July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Eyes - Essence - volumizing lash powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It didn't make any difference to my eyelashes and just created a big mess every morning. Perhaps I was applying it improperly but it's not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by HighMaintenanceNails

I love this product. I have long lashes but they are not very thick or dark. I use Blinc mascara which forms tubes around your lashes. It comes off with water and a little pressure but not with one or the other. I never have raccoon eyes using this mascara however it does not really add any volume so I decided to try this (even though I wear contacts). I do not put it on like as the instructions indicate as I hated how clumpy my lashes would look. I decided to try and use a clear mascara.

Here is what I do:
I put some of the volumizer on a paper towel
I take the clear mascara applicator and place it into the lash powder and coat my lashes. I do this once or twice depending on if I use my lash primer first.
I finish with the Blinc Mascara

For me this works great for a couple of reasons: 1) the Blinc Mascara is very wet can be a bit unforgiving if you try to apply it in layers and can really clump up if not careful, 2) Adhering the powder to the spoolie with the clear mascara prevents it from falling into my eyes and irritating them or getting under my contact lenses during application. This product really give my lashes volume and each day I have dark, thick and long lashes which stays on all day without running, flaking or smudging. This is my holy grail combination!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the bomb! But DO NOT follow the directions listed on the packaging, it will turn you off of this before you get a chance to see what it can do for you!
I followed the tip from anothe review, tapped a small amount onto a paper towel, rolled a spoolie in the fibers, then I worked QUICKLY and applied mascara, followed by the spoolie with the fibers, followed by mascara.
I will use this when I want a dramatic look without having to resort to false lashes, cause using this powder seriously might replace them in my arsenal.
Try try try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When used properly, this lash powder is fantastic. Used improperly, it can result in clumpy lashes and powder in your freakin' eye. Unfortunately, the packaging of this product doesn't lend itself to proper application. It takes some extra effort to make it work; I tend to dispense a small amount of the powder onto a paper towel, then"roll" the included applicator wand over the top of the product to collect the fibers, rather than dipping it into the pot. Sticking the wand directly into the pot will undoubtedly result in way too much product being dispensed, thus causing an abundance of fallout below and actually into the eye. It's best to depot a small amount for each application and build it up from there.
By using this method, I'm able to achieve insanely large, full lashes. I usually apply a thin coat of mascara, then the powder, and then another coat of mascara to hide the white fibers. This is enough to provide some pretty intense lashes. If I want to go for over-the-top lashes, I'll repeat the process.
Being that this is an Essence product, it's quite inexpensive and performs extremely well for its price.
I do wish the packaging was better thought out. Perhaps a stout, wider-mouthed pot for the powder would have been a better idea, with explicit instructions on how to properly dispense it.
I would repurchase, but I doubt I'll have to anytime soon since so little is needed to achieve the look I want.
Over all, a great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kim750

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is terrible. Essence, you need to step it up or not make this stuff. If they are trying to compete with Too Faced Better Than False Lashes, they are not even close. First, the packaging is terrible! You stick the wand in and the whole container of stuff comes out. Then it does not stick to wet lashes. But it DOES get all over your face and in your eyes. Awful. Just awful. Don't waste your $3.99.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Having tried Tweezerman Fast Lash, I just hate this. I love the idea, but this is just not well executed at all. First off, the packaging is just stupid. Why they don't package this in a tube like a mascara is just bizarre. Secondly the fibers get absolutely everywhere EXCEPT your lashes which is weird because they are so fine that you'd think they'd stick to wet mascara really well but that's not what they do. Thirdly, the look just isn't worth all the downfalls of this product. Like previously mentioned, not enough of the fibers stick to your lashes so the look is barely enhanced. If you're looking for an alernative, try Tweezerman Fast Lash, which volumizes your lashes without the mess and stupid packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why isn't this product on BLAST!!!!?

I have average blah eyelashes. Born with them. Not short, not long, more on the skimpy side. Nothing to write home about. So of course I love me some false eyelashes because they do make my eyes look amazing, and it's the one beauty product that truly makes a difference in my look.

But lets face it, false lashes, no matter how adept you get at putting those suckers on, can be a PITA. And this is where this product comes in and saves the day - when you don't feel like putting in the effort of false lashes. This is a fiber powder that comes in a pot similar to the MAC pigments container. It also comes with a mascara brush.

Now here's what I do: I curl my lashes and I use a waterproof mascara like The Rocket or Lacome's Hypnose, and I work on one eye at a time. Apply mascara and while it's still wet, I dip the Essence mascara brush in the fiber powder and apply that to my lashes. Then right away I apply mascara again. And I do this maybe twice or three times (depends) mascara, fiber powder, mascara etc. Now, I don't really know that you need to use waterproof mascara, probably not, that's just what I use.

And wow, does this stuff volumize AND lengthen my lashes. They look stunningly long and lush. And I've gotten compliments on my lashes while wearing this. Does it look as good as false lashes? Ummmmm, no. But it's just a different look and it's great for, like I said, when you don't feel like messing around with false lashes.

I can do nothing but rave about this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

Ulta had a deal on Essence bogo 50% off and I picked this one up on a whim. On my average lashes the fibers only volumizes not lenghten. I use this with a wet formulation mascara because I find using a dryer formula could make it clumpy. I only use this when I'm not wearing my contact lenses, it never irritate my bare eyes but I just don't want to risk it while wearing contacts. I'm not going to repurchase,I'm pretty simple with my lashes. I only wear mascara to give my lashes definition and 2 coats are enough for me plus I don't think I'm going to run out of this fiber anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WORKS ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY, i found this product on my own while i was at shoppers drug mart, i figured why not try it, iv never heard of a lash powerder before. So i tried it out and i love it, it does exactly what it says it does, when i dont want to put on fake lashes i lean towards this product, i found the best teqnique is layering. This is how i use the product and i get amazing results every time:

1. Curl my lashes
2.Put 1 coat of cover girl clump crusher
3. while lashes r still wet, cover lashes with the volumizing powder with the spolli provided
4. Crul the back of my lashes with Cover girl lash perfection
5. Use Benefits they're real mascara on the front of my lashes
6. Coat lashes with volumizing power again
7. Curl back of lashes with cover girl lash perfection
8. use mac's zoom fast black lash on the front of lashes

Then your done, yes it seems like alot of steps but iv tried many ways to work with this product and this way works phenomenally.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have long, baby fine, white lashes. Seriously my lashes are pure white, not blond/lt brown. Quite strange...I ALWAYS wear mascara, even if I go totally bare faced. Now like I said, my lashes are long, so I'm always trying to find a mascara that thickens but doesn't lengthen. Not an easy feat. I purchased the Essence Volumizing Lash Powder at my local Ulta, i believe it was $2.99. WOW...this stuff really works! I just put a light amount of powder on a piece of paper, roll the spooly lightly in it, and apply to LIGHTLY mascaraed lashes, the second coat of mascare is really to cover up the white fibers...but the volume is crazy. I have only used with Jordana mascara, but I'm sure this little miracle will work with any cheapy/high end mascara. The biggest trick is to make sure you only use a very light coat of mascara first. I will repurchase, but don't think I will need too. Theres alot of product in that tube.