Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract

3.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/28/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These wipes are really good! I have very sensitive skin and itís also acne prone. These wipes are gentle enough not to irritate my skin yet strong enough to remove my makeup. I use a wipe every night then I follow it up with a liquid cleanser.

Tip: To save on money, I cut the wipes up and put them in a small tub (a brand new Tupperware container is just fine). One pack of 30 wipes usually lasts me about 2-4 months depending on how I choose to cut them. Just be sure to clean your scissors thoroughly before cutting them to prevent germs from getting on the wipes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love these face wipes! They are the ones I always come back too. These wipes definitely take all my make up off without drying out the skin. I have oily, sensitive acne prone skin and I'm glad to say these wipes have not broken me out. It actually calms any break out I may have. Def recommend.

I lost a fight with a pot of boiling pasta water, and consequently spent a couple weeks bandaged up like a mummy, making it difficult to wash my face. These cloths are awesome: good-sized, thick enough to withstand a little scrubbing and soft enough not to tear up my face if I scrub a little. They have a very light smell--vaguely plant-y--that fades almost immediately. They didn't leave a residue or break me out, and my face was left feeling clean and soft. The packaging looks a little flimsy, but it isn't: the top locks tightly and the cloths stay moist.

on 9/19/2014 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I use these when I'm too tired at night to remove my makeup. I don't know if it would do a great job of removing makeup for full-face wearers, but it's great at taking off the light powder, blush and mascara I occassionally wear. Not very drying, I just massage in a tiny bit of olive oil and wash my face the following morning. They do the job and don't leave the slight film other towelettes tend to leave behind. Love them!

on 8/19/2014 11:36:00 AM

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my nighttime skincare routine, so I rely quite heavily on face wipes to get the job done on most nights. I've tried many different types from the drugstore and this is by far my favorite.

The towelette itself has a mild scent, is pretty large, and very soft to touch, so it doesn't feel scratchy even when I pass it multiple times over the same area of my face. One towelette is all it takes, although if I have liquid foundation on, it does require a secondary wash to remove the last traces of makeup. Most of the time though, all I have to do post-wipe is splash my face with water (or spritz with the Evian atomizer which I keep next to my bed - I AM that lazy!), wipe off excess with a tissue, use a toner, then I'm good to go.

When I've fallen dead asleep without a water rinse (not recommended obviously), I've not broken out afterwards, although my skin does feel a bit tighter than usual. Because it's a tad drying despite being alcohol-free, I've docked a lippie...but I daresay that's heaps better than it leaving any awful residue that might cause breakouts (Neutrogena Sensitive Wipes...I'm looking at you).

Reseals beautifully as well and very handy especially for the gym to freshen up afterwards. I wish it was easier to obtain here in HK, and I definitely love it enough to restock in multiples every time I return to the US! Highly recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

"Sensitive," my butt. These enflamed my skin with red burning patches. Ouch! Avoid these if you've ever experienced this burning sensation from other products; I don't know which ingredient causes this, but it's in these wipes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been searching for new makeup wipes since I no longer have easy access to my all time favorites (Comodynes). I decided to try these ones because they are supposed to be made for sensitive skin. I am almost done with my first package, and I have to say that I do like them. They have no scent, which is a major plus for me because I really don't like fragrance in skin care products - I find it irritating and unnecessary. These do not irritate my skin, in fact my skin hasn't had any adverse reaction at all. They seem to do a decent job of removing makeup, although I never rely on just makeup wipes to remove my makeup - for me they are more of a first step in the removal process. One downside to these wipes are that they do dry out my skin slightly. Not a great deal, but enough that if you have dry skin beware. Also, these do sting my eyes a bit if I'm not careful. Again, not a big issue but something to be aware of. All in all, I like these a lot and will repurchase when I run out, since I have very easy access to them and the price is not too bad (around $6 where I live).

on 4/7/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry and sensitive skin - therefor I purchased these. I love the idea that they are natural! However they set my face on F I R E! Not good at all with my skin. I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/16/2014 1:43:00 AM

The texture of these towelettes are my favorite part of this product: they softest I've encountered yet and feel absolutely wonderful on my sensitive skin. The scent was a bit odd for me at first but I've gotten used to it (it's very soft and subtle, and doesn't linger).

However, I wish the towelettes were wetter; I opened the package and they were quite dry (though still soft). I love the plastic cap but mine seems kind of loose? Maybe that contributed to the dryness. Maybe I got a dud? They don't remove my makeup well at all (I generally wear light makeup day-to-day) and I'm really torn on repurchasing them or if I should move on.

UPDATE 3/18/2014: I couldn't bear not knowing if the package I bought was a dud or not, so I went out and repurchased it at a different location (I made sure the lid was able to stay closed fairly securely and the sticker covering the opening on the inside was on well before buying.. paranoid? who me?)

I was right! I did get a dud the first time! These are perfectly moist, remove makeup wonderfully, are only slightly drying to my skin (far better than some other wipes I've tried), leave no filmy residue, and don't sting or tug at my skin. WIll definitely repurchase <3

on 3/9/2014 6:12:00 PM

Oh I LOVE these. Im glad I took a chance to try them because they are amazing. They smell AMAZING and they take off makeup really really well. It also is the perfect amount of wetness (not super wet and not too dry). I used to use the yes to blueberries wipes but I always wished they were wetter. Im really glad I tried these and im going to buy them for now on :) I use them at night to clean my face then I will rinse with water and pat dry!

Pros
-removes makeup
-doesnt irritate eyes
-smells soo good
-perfect wetness

cons
(none)