NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Skorpios

1.0

on 10/23/2012 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

FAIL! This pencil shadow is so awful I created a review page for it just to complain. I'd imagined the Soft Touch Shadow pencils to be like (or better than) the pigmented, well-behaved NYX Jumbo Pencils or at the very least, a Color-Tattoo-type long-lasting formula in a pencil form so I didn't have to dirty my fingertips on application.
In retrospect - pot shadows and drugstore brands actually work better. Skorpios REFUSES to stay put - even under NARS' own (and spectacular) Smudge Proof primer. I see creasing in 15 minutes, which is a first for me with ANY shadow from ANY brand.
I tried setting it with a powder shadow but it didn't work. I tried not blinking for 5 minutes so perhaps it could dry and set - Shutting your eyes for five minutes in the middle of the day is no joke, by the way - and that didn't work either. No matter what I did, this shadow was a creasy mess.
This came in the BeachLover set so I didn't buy it deliberately. But still, everything else is the palette was lovely (a blush duo, illuminator and lipgloss). One lippie for the colour - a very warm coppery bronze. Admire it on the pencil not on your lids.