Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

3.8

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely ADORE this concealer! I have extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin (not a good combination!) so I thought it was a bit risky trying out a new concealer, but I love Rimmel so I decided to give it a try. The results were a silky, flawless look and I have been wearing it everyday since purchase. People are always asking me what I'm wearing (if they've seen me without makeup) or what is your secret to flawless skin (if they've only seen me with makeup). The best thing about it is that you can't tell that you have concealer on! I normally wear it under my eyes and on all my breakouts and red patches.
It dosen't sting and it isn't irritable at all, and as for my acne, if anything they have gotten better since first use! I would definitely repurchase this product, my advise is to buy one slightly lighter than your skin-tone (I have olive skin and I bought it in light) to get the best results.
Hope this review helped!

on 5/26/2015 4:42:00 PM

Although this product is highly rated, it was not what I had expected. It gave me very little coverage (especially on the dark circles). I had heard many good reviews about this product, however for me, it was not suitable for my skin and did not help.

on 5/25/2015 1:33:00 PM

I love this product!! I use it every day and has the best coverage. On days when i dont have much redness on my skin, i just put a bit of concealer on my face and use it just to give my skin abit more coverage and look more refreshed. I would defiantly re-purchase again. My favourite concealer!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this concealer!! I use it near enough everyday, and it's just so creamy, easily to blend, with an average coverage! Holy grail concealer! Love it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When i got this i was really excited after seeing reviews and a video on it. When i first put it on it was creamy and light and it did give me good coverage. Also brighten up the eye area which i loved! But.. now this is what did it for me. After 3 to 6 hours it really set in to lines so badly. I did post a photo on before and after if anyone cares to look because i was shocked. I did set it with a very light power as i do with all my concealers. It made me look a lot older then i am. However i will use this for highlighting my forehead nose ect. Just not going near my eyes.

I love this concealer! I use it for under my eyes, and for highlighting my nose/cupids bow. and it really does 'wake me up'! It's such a smooth, silky, hydrating formula and it blend so easily, and it doesn't crease. This is one of my favourite concealers. I do notice that it fades after a while but that is expected because it's so cheap. Love this product! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This concealer is not for people with dry skin. If you have any dry skin this almost automatically clings to dry patches - even when skin is well peppered. The actual coverage is very good, it blends easily and the colour range is fairly standard and friendly as a far as a cheap concealer goes. If you're look for a cheap concealer and don't have dry skin/ wrinkle/fine lines then this one could be for you.

on 4/23/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think it is funny that this concealer can be found in the States, but I had to order the foundation from asos.com. I picked this up when I saw it at my local Walmart. I have had the Wake Me Up foundation for quite awhile before I bought this concealer. I really like the foundation and the concealer doesn't disappoint.

Now let me just be upfront and tell you that I really only use this for under-eye sallowness. I do not have dark undereye circles, just a bit of hollowness that needs to be concealed and brightened. So what I look for in a concealer like this is brightness and vitality. It fits the bill for this order. I bought this concealer in "Light" and it has a little bit of a pinky/peach quality to it, which I like and know is good for concealing blue/purple colors. I don't know how well this would work with extremely dark circles. I don't think it is opaque enough for that. Perhaps it would be a good product to use over a more serious concealer to add luminosity. I don't notice any creasing or dryness. It feels moisturizing, sets after a few minutes and plays well with a variety of foundations.

I have used this to cover up acne scars, but I'm super lazy and don't really use it for this on a daily basis. I can't attest to how well this would work for intense, dark scars. I tend to think there would be something better out there, but it wouldn't hurt to try. The pinky color is good for covering brown discoloration in theory. I would think if you had light to medium brown discoloration you could spot conceal with this.

This has never burned my eyes or broke me out. It blends easily and I apply it with my fingers. The color selection of this product is not very extensive. I think if you liked Rimmel's Wake Me up foundation I think this is something you should check out. Overall I personally like it very much.

on 4/20/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to enjoy this concealer, after hearing rave reviews about it, i thought it would be perf for under the eye and highlighting. However, this concealer gave me the WORSE skin reaction I've ever experienced from a face product. It made my skin extremely dry, itchy and red, which mind you lasted for a few days. My undereyes were literally burning! There may be some ingredient in it that my skin rejected, either way i was very disappointed with this product overall ):

on 4/19/2015 2:07:00 PM

This concealer is good but I was a bit disappointed with it after all of the good reviews. When trying to cover spots and redness it doesn't set right and looks like its peeling, whether I put a lot on or a little it does the same. It does last the day on your face which I am pleased about. I think that it is a bit overpriced and I won't be repurchasing.