LUSH Let the Good Times Roll

4.3

Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water (Aqua), Corn Oil, Polenta, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn

on 6/19/2015 8:47:00 AM

Creamy popcorn scent! love this if my skin feels dry and flaky.

on 6/14/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Only use if you don't have extremely sensitive skin. As with LUSH products, there's always lots of fragrance. I use this as a scrub 1-2 times a week. I love the grainy paste texture, as it covers the WHOLE face. I hate it when I'm using a scrub and there's more beads in certain places, but with this scrub, this isn't a problem. When you rinse it off it does leave a bit of a moisturising film because don't forget it doesn't have any cleansing agents in it. Make sure you clean all your makeup off before using this scrub.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I was looking for a new face scrub, a general one as my skin type is quite normal, but can be slightly oily/combination in the t-zone area, particularly between my eyebrows and just above that.
I thoroughly enjoy the caramel popcorn scent that the Lush Popcorn lip scrub has, which is almost identical, with the lip scrub smelling sweeter than the face scrub.
Use is easy- a coin shaped piece is used and I make a paste with a little before rubbing on my face in circular motions.
I enjoyed the fine scrubby particles in this- the maize flour lifts black and white heads out and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth after my shower. It does leave a moisturising film on my face, but not grimy or greasy feeling, just enough to feel like I don't have to moisturise afterwards.

Unfortunately after having using this only twice, i woke up with a large pimple on my cheek which had a head on it...and I never get pimples anywhere near my cheeks let alone pimples, very rarely. I have now started to notice some forming around my eyebrows which I attribute to the film left on my face from the oils in this.
I wanted to like it as it works as a scrub and smells delicious but it just isn't for me.

on 5/17/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm very into the sugary sweet face wash its a very nice exfoliant, I usually wipe it off after washing it off. Very moisturizing and just lovely! Smells like idk sugar cookie?

on 5/17/2015 10:20:00 AM

I got a sample of this and am immediately impressed with this after the first use. It is a paste that feels grainy on the skin but not harsh.. it does not dry up the skin. Smells like a combination of biscuit and cereal. I prefer using this to Angels on Bareskin because the latter can be messy and hard to work into a paste.

on 5/8/2015 4:03:00 AM

The smell of this stuff is AMAZING. Like, you'll want to eat it. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. My skin is very sensitive and very dry. This burned. It also left my skin feeling.....not clean. I don't like the tight squeaky clean feeling, but idk this made my face feel dirty. I'll stick to my holy grail Angels On Bare Skin :) <3

on 4/17/2015 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This lovely caramel corn-scented cleanser hasn't been a game-changer for me skinwise, but I still think it deserves five stars. I've been using it for about four months now, and I really appreciate the gentle exfoliant effect it has on my face. It doesn't strip any oil from my skin and doesn't irritate me. The product leaves no residue behind, so I always feel very clean after use. It's gentle enough for twice-daily usage.

I don't wear a full face of foundation every day, but what little makeup I do wear can be removed in full with a facecloth and a medium pinch of this product. However, I wouldn't recommend this to those among us who do wear heavier makeup, since Let the Good Times Roll contains no soap and doesn't lather.

I say that it hasn't been a game-changer because it hasn't done much to prevent redness and the occasional small breakout. Based on its fairly simple ingredients maize, cornmeal, glycerine, and popcorn I didn't really have high, pimple-reducing expectations for it to begin with. However, it leaves my skin feeling quite soft and smooth in general, and above all, clean, qualities I love in a daily cleanser.

I can't help but mention the fun aspects of this cleanser. It is activated by mixing a small piece with water, and I've enjoyed incorporating this step into my daily skincare ritual (though it might be a deterrent for the time-poor). I like to rub it on my legs to remove dead skin before rinsing and shaving, and it leaves me very soft. As an added bonus, Let the Good Times Roll has a strong sweet scent that I personally adore. I can usually smell it on myself, so this product probably isn't ideal for those who are sensitive to strong perfumes. However, my partner has noticed it and complimented me on my sweet soft cheeks. :~) Win-win tbh.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser in the morning for the past 4 months and I couldn't be more pleased with it, even though the price doesn't reflect the quality of its ingredients which are quite cheap. I have oily skin but I've noticed that if I use harsh detergents that strip all the oils, my skin tends to overcompensate by producing more sebum and I end up with more spots. The maize flour in this gently exfoliates while the oil and glycerin cleanse and moisturise the skin, leaving it nice and soft. It also smells gorgeous, which is a big plus.

on 3/3/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a lovely scrub. Like with Angels on Bare Skin, I have no idea why it is marketed as a cleanser when it has no cleansing properties. Now, I have very dry, sensitive skin because of illnesses and gentle exfoliants are always part of my routine to buff away flakes and brighten. Angels on Bare Skin is my all time favorite exfoliant, even compared to products 3-4 times more expensive and so I thought I would try this one out. I was not disappointed at all. It leaves the skin smooth, bright, and even without stripping the skin. I had run out of my exfoliator and my skin is pretty much flawless and soft on it's own so I didn't think it would do much unless it was out of this world amazing, but after one use the texture and tone was improved a lot. The only complaint I have is that the scrubbing granules are a little harsh and can hurt the skin if you're sensitive, like me. Also the packaging sucks and is gross. But overall, it's lovely. It doesn't replace Angels on Bare Skin for me as my HG, but it's definitely amongst my top five exfoliants.

on 2/14/2015 1:16:00 AM

Let me start by saying I bought this 2 Christmases ago because it was a limited edition Christmas scrub. Then during boxing week last Christmas, I bought it again on a Lush spree. I've sinced used it all up, along with my boyfriend who loved it as well. Just ordered the large container of it online. When I bought this for the second time (this past December) I was breaking out for some reason. I was in and out of the hot tub in the dead of a Canadian winter, with the stress of the holidays and meeting extended family I've never even heard of. Finally seeing my dad for the first time in about a year.. maybe a bit more. Anyways I suppose you could say the stress is what caused me to break out all over my face. I'm not one to break out. I get the occasional pimple here and there but never anything serious. I have blackheads all over my nose and that's usually about it. My skin is pale (think vamp-y) and sensitive, oily on the nose and incredibly dry and rough on the cheeks in these cold months. After using it for about 2 days, my skin was clear again. No other product I've used has been as effective. 100% fantastic. As others mentioned it being too rough on their skin for every day use, I didn't find that (which is odd because even gel face washes without the exfoliant are too rough for me) The scent is perfect. Hard to explain what it smells like without also describing angels. It has that sweet cookie dough scent, but then wait its a little bit salty? But not salty.. just yummy. No word of a lie, I tried eating it to see if it tasted as good as it smells. It doesn't. lol. A little does go a long way, though I find I use more than I should because I love the feeling it has on my skin. The scrubbies are very very fine, not coarse. It doesn't lather, in case anyone was wondering, and the feeling after you rinse it off is slightly 'slimy'. Now, when I use other face washes, when I get out of the shower my entire face is itchy and tight and just so dry. The slimy residue LTGTR leaves is nice and moisturizing. So much that I don't have to put moisturizer in immediately. Once dry, there's no residual feeling. Just the super delicious smell. I love this product. I'd definitely buy again. (I actually did.. waiting for it to arrive in the mail..) The price is a little steep but I think for what you're getting in comparison to grocery store scrubs, its worth the money. The packaging is alright. Typical Lush recycled black tub, nothing special. If you don't like scooping it out with your fingers every time you use it, the container isn't good. But I don't mind. 10/10 for how the product works and smells. 7/10 on price.