Essence volumizing lash powder

3.8

on 6/22/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I have used many "lash extending" products before such as divaderme, younique, etc. I have learned that these products work well with a good mascara. I don't necessarily mean high end mascara- but one that makes your lashes look good w/o the lash extending products. I currently use L'Oréal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes mascara with this product and it makes my lashes look great!!!! The mascara already makes them look long but the lash powder makes them look even longer. Only con I would say would be that the powder gets EVERYWHERE. When Im putting the product on my lashes they stick, but the rest fly either all over face or on my desk or something. It's annoying, but I just brush them off after. The key is to apply the powder on the lashes when they are wet with mascara. I apply once all over my lashes. Then a couple times just on the tips of my lashes. And of course seal it with mascara.

on 5/4/2015 8:03:00 AM

The packaging is poor but for less than a fiver, it is well worth a try- can't wait to get better at application, see some great tips here in the thread to try (dispensing from the pot to a paper towel, etc). I love the YouNique 3D Fiber Lash, but I think this is more versatile, I like to dabble in colored mascaras (blue and purple especially) so I think this will help that :)

on 10/20/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Cheap and awesome. Really does voluminous your lashes for days you need a little extra va va voom. My local beauty spot forever stayed out of stock of this. Finally was able to get my hands on this on a trip to Italy. Glad I did it's my secret weapon now and luckily my local shop is back in stock. Word of caution application can be messy but the end result is worth it.

on 9/29/2014 9:20:00 PM

I like this product! I have decent lashes, but not as long or thick as I'd like. I did semi permanent lashes a few years ago, but it was too high maintenance, too expensive, etc. I had also heard about Younique's 3D Lash Fibers, but I didn't want to get sucked into purchasing from a rep who will want me to host parties. I just don't have the time. That, and the prices of some of the other products turn me off.
Anyway; I agree with the others who gave this 5 stars. You can't follow the directions, and a little goes a long way. As far as the complaints about fall out; the first time I used it, I didn't close my eyes before I applied it, and yes, I got it in my eye. So then, I applied my mascara, quickly CLOSED MY EYE (one at a time) and applied the fibers. Then applied another coat of mascara. I don't feel the need to apply more than one or two coats at the most - after that, it gets spidery and mildly clumpy.
I have to say, for the price, it can't be beat. I wouldn't give up on this stuff so soon ladies, it can be good!

on 7/17/2014 7:06:00 PM

It didn't make any difference to my eyelashes and just created a big mess every morning. Perhaps I was applying it improperly but it's not for me!

I love this product. I have long lashes but they are not very thick or dark. I use Blinc mascara which forms tubes around your lashes. It comes off with water and a little pressure but not with one or the other. I never have raccoon eyes using this mascara however it does not really add any volume so I decided to try this (even though I wear contacts). I do not put it on like as the instructions indicate as I hated how clumpy my lashes would look. I decided to try and use a clear mascara.

Here is what I do:
I put some of the volumizer on a paper towel
I take the clear mascara applicator and place it into the lash powder and coat my lashes. I do this once or twice depending on if I use my lash primer first.
I finish with the Blinc Mascara

For me this works great for a couple of reasons: 1) the Blinc Mascara is very wet can be a bit unforgiving if you try to apply it in layers and can really clump up if not careful, 2) Adhering the powder to the spoolie with the clear mascara prevents it from falling into my eyes and irritating them or getting under my contact lenses during application. This product really give my lashes volume and each day I have dark, thick and long lashes which stays on all day without running, flaking or smudging. This is my holy grail combination!!

on 2/3/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is the bomb! But DO NOT follow the directions listed on the packaging, it will turn you off of this before you get a chance to see what it can do for you!
I followed the tip from anothe review, tapped a small amount onto a paper towel, rolled a spoolie in the fibers, then I worked QUICKLY and applied mascara, followed by the spoolie with the fibers, followed by mascara.
I will use this when I want a dramatic look without having to resort to false lashes, cause using this powder seriously might replace them in my arsenal.
Try try try!

on 1/28/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When used properly, this lash powder is fantastic. Used improperly, it can result in clumpy lashes and powder in your freakin' eye. Unfortunately, the packaging of this product doesn't lend itself to proper application. It takes some extra effort to make it work; I tend to dispense a small amount of the powder onto a paper towel, then"roll" the included applicator wand over the top of the product to collect the fibers, rather than dipping it into the pot. Sticking the wand directly into the pot will undoubtedly result in way too much product being dispensed, thus causing an abundance of fallout below and actually into the eye. It's best to depot a small amount for each application and build it up from there.
By using this method, I'm able to achieve insanely large, full lashes. I usually apply a thin coat of mascara, then the powder, and then another coat of mascara to hide the white fibers. This is enough to provide some pretty intense lashes. If I want to go for over-the-top lashes, I'll repeat the process.
Being that this is an Essence product, it's quite inexpensive and performs extremely well for its price.
I do wish the packaging was better thought out. Perhaps a stout, wider-mouthed pot for the powder would have been a better idea, with explicit instructions on how to properly dispense it.
I would repurchase, but I doubt I'll have to anytime soon since so little is needed to achieve the look I want.
Over all, a great product!

on 1/24/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is terrible. Essence, you need to step it up or not make this stuff. If they are trying to compete with Too Faced Better Than False Lashes, they are not even close. First, the packaging is terrible! You stick the wand in and the whole container of stuff comes out. Then it does not stick to wet lashes. But it DOES get all over your face and in your eyes. Awful. Just awful. Don't waste your $3.99.

on 1/13/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Having tried Tweezerman Fast Lash, I just hate this. I love the idea, but this is just not well executed at all. First off, the packaging is just stupid. Why they don't package this in a tube like a mascara is just bizarre. Secondly the fibers get absolutely everywhere EXCEPT your lashes which is weird because they are so fine that you'd think they'd stick to wet mascara really well but that's not what they do. Thirdly, the look just isn't worth all the downfalls of this product. Like previously mentioned, not enough of the fibers stick to your lashes so the look is barely enhanced. If you're looking for an alernative, try Tweezerman Fast Lash, which volumizes your lashes without the mess and stupid packaging.