Bobbi Brown Day to Night Shadow Options palette

4.5

on 6/12/2013 4:23:00 AM

I love this palette. Bought in the airport last year on a whim and until rece ntly only really used the purple side, loved it. Recently howver i decided for winter to start wering more smokey look, i got a strong black eyeliner the use the grey and shimmers to create such a nice look.
All the colours are great with fantastic payoff and i especially love the eyeliner brush and dark colour.
Would buy again, would love to buy more bobbi brown eyeshadow palettes.

on 10/23/2012 10:10:00 AM

UPDATE: While these colours make very pretty eyes for someone who likes a grown-up, chic and natural look, I just realised that because I have to wear glasses, these shades are just too subtle to show up behind my extra-strength goggles... :-( If I could use contact lenses on a daily basis I would surely keep this beautiful palette! **** I bought this palette at the airport. It is a sleek, black case with seven eye shadows and a double-ended brush and a mirror. It looks gorgeous. The shades are cool rather than warm. Ivory is a matte base or highlight shade, exactly as the name implies. Dusty Plum is a metallic light mauve. Eggplant is a warm purple shimmer wash, that applies lightly or darkly depending on how you layer it. Star is an off-white sparkle. Volcano is a warm grey sparkle. Diamond is a shimmer wash that looks a light blueish grey in the pan but goes on a silvery shimmer. Caviar is an almost-black matte.

I love eggplant and caviar - they make beautiful liner shades. Eggplant and Dusty Plum look great on my green eyes. Diamond is a little cool for my skin (very yellow and ruddy). The sparkles are quite sheer but the microglitter in them is rather grown-up and, dare I say chic. I would use them to "top up" other shades. This looks like a great and versatile autumn-winter collection.