April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherry Blossom (New for Fall 2012)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ANgelafletcher

I would buy this again but I am thinking it will not be an everyday color for me. It's not raspberry on me as others suggest- it's actually a nice pure deep red on my lips. So far I'm very pleased. All the Pinners were right when they said it's a go to red!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a collector of red lipstick, and this was one of the first ones I tried. Sadly I didn't realize that it was blue-toned and wouldn't suit my warm skin tone! Its a great color, though, and it looks lovely on the correct skin :) If you are in the same situation that I was, know that Love That Red (#775?) is the same intensity, but is basically the 'warm' version of Cherry Blossom. It is orange based :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I stand by the previous reviewer who described Cherry Blossom as being raspberry red. The lipstick in the tube looks red with no hints of pink whatsoever, but upon application the shade lives up to the cherry in the name. This color is much closer to the "pink" category rather than red, but I am glad I got it. The lipstick is very pigmented, comes on smooth and creamy, and the lasting power of it is spectacular! I agree with reviewers who say it is like lip stain; this lipstick lasted 5-6 hours still looking very uniform and gorgeous on my lips. It felt less moisturizing after wearing it for several hours, but that makes sense, because it is quite matte. Overall, I am extremely impressed with the quality. I also enjoy that this lipstick doesn't have any scent, and the tube is sophisticated in its simplicity. I will be going back for a true red lipstick, and will look no further than Revlon Super Lustrous line.

*** *** ***
Update 11/10/13: I have recently been made aware of what animal testing comprises, and found that Revlon is not cruelty-free. While Cherry Blossom is a wonderful shade of lipstick and I will continue to use the tube I have, I will, sadly, not repurchase it (nor the many other Revlon's products I like) because I would much rather have my money go into the companies that work hard and show respect for animals. This is just me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cherry blossom is a shiny raspberry red lipstick. It goes well on the application,it last fairly long. It's got also a blue undertone to it. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by 100_Grand_Bar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, first this is a really bright red. Which is fine. And it looked true to color in the house, but when I went outside to see it in the natural lighting, it went from red to a pink/red. Kinda like Revlon's lipstick called
Cherries in the Snow. Also, back in the house, when I blotted it, I can see the pinkish side come though. Applied with a heavy hand, it's a true red, in the house. I am looking for a red that has no pink side coming through. As far as the formula, it is smooth. I hate to return makeup but there is no way I am going to wear this. Back to Rite-Aid it's going to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kjmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a fabulous red! I have several red Revlon lipsticks and this is my absolute HG red. I am in love. I know a lot of people try to describe different shades of red as being either blue or yellow toned- and I must say I have found some assessments dead wrong. This lipstick color is great red for those who are confused as to which one to try. Start with this one and you won't be disapointed! And the price? This is a low risk investment - but the reward is :tremendously satisfying! A cheap treat that is as good as -or dare I say it- better than a luxury department store lipstick (and I have those as well).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! This is a beautiful pigmented red. This shade is what you see on all the models and and fashion mags. It will not make you look trashy just chic! Most reds will pull pink on my lips, this one was not as bad. I used 3 coats for full coverage straight from the tube. The formula goes on smooth and creamy. I do think this leaves a stain when you remove it unfortunately but its tolerable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is part of the Fall 2012 Revlon by Gucci Westman the Shanghai Collection. It is a lovely medium cherry red with a very slight pearl sheen. No frost here! Cherry Blossom feels light and comfortable on while still completely covering my very pigmented lips.
The wear is good, lasting 4-5 hours if I'm not eating or drinking. (If I do, I blot before and reapply after.) It fades to a muted red stain.
The color is so nice on me! It brightens up my face, and the teeny bit of pearl keeps it from being flat. It's definitely red without being RED. I love this lipstick and have been wearing it often since I tried it. It's the perfect all-year red for me.