October 31, 2014 | 850 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome!! Works as a eye lash comb so it separates my lashes well and I Like that. I use Another mascara and then apply the lash blast right away when my lashes are still wet, seems to work better then if you let them dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Jennister

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-REALLY separates your lashes for a natural effect with 1 coat (awesome for short lashes)
-buildable for dramatic effect
-holds a curl pretty well

Cons:
-flakes and smudges after 3 hours (even with WP version)
-waterproof version comes off with water or tears
-bad for people with oily skin or oily eyelids

Overall I would get it again (but not any time soon) because it does separate my lashes very well, but covergirl needs to make the waterproof version cryproof.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i used to love cover girl mascaras, but now they just don't work for me. this clump crusher mascara is the latest of many fails for me. i found the formula to be dry, flaky, and did nothing for my lashes. it didn't volumize, it didn't lengthen, it didn't define, it didn't even darken my lashes. and to add insult to injury, it left clumps on my lashes, which completely contradicts its name "clump crusher." i tried using this multiple times... on its own, over other mascaras, under other mascaras... nothing worked. i finally gave up and tossed this in the trash and won't ever buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this mascara is great, however it's not holy grail in my standards. Personally, I prefer mascaras that gives both volume and length and the Clump Crusher gives awesome length. The wet formula mascara is awesome for everyday use or as a first coat for a volumizing mascara which how I use it. The clump-free claims definitely hits the nose as I can put three, even four coats of it without seeing any clumps, however the volume is still not there. After using it for about a month and looking at other reviews (of course on MakeupAlley), my holy grail search ended with the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. It gives me everything that I have been looking for in a mascara! Because the Voluminous has a thicker consistency, I sometimes use the Clump Crusher as the first coat and a coat or two of the Voluminous mascara and wow! It gives the illusion of false lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my daily mascara! It's what I'm usually wearing if you catch me during the day, at work, on weekends...

This is for several reasons:
1) it really does not clump.
2) It is extremely build-able, so be patient and keep wiggling and stroking upwards.
3) It comes in BROWN! Not black-brown, not glam brown, actual brown. Perfect for work or days where you'll be outside in natural light a lot.
4) It stays on.

While brown is my go-to, I also have it in "very black" which I love using when I want a little more oomph. I rebuy and rebuy tubes of Clump Crusher brown mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Angieskullsaw

I really like this product. The packaging is nice and the wand is awesome at separating and combing through my lashes. The ONLY problem I found with this is that it starts to flake off after only a few hours. I'm still trying to find a good mascara that won't flake. I might buy this again if I haven't found one that doesn't flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by bymysoultosqueeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best mascara I have ever used. My lashes are long and I can usually make them look decent with any mascara but this one makes them look like I have fake lashes (and was also asked that many times while wearing this mascara) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by xade

I've almost used up my first bottle of this mascara and I would say it's my favourite. I love that it makes the lashes dark and defined with zero clumps. It looks so natural . I am impressed that even though I've had this bottle last me for quite a while the formula did not dry out or change and the packaging letters did not rub off. The curved wand is also perfect for getting all the lashes in the corners while still ensuring no clumps. I will say that when I want a less natural look I like to do the second coat with another mascara to help with the length. Overall this is the best mascara that I have yet to own and will definitely purchase again when my bottle runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by AnnaV72

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There aren't any clumps-but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of length or volume either. I've been on a decades-long search for the perfect mascara, and I've heard so many people rave about this product, so I had to try it. I like volume, length, and just plain POW. Nice brush, and the price was right, but the product seems dry in the tube. I'll try it for a while longer, but I'm not very hopeful. The search goes on...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by danycgza

This is my HG mascara. I've been using this mascara since I began with makeup and for some reason I always come back to this one. It gives a bit of volume and it does not clump. Sometimes I use the Lash Blast in brown with this mascara and they do a great combination! The reason I gave it four stars it's because I wish it gave more volume. Still happy with it (: