September 16, 2014 | 1841 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Paint the Town

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While on the hunt for a nice, non-shimmery red, I came across Maybelline's Color Show in Paint the Town. It's a great medium, semi glossy neutral red. I wouldn't call this a vampy red, but I definitely noticed a difference between coats. The first day, the color was quite vibrant, but by the second it had mellowed into the bottle-color. I've never had a polish do that. The polish viscosity is nice, neither gloopy (Yes, a technical term...) nor running all over the place. It also proved easy to remove with little, if any, staining. I also really like the bottle design, which gives the polish a high end look. The price is quite good and I look forward to trying other shades in the range.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by konfidentialglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty deep red wine color perfect for the fall. The packaging is really nice. Would repurchase if I ever finish the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, deep wine colored polish that is opaque in 2 coats. The formula itself is not too thin nor too thick, but i must say, I had to work slowly to avoid the pigment from bleeding onto my cuticles and the sides of my nails. By itself, the finish is semi-shiny, but I always add a topcoat (and basecoat to avoid yellow-stained nails). The brush is a standard, thin brush which was very easy to work with. Keep in mind, this is not fast-drying, because I accidentally touched by hair and streaked one of my nails. I am not sure of the staying power because my topcoat is topnotch( no pun intended :)), but I am very happy with this polish for fall/winter. I have attached pictures for reference.