October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Skincare - Body - Jason Natural Cosmetics - 100% Pure Shea Nut Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent for super dry skin on body and for your face only *IF* you don't break out from it. I can't use this stuff on my face - major blocked pores and breakouts - and the smell is too strong for me to use elsewhere. It's a soft natural scent, sort of a cross between coconut and suntan lotion, but it's too strong for someone like me that doesn't like scent at all. Would not purchase again - jojoba oil is the way to go for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by salmueras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pleas note I have not bought the Jason brand of this-- I usually buy my supply once every two years or so (that's how long it lasts, and I use it daily!) at any sort of Carribean beauty supply store or online. Make sure you get 100% pure unrefined Shea Butter. It will be a lovely golden color and smells like the beach. It will never go bad, but the color does ripen over time, that is totally a-ok so don't get nervous if you see the color get darker. Don't buy any "Shea Butter" which is white or grainy as those products have been refined too far and none of the vitamins are left. I use this for everything; cuticles, lip balm, dry skin in the winter, melted down with an oil for daily after-bath use, to spot-treat facial dry skin and pimples, etc. The uses are endless! An HG for sure!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2005 7:11:00 AM More reviews by JS10

This is a good moisturizer for rough areas. I use it for my cuticles, elbows, and heels. It smells nice, kinda nutty and sweet. It's hard to use pure shea butter though(hard to get the right amount of product though b/c it's rock hard in the winter and solid-gooey in the summer). Overall, it's a great bargin. I've used it for a year and still have more than 1/2 remaining.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mostly for my cuticles, feet, and hands...you know, the super-dry areas. You get a lot of product for a good price; actually, it's hard to imaging running out, given the amount I use! Scent is natural, sort of hard to explain, but nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 6:39:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i freakin love this stuff & @ under $7 CAD it goes a long way. i use this on my FACE. Cursed w/ super dry skin, i use a fingernail-size chunk of shea butter - emulsify b/w palms & rub into my FACIAL SKIN. Ideal for winter, spring & fall - night or day. If you have dry skin like mine, would use it in summer too (esp. if live in Canada/Northern US). Different amount 2B used for different folks & skin types - have to experiment to find your sweet spot (somewhere b/w not enough product = still dry skin & too much product applied = greasy). Wouldn't need shea butter if you have oily skin or if you live in humid/tropical area. It's perfect for every part of the BODY - i've also started using it on my SCALP too. GREAT SMELL - sort of cocoa-buttery smell. 1 lippy off b/c i find the ultra-pure shea butter (w/out lovely scent) is better for the skin.. by a fraction, but still a noticeable fraction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. Definitely the best winter hand moisturizer that I've ever used - not greasy like some other salve-type moisturizers out there. It can get hard in the cold, but it's easy to scoop some out and warm it up again in your hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2002 11:32:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This comes in handy during the rather cold winter months. My local health food store carries this line. It keeps my skin soft and moisturized.