April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Masks - Korres - Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by SaraDLueders

So this product hasn't done anything miraculous to my skin yet, but what it HASN'T done is what I'm happy about. Normally my skin is great (I'm combo oily) but the last 6 months it's been horrible. I've been to the dermo probably 5 times since Jan getting cortisone shots and topical treatments. I've pretty much gotten to the point where anything and everything breaks out my EXTREMELY SENSITIVE skin. This is the only night cream I have found that not only doesn't break me out, but it's free of a lot of crap fillers and also smells wonderful. The retin a I was given dried my chin out like crazy and I also was left with a lot of scars on the lower part of my face and the soothes my skin. I have only been using since Feb but I think over time it will lighten my scars. Holy grail for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by redbyrd51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product . I am 62 and I feel it works best for more mature skin . I love anything Korres . This stuff really brightened up my skin and lightened some sun spots on my face . I will never be without it . I just bought the Wild Rose 24 hour cream , can't wait to try it next .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample and was pretty impressed. I applied it every night after washing my face. It definitely helped to make my skin softer and almost plumper. It did brighten my skin a bit as well. It is a thinner consistency cream that easily absorbed into my skin. I only really have two qualms with this cream. One is that it is quite expensive. The second, is that the rose scent is very, very strong. It is too strong for my personal tastes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for almost two months now and I really like it. I have combo skin with really dry cheeks in winter, with hyperpigmentation from sun damage so I'm always looking for something that will even out my complexion. When I wake up in the morning, my spots definitely look much lighter, even from the night before. This effect didn't last when I stopped using it while I was on vacation, but honestly I've tried all sorts of things ranging from moisturizers to serums to masks (some of them much more expensive than this product) and nothing I've tried so far has had a lasting impact over the long term so I won't count that one against this product. This leaves my super smooth and hydrated when I wake up. It doesn't break me out and feels nice when it goes on, not greasy at all. It doesn't exactly smell like roses but I don't mind the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by JaquetaOneofShame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product does't work exactly like it says, but it's a good product nonetheless. One of the more important things to look for in an antioxidant product is packaging- it should be packaged in a dark bottle because light will degrade the vitamin C. This "advanced" vitamin C product is packaged in a clear glass jar with a wide mouth top. I knew enough not to expect many antioxidant benefits from it. Also, digging my fingers into a jar (rather than squeezing something from a tube or dropper) isn't exactly going to preserve the products integrity.

HOWEVER, it IS a lovely moisturizer (to use at night AND during the day). It's got a very rich, creamy texture but goes on weightlessly and is absorbed into skin quickly. It has a light rose fragrance that I enjoy (I'm sensitive to most fragrances, but this rose scent is pleasant and not overpowering). I use it when my skin is feeling dry and stressed and it leaves my face looking healthy and moisturized, not greasy. A little bit goes a long way and this jar has lasted quite a while, so I don't think the cost is too steep. I love it as a moisturizer, but I can't say I saw any "advanced brightening". I will probably repurchase it with the understanding that that's all it will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff is FABULOUS. I'll say right now my only contention with it is the price, which is honestly outrageous. But it really is a wonderful product.

I was a little bit worried about trying it as I have quite oily skin, but the cream sunk in immediately and moisturized my skin better than it has been in a long, long time. It really does make a difference to use a cream with moisturizing agents other than mineral oil once in a while. Anyway, even though it hasn't made a change in my acne--which, considering the richness of the cream, is a rather pleasant surprise--the tone of my complexion has dramatically improved in just a few weeks. Everything is really starting to even out, and with a good eye cream, I don't even mind going without foundation once in a while. I can't remember the last time I was so confident about my skin.

The only caveat I have is that it doesn't last forever. It's a big jar, yes, but it will start to lose efficacy after about three months as most Korres products tend to. While it's a testament to their pledge to stay away from preservatives, for the cost of the jar I highly recommend you only make the investment if you think you can use it all in that time. Definitely pick up a sample ASAP!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Looove this!!!
i put on a bit and my face is visibly healthier looking in the morning!
sometimes if i get some good sleep+the cream, i look like im glowing haha
the rose smell is strong but it smells good and goes away in a bit

only con for me is the price, sephora sells for around 62$ after tax around 70 :(
also wish it was a pump or a tube, dont find the pot type very hygenic

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by imgracekelly

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I'm SO happy I did. The product smells really great, very rosey (as the name implies). I have a lot of scarring and uneven skin on my face and this lightweight product was great at helping to even that out. I've never used any of this company's other products but this product makes me want to try others!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by meilike

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first this helped dramatically improve my very mild acne scarring. But then I broke out again a couple months later, used this and it made my breakout worse. Just a tip: don't use while you are in the middle of a breakout. After my breakout went away I tried this again for a week and did not see any difference in my acne scarring. I would recomend philosophy: help me as an alternative if you have acne prone skin because that will help your skin tone as well as calm down any breakouts you may have. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 2 months and I'm trying to convince myself that I like this product - but I don't. The only thing I like about it is the packageing and the smell, which is not convincing that the product is any good.

First off, it burns like hell when I apply it. I understand that the product is loaded with Vitamin C however, my face is quite red and inflamed, especially around my nose and chin.

Worse, this made me breakout. Cystic acne on my forhead and it's an oil slick. Which is crazy because my skin is natruall y on the dry/dehydrated side.

So in sum, I saw no "brightening" of my skin nor any general improvement of my complexion. Just chaos.

I won't be repurchasing.