.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this specific nail color after seeing Allison (amarixe on YT) rave about this color and this line of nail polishes. I bought this for about $5 at Target, but I've seen it as high as $8 at the drugstore. Unfortunately, I'm not as pleased with Pale Cashmere as I had hoped.
The good things:
- the brush. I love the shape of the brush. I'm used to the skinny little Essie brushes, and while those are fine, I like the wider brush this has.
- the shine. Revlon says this will have a gel-like shine, and I would say that's true. I probably didn't even need a topcoat, but I always wear one anyway to help speed up drying time and help protect my mani.
- the color. I've been wanting a color like this, a pale white-pink. It's very light, but you can easily tell it's pink-tinged.
The bad:
- the formula. It streaks. I had to use 3 thin coats to even out the streaks, and I really hate using more than 2 coats because I feel like it starts to get too thick.
- the chips. Revlon touts this can wear up to 11 days with no chips if used with their base and top coat. I used my own (NailTek Foundation II, Orly Bonder, Poshe topcoat), and I got maybe 2 days before it started to chip. Today is day 5 with very noticeable chips, and I usually do not have this problem. Mostly tipwear if anything, so I'm not impressed with the longevity of this formula.
- the price. For $5, I guess this was ok, but if I had paid $8 at the drugstore, I'd have been mad. The quality of this is nowhere near close to Essie or OPI, and that's what those cost.
I'm pretty bummed this didn't work out. It's not terrible, but I just have used so much better that I don't know if I want to keep using this. I'd rather just find a comparable color in OPI or Essie.