November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

Cleansers - Korres - Wild Rose Daily Brightening & Refining Buff Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by poppulent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had really high hopes for this cleanser after hearing praises of Korres' products overall but I can't use it too often because my cheeks and nose go red after cleansing with it :(

The packaging - it's pretty, simple and looks high-end, it's not one of those cleansers with a sticker on the container that starts peeling off after a month.
Scent - I love it! It's not a super sweet rose smell, and it's not too strong. If you like florals and roses, you will like it.
I really liked the idea of the cleanser being slightly exfoliating, I was looking for something light to use in the mornings. Don't get me wrong, it cleanses extremely well and leaves my skin feeling bright, clean, and balanced, but I was so disappointed that my skin would turn red after every time I used it! It makes putting on makeup difficult in the morning because I tend to use more product than I need to to cover up the redness, which goes away in an hour or so anyways. I have oily/combo skin with some acne which is apparently sensitive.. I've been told by someone who waxed my legs once that I have sensitive skin, but I never noticed it myself before. I've been using La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel (for oily sensitive skin) for several years now, and it seems to calm my skin rather than aggravate it and cause it to turn pink.
I love the fact that this cleanser is pretty natural, with no nasty ingredients, chemicals, parabens or mineral oil. I can't figure out if I'm sensitive to the exfoliating particles or an ingredient, but I have a feeling it's the grains because they're a bit sharp on the face.
I noticed my skin was brighter and clean but I did not notice any fading of acne scars, unclogging of pores, or help with improving skin texture. I wish I could give it 5 stars, but my skin was just to sensitive for this cleanser. Everyone else seems to love it though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser it has grains of some sort in but doesn't feel harsh. I mix a little with water in my hands first so that the application on my face is more gentle too. The scent is a pleasant rosy scent and the packaging is pretty. The cleanser itself is mildly foaming and also creamy. I am going to try leaving it on my face for longer to see if it has any benefits as a mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this scrub and can't believe I have never tried it before as there isn't a line out there I haven;t tried for my fussy skin, I dont use many mainstream products for my skin any more as going natural has been the best thing that has worked for my very clog and breakout prone skin. I am a huge Sephora addict even though I dont buy skincare there anymore and saw this the other day. This seems to be one of the newer products in the line since I last used Korres. As far as mainstream lines go this has always been one of the more "natural" I tried out when I first was testing out lines but unfortunately for me as many products it was just filled with too many oils and would leave me clogged and broken out. That is the challenge with natural skincare, it doesn't always mean better by any means and really what works for your skin period, chemical or otherwise. I am happy with my current routine but was looking for a gentle scrub to use as a cleanser in the morning. Those who are insanely clog prone know if you dont stay on top of it daily all hell breaks loose lol. I have found using a scrub as my morning cleanser, a gentle night cleanser, gel moisturizer, and dead sea mud or glycolic mask a few times a week has been the perfect balance with my natural products to stay clear, clog, and oil free. I definitely don't get dried out in the log term like I always used to using mainstream stuff. Long story short this Wild Rose scrub is perfection. I have tried so many as it is a huge challenge finding a scrub that isn't too harsh or too rich. Many are too creamy/full of too many oils which are great for drier types but for me never could be used as a cleanser as they leave a film behind. Using a scrub after a cleanser defeats the purpose of an all in one product for me. This scrub does it all in not only leaving my face super clean as if I used a cleanser but also smooth as silk/exfoliated/skin brightened and balanced from pesky post blemish marks (better than glycolic product I have used before). That is a tall order and one I have yet to ever run across. Most importantly no random breakouts which is even more rare for me especially using this every morning. It is really a unique formula and hope this product is never discontinued. Anyone with fussy or problem skin run and don't walk to try this product as wish I had read all the glowing reviews all over the web for it earlier even though nothing else in the line is anything I can ever use! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

I love this!!! I use it every night and it's not harsh, but leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I also definitely notice that it brightens up my skin a lot, and although it is not specifically supposed to help with this, it did help to clear up my face. I found salycilic acid in the ingredients so that's probably why. Overall it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product! I love Korres so much, it's probably my favorite skincare brand. Plus, we get it cheaper here in Greece.

I love how this cleanses my face thoroughly and buffs my skin at the same time. The beads are definitely not harsh, they just gently even out the texture of your skin, leaving it soft and plump. Plus, the wild rose extract moisturizes the skin, which means no more of that annoying 'tight' feeling after washing your face. A moisturizer is needed still, but at least the skin isn't stripped off its natural oils.

I use this at night after my makeup remover, and I also use it prior to applying makeup to make my skin smoother when I go out somewhere more special.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Rachybabers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My holy grail exfoliater. Will purchase time after time. Does wonders to my skin. Even my boyfriend who is not a skin care type of guy, noticed how great his face feels when he uses this product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by teghanm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Woww!! I have been using this cleanser for about two weeks now, and it's officially my new Holy Grail cleanser!! It makes my skin unbelievably soft, and has made my occasional blemish or zit appear less red and noticeable. I feel very clean after I use it, but my skin is not tight. I use it morning and night, and am very happy with the results. The only reason I did not rate it as a 5 would be that I'm not too sure about the "brightening" qualities it claims to have. I don't think my skin looks any brighter or noticeably different besides being smooth. Although, my skin isn't too dull naturally anyway. I like the smell of this, as it is rosy but NOT overpowering. It doesn't smell like a grandmother's rose perfume, it just smells fresh like roses. Lovely. Also, the easy squeeze packaging makes it really easy to use in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by redbyrd51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser . It smells so pretty and leaves my combo skin soft and clean . I am a total Korres addict . I have not ran across a product this company makes that I do not love .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by tinaduongg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great scrub. I love the granules and the smell. I don't know why people are thrown off by the smell! It's a nice rosy smell. The granules are great for exfoliation but when used with the clarisonic, too abrasive. That's the only downside. Unless you use this product in the morning and another at night. but imo its bad to have two cleansers. And also it has salicyclic acid, which I can't use. Other than that, this product is great. My skin is so smooth and soft and immediately bright. So to conclude, this product is great for people who use only their hands to clean their face and people who can tolerate salicyclic acid. :) good luck with this product, there's a lot in it so its worth the money !!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really have acne prone skin but I find myself feeling as if my complextion is a bit dull more than I'm ok with. with some face washes that promise to help that, seem to dry my face out really bad. I've been using this for a week and WOW. I use it at night after all my eye make up is off. I take a penny sized amount and lather it on wet skin for about 30 seconds. sometimes if I really feel like I need extra exfoliation I use my sephora double sided cleansing brush. the scent is like a natural rose very light and very delightful. it makes my skin feel sooo clean. I already noticed my face looking a lot more glowy in the morning. I am very happy with this product a bit pricey at 24 USD but comes with a lot of product would definitely purchase again and other products from this brand as well!