October 24, 2014 | 2011 users online

Shampoo - Renpure - Ren Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Lexithyia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After searching long and hard for a great cleansing conditioner for my long, thick and highlighted hair I came across this one by Renpure. I must say I'm impressed. The consistency is very thick and creamy which is perfect for my thick and dry hair. It went on like butter and rinsed off easily. It has no sulphates, parabens or animal testing and contains plenty of organic ingredients. This is perfect! My hair feels soft/looks shiny and my scalp pleasantly tingles for hours after each use. I would strongly recommend this for its overall quality and price compared to other cleansing conditioners :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

My hair: Fine but I have a lot of it, curly/wavy, dyed regularly, halfway between shoulder and boob

I used the argan shampoo and conditioner from Renpure for a long time, and I still love them, but I wanted to just get rid of shampoo altogether and didn't want to sell an arm, leg, and possible kidney for the price of Wen or try a conditioning cleanser from some well-known regular drugstore brand like Pantene or Garnier as I've never really had good luck with those kind of brands.

So I picked this up at Walgreens. It's 16 fl oz, thin consistency (think like a thin lotion). I do really, really like this product, but I'll start with the negatives first to get those out of the way.

One, it's not moisturizing enough for me to be able to use it on the mid-lengths and ends of my hair. I need to use a separate conditioner on those parts (argan oil one from Renpure), which I don't really mind because yeah I guess a cleansing conditioner is supposed to be able to eliminate that step but what can ya do. It only adds like 15 seconds of extra hair-cleaning time so I'm not mad about it.

Two, it says it can function as a leave-in as well, but I found that when I tried using it that way it weighed my hair down (remember though I have fine hair). Those are really the only negatives I have to say about it though.

This does get my hair clean, without being stripped. I don't need to use as many pumps that are suggested because I thin mine out a bit with water while it's on my head so I can really get the most out of it and spread it around easier. I find that it doesn't take that much effort, either. I've never tried Wen but from what I've heard about it, it sounds like you have to spend 37 years in the shower washing your hair lol but I just spread this on, massage it around for a couple minutes, and it rinses out easily.

Also a nice tingly/cooling sensation on the scalp from this, which is a wonderful feeling during summer. The scent doesn't really linger, either.

I used up about half of my bottle in a month's time, which I guess isn't so bad because it is a pretty small bottle.

I wish they had a "not sure" bubble to click for "would you buy this product again?" because I do really like this, but I've started using the As I Am coconut cowash and it's cheaper and I like the smell better, plus it's more moisturizing, so I really don't know if I would repurchase this. But overall I do think it's a great product and it still leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy about Renpure as a brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Sail7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a competitive swimmer which means practice everyday, and so my naturally bleach blonde hair was absolutely fried from the chlorine. I was naive and decided to try and get the chlorine out by using the V05 clarifying shampoo every. single. day. Huge mistake. By trying to help my hair I was really destroying it even more. So I had been asking some friends about hair products when my neighbor introduced the renpure cleansing conditioner. She let me try it (and ultimately keep it; it didn't work out for her hair type) and the shea moisture restorative shampoo and conditioner. So now I have been using renpure cleansing conditioner every day for the past week, no shampoos at all just a bit of the shea moisture conditioner, and let me tell you, my hair feels absolutely splendid!!! I have naturally thick, kinky, medium length hair that was frizzy and unmanageable before the chlorine, but afterwards was a complete mess. This stuff turned that right around, and honestly, I can say that my hair has NEVER felt better than it does now. It's not greasy or limp at all. It has body, bounce and shine. Seriously if you need a hair miracle, this is your jam. I hope renpure never stops making this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Sammy68

I love this cleansing conditioner! I have collar length, wavy/curly, dyed blonde hair that is very dry and this product really delivers softy, silky tresses without frizz. I co-cleanse my hair when it gets longer. I'm not one of those gals who can go 2-3 or more days without washing my hair at all - kudos to people who can - but I love clean, fresh-smelling hair, so co-washing is the way for me. I have also used the pomengranate formula, which I believe to be more moisturizing than this formulation, so I alternate between the two, and actually shampoo my hair once a week to remove any buildup. I like the way my scalp tingles and the minty scent. I believe my hair holds on to the color longer and it does not get brassy, like it would using foaming (sans sulfates) shampoos. It's $7 bucks a bottle, which for me is a real bargain, since I don't need to buy an additional bottle of conditioner, even though I go through this quicker than normal shampoo. I hope Renpure NEVER stops making this product. Wen is way too expensive for how much you receive and quite frankly I don't see any difference in the product results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by chowchowface

As a cleansing condition, Renpure's Cleansing Conditioner performed so-so for me. I have thick, oily hair. I followed the directions on the bottle to the T but I got so-so result.

Firstly, the conditioner itself was a lot thinner than I imagined. It was watery and an opaque white. I have long hair so I used probably closer to 18 pumps to cover my head. I massaged it in for a few minutes and waited until the end of my shower to rinse it out. I spent a lot of time rinsing it out because my hair easily looks weighed down because it is so oily at the roots. I towel dried my hair and noticed that as my roots dried, they looked surprisingly clean. But as the rest of my hair dried, I noticed that the ends felt dried-out and even the dried hair felt like it was covered in some waxy, semi-oily residue. I guess I did not rinse one spot on the back of my head as thoroughly because it was really stringy and even oilier than the rest of my hair. While my hair wasn't as "dirty" looking as I thought it would be, it looked weighed-down and flat. There was no shine and softness to my hair at all. I ended up washing my hair later that night with a sulfate-free shampoo and my hair looked infinitely better- much less limp and stringy-looking.

I'm giving this 3 stars because instead of throwing this away, I decided to see how well it would work as a shaving cream on my legs. And it worked wonderfully like this- my razor glided over my skin like it never has before and I didn't nick myself once. And my legs were especially moisturized after the shower.

So as a cleansing conditioner for thick, oily hair? I don't think this would work out without weighing the hair down and making it dull and stringy. But as a shaving cream, it's pretty awesome. I'm glad I'm using it in some way or another.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice cleansing conditioner. It smoothed, de-frizzed and de poofed my wavy hair. The only thing that I can say, negative about it, is this left my hair crunchier than HairOne and Wen. I have to say that, hands down, Hair One is better and perhaps equal to Wen. Renpure is also a great alternative, and you get more for your money. Also, I woke up the next morning and not a single hair was out of place. This Renpure might be good to have on hand as a replacement for hair gel and mousse. Even after I shook out the crunch, there was not a single hair out of place. After I slept on it - and I toss and turn like crazy - my hair was perfect. And when I say de frizzed and de poofed, I do mean not even a bit of frizz, which is hard to do with my hair. So anyway, this is not the best, but it has winning qualities. It might just be good to have as a back up for special occasions. Hair One and Wen for everyday use.

Hair One: 12 ounces $10 + shipping
Renpure: 16 ounces $13 + shipping
Wen: 6 ounces $20-$30 + shipping
(This is just based on where I live)

It seems they all have mint in them, though. I guess that's the active ingredient? I'm thinking about just buy some mint oil and making my own.

Next, I'll be trying the L'oreal and see how that goes.

Once more, over conditioning is a strong possibility with this, even for my porous hair type. Every other day or so, maybe every other couple of days.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by BethInAlaska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim after deciding not to try the Wen (cost). First time I used it i was very skeptical that my hair would feel clean. But it did feel clean. And it looked nice too - no frizz, shiny and smelled great (I actually used the pomegranate). I have thick but fine curly hair that is prematurely gray and kind of getting pubic-y in its texture, and this shampoo was a good way to smooth it without using dimethicone products (can't use these ). No problems with tangles. The second day ( I generally wash every other day) I could comb through and it looked nice and wavy, very good. By that night, I could see my hairline starting to look oily ( never ever happens).

And then it got hot outside and my scalp started to break out. And I wondered what causes it so I checked the ingredients. And I apparently had missed that it contained dimethicone. It's only enough to screw my scalp up if its warm out but I think its probably best for me to stay away from dimethicone all together,

So off to find a different , less economical product with no dimethicone! But I actually like this,product!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Please don't call something 'organic' when it's not! RAWR! Green-washing aggravation aside, I did not like this product. I bought this during a drugstore BOGO and during a happy love affair I was having with cleansing conditioners. I've never used WEN, so I cannot compare - but if WEN is *anything* like Ren, I would NEVER purchase it!

Pricing: Pricing was very fair for the amount provided.

Cleansing: I cleansed with this as I did with other products I use to 'co wash' - dilute with water, massage very well. In doing this I found this product to be an effective cleanser.

Conditioning: This product was a terrible conditioner. I would have to fight my wide-toothed comb through my hair post-shower, all effort towards trying to detangle my poor strands.

The brightside: It smells really nice! And overall let my hair feeling very soft and smooth, you know - after the half hour I spent detangling!

Overall would not purchase again. I don't see this as a good fit for somebody who has hair similar to my own (very long, thick, coarse) but could be effective for somebody who's hair is thinner or less coarse.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by shwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like another reviewer says, this has zero cleansers in it... So if you have oily hair, don't bother. It was great the first day after using a clarifier so that my hair would be rid of any left overs from my other cleansing conditioners. Every use after that slowly became more and more built up and greasy. I'm not sure what to do with the rest. I even tried using it as a leave-in conditioner just for the hell of it and as a condition to regular shampoo and it was still a greasy mess. I gave it one lippy only because it does control frizz.... by weighing down.

I went back to L'Oreal Cleansing conditioner. Wen is too expensive but to be honest I love L'Oreal's scent better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by PrairieRoseGoldDust

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great product, but, then again, I haven't used shampoo on my hair in at least ten years. Before this product, I would use only conditioner, diluted, as a 'wash' for my hair. My hair is color treated, very long, thick, wavy and somewhat dry. I normally use only Moroccan Oil to style my hair, and a dab of Moroccan Oil Curl Cream or Ojon Restorative to tame frizziness. So, bearing that history in mind, I may have a somewhat different take on Renpure Cleansing Conditioner than some other reviewers because I'm not used to shampoo anymore. I haven't felt that squeaky clean feeling in years - and my hair has been happier for it. After using Renpure for a couple of months, I found that this product works best mixed with at least an equal amount of water, possibly even two thirds water and one third product. It really seems to be key in making it work well for me. I transfered some to an empty Renpure container (I save cosmetic containers because I make some of my own beauty products!), added water and shook it up to mix. Since I can't stand the tedium of pumping enough for my long hair (it takes alot of pumps to really get enough product!) so I just open up the bottle and pour it out. I kind of wish it came in a non pump bottle, but that's no biggie. I massage it through my hair and scalp, let it sit as I finish my shower and then rinse. Normally I add Moroccan Oil and let my hair air dry. I'm left with great body, beautiful waves and gorgeous, soft, shiny, lovely hair.