December 21, 2014 | 1846 users online

Conditioner - Carol's Daughter - Black Vanilla (Moisturizing) Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Daerena

I wanted to love this conditioner. At first, I felt it was doing a good job of moisturizing my hair without weighing it down. Fast forward to a few weeks later and this stuff has caused a waxy buildup on my hair and scalp that smells like dead skin and burned vanilla. My roots look oily and waxy and I have DANDRUFF. I never have dandruff. I wish I'd read the ingredients more closely on the carol's daughter website and realized it's FILLED with silicones before ordering. To the garbage it goes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have been on the search for a serious moisturizing conditioner that is cruelty-free and not full of chemicals. I have been through more than I can count. I bought this conditioner after I had to stop using the Sacred Tiare one because, as usual, the protein content is too much. My hair hates protein, but it is very damaged, so I do try to use protein sparingly now and then. My hair became dry with the Sacred Tiare, which was too bad, because I really like the fragrance of those products. It's kind of fresh and sweet. I knew I wasn't going to like the scent of this before I even opened the cap just because I don't like any fragrances typically that are a variation on plain old vanilla: they are all just too overpowering for me. This is no exception. The burned vanilla smell is STRONG. I noticed it most in the shower, but then thankfully it seemed to subside once I was drying/ styling. I didn't notice it much the next day either, until it rained and my hair got wet. Then I could smell it again. The conditioner itself is a very weird consistency. I'm not kidding, I looked at the label in the shower TWICE to make sure I hadn't accidentally bought the shampoo. It's highly viscous, almost sticky, not creamy like a typical conditioner. My first thought upon applying was, "As if this is going to do anything for me...not." But surprise, surprise, it really does seem to moisturize my dry, burned up hair. And it detangled surprising well after too. (I have seriously tangling hair. Bad.) I plan to keep using this conditioner: I am curious if it will eventually cause build up, or if the scent will eventually just overwhelm me. But for now, I am actually quite satisfied. The pump bottle is also a huge plus. I honestly probably won't re-buy it, because it would be awfully nice to find a product that performs well that I also enjoy the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by frauschnitzel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair is extremely thick, curly, processed, dry, and generally wildly unmanageable.
This product isn't miraculous for me by any means, but it is quite pleasant to use, although I've found it more useful as a a leave-in conditioner/styling product than as a conditioner proper. The creamy vanilla smell is also lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla line of products, and this daily conditioner is no exception. The scent is wonderful, and the conditioner leaves my hair feeling deeply moisturized.